[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Umihara Kawase trilogy and Code of Princess developer Agatsu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Agatsuma-Shuts-Down.jpg (78 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Agatsuma-Shuts-Down.jpg
78 KB, 600x338
Umihara Kawase trilogy and Code of Princess developer Agatsuma Entertainment is shutting its doors, the company announced.

In a press release, Agatsuma said that because administrative conditions have deteriorated, it has become difficult to guarantee that its games business can generate earnings. As such, to strengthen the corporate group’s earning power and enable it to continue to grow, said subsidiary will either be disbanded and liquidated.

The company is disbanded as of today, December 11, and will complete liquidation on March 31, 2016.

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/agatsuma-entertainment-shuts-down
>>
That's a shame. Code of Princess was a nice, if flawed game. It would've been nice to see what they could've done with a sequel.
>>
So if you're interested you should probably pick up the steam games soon before they get pulled?
>>
>>319981604
They don't get pulled, that's what liquidation is about.

Somebody will still get the money out of every sale.
>>
>>319980972
Nothing of value was lost
>>
but I bought Sayonara Umihara on Steam.

THIS WASNT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN
>>
>>319980972
Wait, I thought CoP was getting a PC port.

No. ;_;
>>
So that Code of Princess PC port in the SteamDB leak probably won't be happening eh? That's too bad. Have all the Umihara Kawase games already but it would suck if they got pulled, they're really fun games.
>>
File: 1421403869453.png (405 KB, 600x645) Image search: [Google]
1421403869453.png
405 KB, 600x645
that sucks
>>
i'm glad i got the DS version of umihara kawase with the first two games plus the remake. it was around 40 bucks
>>
>>319982598
>im glad I got the worst version of the game

why
>>
>>319980972

And people say that steam ports aren't an act of desperation. RIP, I guess sayonara really was sayonara.
>>
Does it really happen that games get pulled out of steam for this reason?

I was waiting for the winter sales.
>>
>>319982659
PSP version isn't better.
>>
>>319982862

Yep, this isn't the first time bankruptcy has resulted in valve pulling games. I remember breach in particular. The game was broken on launch, never patched, and atomic declared bankruptcy within a month or two. Game was pulled during the dark days of steam so nobody got refunds either. At least it was only $15.
>>
>>319982969
Vita Sayonara > 3ds
>>
File: 107266_front.jpg (50 KB, 640x595) Image search: [Google]
107266_front.jpg
50 KB, 640x595
>>319983049
no, not that one. this one. i also have sayonara
>>
>>319980972

Please stop spreading misinformation. The Umihara Kawase series was developed by Studio Saizensen who are still alive and well. Agatsuma was only the publisher.
>>
>Umihara Kawase trilogy
They only made Sayonara
>>
>>319983678

>he doesn't know how development works

A developer without a publisher is like platinum, code monkeys who can't copyright their own games and can't self publish either. You need money to develop.
>>
>>319980972
Well shit, I'd better grab the games while I still can.
>>
>>319983818
exactly why devs move onto different publishers. even with that said, i think they're just going to stop making umihara kawase games.the "sayonara" in the title is literal
>>
>>319983818
Platinum didnt get their shit published by Sega anymore and they still made Bayonetta 2.

You dont know how development works.

>>319984178
It was supposed to be the last game.
>>
>>319980972
>All the Umihara Kawase games are localized
>Sayonara is the last of the series
>I have them all

I don't care if anybody else plays these games, in fact, I prefer it that way. Fuck trying to convince people to support the developers or any of that nonsense, I got what I wanted.

[/spoiler]I'm finally free.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.