[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (280 KB, 1800x1020) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280 KB, 1800x1020
Is this a good game?
>>
dunno what it is but probably it's gay
>>
>>319980383
Depends? Is this a good thread?
>>
>early access
>crafting
>survival
>dinosaurs
>on the front page

I'm not going to tell you what conclusions to draw, but I think you can make a pretty educated guess as to the quality of the product.
>>
>>319980558
At least the grill is qt.
>>
>>319980383
Yes and I hate it. I put too much time into this, and I'm not even playing it online. (cba to deal with the playerbase and griefers) My long time raptor friend died to an alpha two days ago and I still havn't got over it.
>>
I want to fuck a raptor
>>
File: 1449376301668.jpg (183 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1449376301668.jpg
183 KB, 1600x900
>>319980383
It looks nice enough.
>>
File: 1244312260516.jpg (6 KB, 252x252) Image search: [Google]
1244312260516.jpg
6 KB, 252x252
>>319980383
frogs confirmed for best mount
>>
Devs pay people to stream this game regularly

it's probably shit based just on that
>>
>>319980797

post the rest.
>>
>>319980383
its a fucking great game OP but it is currently unplayable due to the insane amount of chinese hackers.
they ruin fucking everything. every big tribe on our server got wiped out despite it being 5 on 1 against them due to their hacks, and even though everyone emailed the devs and some even sent video evidence, after 2 months they still were not banned and by then the server was empty due to everyone leaving after their shit got destroyed.
they also build foundations everywhere blocking off resource spawns and building areas, and if they see you near them they kill you and all your dinos while yelling their bullshit language over the mic.
and they are on almost every single server so even restarting from level 1 with nothing isnt worth it.

dont get it OP, its a great game but the devs need to step their shit up.
>>
>>319980383
the sheer amount of updates this game releases got me interested it seems like it will actually come out of beta at least

they also fixed the game so you can play it at more than 15fps which is nice
>>
>>319981435
>he doesn't play on a private server with friends
>>
>>319980383

As someone who's actually played it and not just dismissed it because it's early access, yes, it's fucking great.

Devs are constantly adding new content. New creatures are being added all the time and they're always tweaking it to run better. The game gets a ton of attention from them and they are clearly working towards a finished product.
>>
>>319981368
Don't have it i'm afraid.
>>
Never has a game triggered my fear of deep water quite so badly
https://youtu.be/wvv-GEHjTv8?t=1245
HAH reCaptcha was 'click bodies of water'
>>
File: 1341510853425.jpg (260 KB, 900x1344) Image search: [Google]
1341510853425.jpg
260 KB, 900x1344
>>319982365
fuck, I don't think the time link worked, it's at the 20 min mark
>>
>>319982365
Fuck, I want this game but I dont know how well it will run and I have already returned like 20 games on steam.
>>
>>319980383
It's great but it's like the MMORPG of survival games. It's so grindy it will consume your life. If you want to tame a really good high level dinosaur you have to sit there and protect it from other wild dinos and hostile players for up to 10 hours. As in, you cannot leave your chair for the whole 10 hours or you risk losing your tame. You can craft food to make the taming times much faster but the grind to get the materials you need will take longer than 10 hours. It's insane. You can also breed dinosaurs if you're prepared to dedicate an equal amount of time.

Always play on an unofficial server with highly increased gathering/taming/experience rates.

Also be prepared for lots of salt and assholes who will either kill you on sight or knock you out, drag you into an inescapable box and keep you as a slave.

Other than that, great game.
>>
>>319981661
Can you play as a dinosaur or are you stuck as a caveman?

I just want a game where you can play a goddamn dinosaur.
>>
>>319982954
>knock you out, drag you into an inescapable box and keep you as a slave.
Sounds really hot.
>>
>>319981529
>friends
so this is the type of game that attracts shitters
>>
File: ASF.png (47 KB, 651x766) Image search: [Google]
ASF.png
47 KB, 651x766
Anyone have an idea on how well this will run? I wish it had recommended specs.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.