[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mana Murphy's as good as her word, kid. No more jet. No
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 7
Mana Murphy's as good as her word, kid. No more jet. No more sight neither
>>
I hate this dumb fucking character. Get your own chems, cunt.
>>
I wonder if Bethesda has team meetings about making sure they come up with the most unlikable characters to annoy the player with.
>>
>>319984384
I wish I OD'd her just to get her to shut up. Same with the rest of them.
>>
>>319984384

So I built that bitch her chair and she hasn't gotten out of it in hundreds of game days. Why can't I put that cunt to work?
>>
File: 1449006827083.jpg (40 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
1449006827083.jpg
40 KB, 500x738
>>319984501
I'm pissed that they don't just let you shoot her in the museum. You already know by that point that she's clearly just a dumb junkie cunt, and yet the rest of the Minutemen are all "oh, yes, excellent insight madame murphy" and she's FUCKING INVINCIBLE.
Fucking Bethesda.
>>
How many chems do you need to feed her until she overdoses?
>>
>>319984384

I hate her va
>>
>>319984528
With that Marcy cunt and Elder Maxson, I don't doubt it
>>
I used console commands to turn her into a ragged old black woman.

She talks like an old jew too.
>>
>>319984719
>You already know by that point that she's clearly just a dumb junkie cunt
She is, but her visions actually impact the game. Like getting out of killing the mobsters by saying a phrase she tells you.
>>
She's the fucking worst.
I hate "seers" in general, and she's just one of the most insufferable, unimaginative types. All she does is try to give the plot some mystique, and it's so hamfisted.
>>
should have called her lazy as fuck plot device
>>
>>319984765
Seriously, it's the laziest fucking shit. They could have at least put on a scratchy smoker's voice to go with the look.
>>
>make settlements the big gimmick of the game
>heavily restricted in what you can do

Some places are just bad to build on due to uneven ground.
>>
one bullet

you can shoot either mama murphy or the guy who sells swottahs

choose wisely.
>>
>>319985092

Heh I said it since I work in a nursing home and her voice sounds literally like 2-3 women there. They definitely phoned that one in and took anyone or hired a relative/friend.
>>
>>319985219
Mama murphy, since at least I could've jewed the swatta guy in the past
>>
>>319985219
Because a script went wrong surprise, surprise I got paid twice for that set of baseball gear.
Murphy gets the bullet.
>>
>>319985219
Mama Murphy easily.
>>
>>319985219
I like the swatter guy. If I had a hundred bullets, I'd use them all on Mama Murphy
>>
why does Beth put in so many unlikable motherfuckers in prestons group

I'm surprised he didn't kill them all or turn the gun on himself
>>
>>319984384
>mfw i killed her on my first and main save
Didn't even realize you could save her through a charisma check.
>>
>>319984384
>>319984501
>>319984765

can't you just shoot her?
>>
>>319985219
Mama Murphy, as Swatta guy not only gives me a quest for like 300 caps, but he also sells shit.
>>
>>319985216
>make settlements the big gimmick of the game
>make them completely fucking pointless besides building vendors and workshops

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>319985219
Moe's a pretty funny guy, even if he is a HEY DUMBASS, THAT'S NOW HOW BASEBALL WAS PLAYED
>>
>>319985796
no, she and pretty much every npc are essential.
>>
>>319985796
Essential unless she ODs
>>
>>319985695
He was just ready to kill himself.
He tells you just that.
>>
Why is Bethesda so good at making unlikeable characters
>>
>>319985898
>>319985918
what the fuck
>>
File: 854736.jpg (10 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
854736.jpg
10 KB, 320x240
>>319984384
she looks like a alternative Koume and Kotake from zelda
>>
>giving her chems more than once out of curiosity
>despite everyone around her saying not to
>despite her clearly being a problem user and/or slightly harmlessly insane
>this is just some fairly random stranger you only just and briefly met
>expecting some sort of Star Wars style shit seers with actual visions
>not saving those chems for yourself
>killing her for no good reason, a settler under your watch
>indulging whoever wrote this terrible shit at all
nah senpai
>>
When she died, I shot her in the head to make sure and her head exploded. Then I sat her body up in her fucking chair outside the gates of Sanctuary.
>>
>>319986762

>Murphy ODs
>everyone gathers around in shock
>none of the NPCs react when I blow her head off and throw the ragdoll around

bethesda please
>>
>>319986980
Lmao
>>
>>319986059
Druggie grandma and bitch would make me want to do that too...
>>
>>319985219
shoot the swottah cunt right in his fucking beaner head. mama murphy i can at least force overdose then drag her body to the centre of a building site then build over the top and let her rot under my floor boards
>>
>>319985796
lol
>>
This is one of the reasons witcher 3 is a better game ;^)
>>
>>319985898
>>319986085
Hate how Bethesda has been making more and more NPCs essential in their latest games.

Like, for this case specifically. I'm sure they had playtesters. I'm sure they had people trying to kill that cunt or expressing how annoying she is. They could've made her non-essential and made alternative paths to make the quest work without her, as with some other very prominent shitbag NPCs.

For other, less prominent shitbag NPCs, why not just let the player kill them and break the quest? Clearly the player has considered that option, and he can always reload a save if he decides otherwise. Morrowind did it and nobody complained about it, Morrowind even let you break the main quest (but informed you that you broke it)

Also, I often hear the argument
>but then deathclaws would kill them!
>but then supermutants would kill them!
except there's a state of essential that only allows the player to kill someone. Otherwise they just get knocked down. This is already in the game, fully functional.

but no, Bethesda just opts to make 80% of named NPCs essential because they might be involved in the "FAGGOT STOLE MY SHIBBLEDIBBLE" quest.
>>
>>319990776
There are some NPCs who aren't tied to any quest, or if they are, are nothing more than background decoration.

Like those two annoying Asians in Preston's group who shit up Sanctuary. They had a handful of off-hand lines that weren't important at all, and did nothing else. Why were they essential? Even if Bethesda REALLY wanted them to be alive until they got to Sanctuary, then why the fuck are they STILL essential forever after that quest is over?

Anyway, to answer your question, Bethesda simply isn't catering towards people interesting in RPG mechanics and freedom of choice. Todd himself said that they made the companions (namely Dogmeat) invincible because 'everyone' reloaded when they died in previous games. That's proof right there that they only care about the turbocasuals that Fallout 3 brought in.

Also, if there's anything modern Bethesda hates, it's putting any kind of barrier in front of the player. Modern Bethesda games are designed in such a way that you can experience basically everything in one playthrough, regardless of how little sense it makes in-universe, or how many coding hoops they'd have to jump through to brute force it that way. Hence why everyone even remotely involved in a quest can't die unless them dying is part of the quest.
>>
>>319991572
I kind of agree about the companions, but they should only be invincible if you're not playing on hardcore. Otherwise it's stupid
>>
>>319992194
And of course Bethesda completely ignored hardcore mode like how they ignored everything New Vegas introduced.
>>
>Find out Mayor MacDonald's is an institute tinhead
>Can't assassinate him due to magic

Bravo.
>>
>>319984743
She overdoses on psycho.
>>
>>319992283
Hardcore wasn't all that great in New Vegas honestly. It was only hard at the start when you were in hobo phase and had to resist your urge to grab everything. After you got your favorite gun and lots of ammo for it, it was back to business as usual.

Food, water and sleep were more a nuisance that had to check every now and then. Also it always bothered me that the courier didn't start with a bedroll and it took them 4 DLCs to actually include it. I mean that seems pretty important if you're gonna be travelling around a lot.

I wonder if survival can even be implemented properly in a Bethesda game. From bullet sponge enemies to the game showering you with ammo, armor and weapons, it's really hard not to become overpowered.
>>
>>319990776
You can kill Father the moment you meet him
>>
>>319984719
She can OD on psycho I think, if you bring enough chems
Problem is Jun becomes more depressed, even if you managed to cheer him a bit up by making sanctuary better.
AND Marcy will not only hate you for being you, but also for allowing Mama Murphy to get chems to OD on, so she will shit talk you even more

In my second playthrough when I first met Marcy I just opened the console, made her unessential and killed her with commands
Nobody cares that she is gone, Jun is just his usual self, and now that she is no more in sanctuary the settlement is 10x better
>>
>>319984765
I dont know how, but her voice actually changes a lot between the moment she introduces herself and when she is in sanctuary
In the Museum I called her shit bullshit and for some reason she spoke without the fed up/nagging tone she always has.
It was a lot more likeable
>>
>tfw saved her for cheap affection
just stuck her in a sweatshop for scrap since then, worst fucking VA in history
>>
>>319992821
I honestly think the only reason you can kill father is so people can use that fact as a counter point to the argument, as you have just demonstrated.

>Blah is bad because a,b,c,x, and y
>But z!
>>
>>319992821
no you can't
he's essential
>>
>>319986059
How brutal would that be
>rescue Preston and his 'friends'
>he sees hope for the Minutemen once more
>he asks you to join them, because without you it ain't gonna happen
>you say no
>his whole mood and VA becomes depressed
>he tries to give you a few quests and shit to at least help the Minutemen
>you say no again
>a few days later you get to Sanctuary
>Preston is nowhere to be found
>search the area, he is in that shack south of Sanctuary, dead on the floor, pipe pistol next to his hand
>holotape on his body containing his last words
>they are about his hope for a better world with the Minutemen
>>
>>319994047
You can kill Maxson and Desdemona too
>>319994108
lol
>>
File: 1447647286769.png (22 KB, 480x522) Image search: [Google]
1447647286769.png
22 KB, 480x522
I OD'd her and now have her sweet ass chair
>>
I just build a tiny shack under the bridge, placed her chair in there (she gets up briefly if you ring the bell) and replaced the door with another wall after she got in.
Mama Murphy wasn't much of a problem afterwards.
>>
>>319994353
I build a stairwell as high as I could, placed her chair there and deleted almost all of it
Now I have Mama Murphy floating high up in the sky, away from the good folks

I should do the same with Marcy, or perhaps what that anon did, locking her up in a deep pit, occassionally dropping soap and buckets to her while quoting Buffalo Bill
>>
>>319992676
>I wonder if survival can even be implemented properly in a Bethesda game.

Skyrim has some fantastic survival mods

Frostfall + Wet and Cold + Realistic Needs

Sucks that similar mods don't exist for NV.
>>
what do you mean by 'her chair'?
>>
>>319995393
After you give her Jet, she will ask you to build a chair for her. This is a special chair (literally called "Mama Murphy's Chair", in it's own category) and once it is built she will sit in it and never move from that spot again.
Unless you get her to stand up briefly (by ringing the bell per example) and moving the chair in workshop mode.
>>
>>319984802
Marcy's tsundere as fuck
"what gave you the ideea we're friends, baka"
"this place is still shit, but i guess it could be worse, baka"
My headcannon is that she gets up in the middle of the night and keks Jun with the Sole Survivor every time he's in Sanctuary.
>>
>>319995329
Frostfall + Wet and Cold + Realistic Needs.

This mans speaks in truths.
>>
GIRLS

GIRLS

WATCH OUT
>>
>>319996184
If realistic needs are just about chugging one of your hundreds upon hundreds of gathered breads along with some drink it's no better than NV hardcore. If there's no real shortage, ever, without even trying, then why bother?
>>
>>319995704
I might just box her in with something so I don't have to look at her
>>
>>319997736
Just don't place it near the point where you fast-travel to, otherwise she'll start talking every time you go to Sanctuary.
>>
>>319997225
no no, you can only carry 1 loaf of bread at once because it's realism

There's still food around every corner though so it's impossible to starve no matter what
>>
>>319997225
There is a mod called You Hunger to reduce the amount of food in the world

That and Hunterborn and a hardcore economy mod and you pretty much have to forage and hunt animals to survive, at the start of the game anyway
>>
>>319984685
She's dead weight. Give her the chems she wants until she ODs.
>>
File: morphine administered.jpg (132 KB, 604x454) Image search: [Google]
morphine administered.jpg
132 KB, 604x454
>mfw I overdosed her and threw her disembodied head into the river
>>
>>319985219
I need the swatta guy for baseball grenades.
>>
>>319984384
Strong is worse, that bitch farms a plot far away, Strong sits close to my fast travel point and talks constantly, had to send the fuck off to his own settlement forever.
>>
>>319985219
>Actual rules
>HEY DUMBASS THAT'S NOT HOW BASEBALL WAS PLAYED
HATE
NEWS
PAPERS
>>
>>319997968
>you can only carry 1 loaf of bread

A strange fix to a problem which just makes it hamfisted.

>>319998085
This sounds about right. Depending on penalties for starving. If you have mild OCD like me I can't bear the thought of having even a little penalty applied due to mild hungerness.
>>
>>319998445
>Picking any option
"I like my version better"
>>
>>319984384
Typical Bethesda writing. If you weren't expecting similar shit from Fallout 4 way before it was even announced you've probably never even played a Bethesda game before.
>>
>>319998489
Wait, you want really strict rules, and for it to be more difficult, but don't ever want to feel a penalty. You are a strange person.
>>
>>319984719
Wait, you can't kill her? What about the rest of the minutemen? I'm playing as Hitler and want to wipe everyone out except the BoS.
>>
>>319998815
The Minutemen are the "failsafe" of this game. The faction you can use to complete the game even if you made enemies of everyone else. Like Yes-man in New Vegas.
>>
>>319998912
Well shit. Thanks Bethesda.
>>
>>319998912
I doubt this would work, but what if I built a small shack around each person? Would they just teleport out when I left?
>>
>>319999031
I doubt their position is saved. Maybe if you make the shacks a bit bigger and place a bed and a plant in there, you could just assign those to them, and they always spawn inside the shack when you return.
>>
>>319999149
I will keep this in mind. I'm going to set Ol' Mama Murphy on the outskirts of Auschwitz. Right outside of the gates so she can hopefully get attacked. Fuck her and her stupid chair.
>>
Why the fuck would they put fucking magic future sight in fallout? Stupid fantasy shit
>>
>>319999769
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Psyker
>>
>>319998654
Well, I liked the ammo weight thing in NV. It didn't penalise you directly but made you really think about your loadout. Indirectly making it harder to face every single situation with effective weapons.
>>
>>319984528
This is how the meetings at Bethesda go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49I390Uom5k
>>
>>319999769
In Fallout 1 the Master had psychic powers
>>
TINKER TINKER TINKER

STRONG BORED
>>
I WANT TO FUCK MARCY RIGHT IN FRONT OF JUN AND IMPREGNATE HER
>>
>>319999769
>He doesnt remember the creepy shaman from fallout 2
>>
>>319992821
And then you get locked in a fucking room until you reload. What was bethesda even thinking with that?
>>
>get cannibal perk just to roleplay
>every companion but Strong and Dogmeat dislike it
What a waste.
>>
>>319993720
>AND Marcy will not only hate you for being you, but also for allowing Mama Murphy to get chems to OD on, so she will shit talk you even more

This shit fucking kills me in this game. If a woman doesn't shut her mouth and keeps bitching at someone in an environment where there aren't 10,000 cops to come to the rescue of the damsel in distress, the woman is going to get put in her place.

But it's a bethesda game. So of course she's invincible, because it's misogyny to attack female named NPCs.
>>
>>320003119

I just did it last night on my BoS character. As soon as I said I'd give the institute a chance, I was able to walk around again. Pulled out my shotgun and blew his head off. The whole place went aggro, pulled out my laser gatling gun, and just went to town.
>>
>>320004460
>because it's misogyny to attack female named NPCs.
Completely unrelated for christ sake. Stop bringing this shit up.
Her being invincible is probably related to not letting the player pissing the Minutemen off since then you're stuck and the main quest may become impossible to finish since the other factions are so easy to piss off. You can kill Desdemona just fine.
>>
>>319984685
>he didn't build the work bell and put her lazy ass to work
>>
File: Forecaster.jpg (163 KB, 800x571) Image search: [Google]
Forecaster.jpg
163 KB, 800x571
>>319984950

>I hate "seers" in general
>>
>>319984501
She offers a service for a price. Welcome to real life kiddo
>>
>>320005672
I hated the forecaster too.
Obsidian doesn't do them any better
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.