[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are Obsidian, and you want to create a new Fallout game using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: fallout_new_vegas.jpg (90 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
fallout_new_vegas.jpg
90 KB, 854x480
You are Obsidian, and you want to create a new Fallout game using the Creation engine similar to New Vegas after FO3.

Where would it set?

What would the story be?

What aspects from the Obsidian/Interplay games would you reintroduce into the Creation Engine?

What recurring storyline aspect from FO4 would you like to see return in your game?
>>
>>319979558
>creation engine

You mean gamebryo right?
>>
>>319979558
I'd want it to take place in the woodland area of Seattle/Portland. Lot of Twin Peaks vibes. Mutated sasquatch somewhere. One of those cities is the main city on the map. Beyond that I'm not sure.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 238x274) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 238x274
>>319979558
I would remake the originals ...i would give my first born son to have the originals remade
>>
>>319979770
That would be pretty sweet actually.
I wonder why they don't do that. I imagine plenty of people would be interested. And if Bethesda did it, they could really still be pretty lazy as usual and still do a good job since all the material is written for them.
>>
>>319979770
Some guy is remaking Fallout using NV assets. Google "Fallout The Story"
>>
File: Panorama_of_Quebec_City.jpg (1 MB, 3888x1326) Image search: [Google]
Panorama_of_Quebec_City.jpg
1 MB, 3888x1326
>>319979558

OP here, here's my take:

>Where would it set?

The border between the Commonwealth and Quebec, formerly known as "The Quebecois Commonwealth" during American rule of Canada.

Pic related looks like a Fallout setting during Winter.

>What would the story be?

You are a newspaper journalist for Diamond City's Publick Occurences tasked to cover the war between Mounties (Canadian Enclave), The Quebec Republic (Quebec separatists inspired by the NCR) and the Brotherhood of Steel. However, you've gained information that belongs to Quebec's greatest gang, Les Racailles.

Whilst leaving Quebec for the Commonwealth, They kidnapped you, stole your information and left you for dead. You were revived by an aboriginal shaman and it's up to you to regain the information or change the fate of Quebec

(Basically New Vegas but in French)

>What aspects from the Obsidian/Interplay games would you reintroduce into the Creation Engine?

Bring back alliances between major and minor factions. I want to align a gang like "The Godards" with the Quebec Republic or something. It also helps with the settlement building aspects from FO4.

>What recurring storyline aspect from FO4 would you like to see return in your game?

Settlement building of course.
>>
>>319979953
Yeah plus they dont have to build a huge open world just smaller maps so they can make the town/city's from 1&2 bigger and add more random encounters
>>
Do you people ever get tired of these Fallout Fanfiction threads? I swear to god they've been going nonstop for at least 3 years before F4 was announced.
>>
>>319980619

Most fanfiction threads are still better than the actual game.

I mean, Bethesda even hired people who mod their shitty games.
>>
File: qeXRvlR.jpg (681 KB, 3456x1944) Image search: [Google]
qeXRvlR.jpg
681 KB, 3456x1944
>>319979558
No idea but I would make it isometric.
http://imgur.com/a/h1jF3#qeXRvlR

Needs to be dezoomed.
>>
>>319980154
>Mounties
>other factions build them up as weak willed sons of bitches who apologize a lot
>end up being the most hardcore faction in the game, surviving in the snowy wilderness, hunting, and being guerilla masters
>>
>>319979558
Fallout: Caravan

You either start or come into the ownership of a small trading company and the goal of the game is to become big enough to compete with the big companies, also maybe some big threat that you fight with caravan resources can be a main story thread.

The SPECIAL system would still be in place so that a combat character can protect their stuff, strongarm competition and get cool stuff from exploration while an int/cha character can thrive through business/management.

If Fallout 4 introduced Minecraft elements why not try Mount & Blade next? The idea of building up from scratch suits the post-apocalyptic setting and a caravan focus would feel much more Fallout than multiple shitty settlements to build up for Preston. I could actually see the settlement building working fine with caravans though, you could build up a HQ and then outposts.
>>
File: 1427910903856.gif (569 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
1427910903856.gif
569 KB, 640x636
500 posts of butthurt euros bitching about why the next fallout should be in europe incoming

never ever
>>
>>319981364
That would be good as mobile game, really.
>>
>>319981396
>not wanting the latest dank kraut magic weapons
>>
>>319981404
It could function as a scam game or a real game. You could have real time travel and construction which you can speed up by buying Highwayman fuel or tools or something or you could easily avoid that.
>>
File: Quebec_City_Funiculaire.jpg (627 KB, 1632x1232) Image search: [Google]
Quebec_City_Funiculaire.jpg
627 KB, 1632x1232
>>319981202

Well, in backstory The Mounties are the Canadian offshoot of The Enclave based in Alberta trying to regain control of Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal whereas the Quebec Republic wants to create its own country with Quebec City as its capital.

The Brotherhood of Steel wants to gain all the resources from "The Laval", a mysterious society of French Canadian scientists located beneath Laval University.

There's also a subplot about the Quebec Republic wanting to accept Ghouls. Some say all ghouls should be accepted into the Republic, whereas some others want to accept only French-speaking ghouls and kick out all Anglophone ghouls and some wants to eradicate ALL the ghouls.

Also imagine pic related but with checkpoints and troops vs. raiders and super mutants (LES HUMAINES SONT BETES!!!).
>>
>>319981396

Bethesda has AccessGames.

It's not impossible. Hell, give those Metro 2033 guys the Creation engine and see what they can come up with.
>>
>>319980020
that looks cool
>>
Florida or New Orleans
Mutant gators and shit.
Some more of what we saw in Point Lookout.
Minor voodoo stuff.
Power Armor is rarer and Brotherhood presence is low because trekking those through swampland is a tad difficult.
Swamp ghouls that blend in with the mud.
Mutant spiders?
>>
>>319980861
>I mean, Bethesda even hired people who mod their shitty games.
So did CDPR, and Obsidian basically ripped 90% of the "improvements" made to NV from mods.
>>
Fallout: A.F.R.I.C.A.

The blobongos and the congonians have become the two major tribes after the great war. But you are the son/daughter(and wife) of Dudu Oson, the great warrior; the destiny of your people is im your hands to decide which clan you will follow. Be wary of the brotherhood of stone, for they have technology far more advanced than your mineral collection!
>>
>>319984137
I'd join the New-Rhodesia Republic.
>>
Probably set it in a national park like yellow stone. Make small towns of about 6 lodges with watch towers and shit. You can make your own lodging camp of the 6 houses and choose a faction from the goodies, guys with a goal and don't give a shit about anything else, independent or with raiders.
>>
> setting
In between Canada and Alaska.

> character
Someone entwined into the games world that's not a vault dweller or strongly affiliated with any factions.

> main quest line
You're a member of a small settlement. Something goes wrong with the town, and they select you to go out on a quest to find a way to fix it. It'll be in the vain of the first fallouts, while keeping you're character just about as minimal as the courier was, making role playing a lot easier to do then Bethesda's fallouts.

> improvements
Larger variety of weapons and armors

Many more customization options to your power armor

You have to unlock fast travel by doing a quest to repair a pre war car. Just like getting the Lord vessel in dark souls

We "devolve" back to more then 4 dialogue options, no voiced protag, and no cinematic camera during convos

you get an optional setting where you can go from the new minimal look of the hud, to a new version of the mechanical pipboy hud from the first couple fallouts, similar to the fp power armor hud from f4

Areas are more spread out, similar to fallout 3's world.

A little less then a quarter of the map is made up of a big ruined city. Similar to the one in the capital wasteland, but with big ruined skyscrapers with all kinds of bridges, shortcuts, multiple routes in, out, around, under, and over areas. There's an emphasis on being high up on the skyscrapers because of the view and the post war bridges between them, basically giving you a ground level and sky level to the city. City would look similar to the one you see when you zoom out from the TV in the fallout 1 intro.
>>
>>319979558
>Where would it set?
Texas
>What would the story be?
NCR comes in and tries to start running everything but everyone just wants to govern themselves so they start a resistance and you can either help to remain independent but slightly unstable or stable but under NRC law

>What recurring storyline aspect from FO4 would you like to see return in your game?
settlement building
>>
I think some northern wilderness/wasteland hybrid world would be interesting.
Shantytowns and bigger cities here and there but more wilderness overall.
>>
>>319985319
>in between Canada and Alaska

You'd be better off just setting it in Anchorage

There's not a lot of towns in northern B.C., it would be EXTREMELY empty on the Canada side
>>
File: 1447979295557.gif (1 MB, 356x262) Image search: [Google]
1447979295557.gif
1 MB, 356x262
>>319979558
>Where?
Texas
>Story?
Multi-factions, of course. Vault-Dweller that escapes a vault experimenting with giving robotics to humans, pip-boy is literally built into his/her robotic arm, the scar reminding you of Vault-tec's cruel curiosity.
>Brotherhood.
Conflict with the NCR have pushed the Western chapter of the Brotherhood into Texas. Their anti-mutie attitudes and fear of being dominated by the NCR have driven them to look to at little there is of the broken Enclave, adopt, replicate and work with their technology, even adopting some of their ideologies. The protagonist has the option to push them to becoming Enclave 3.0 or sticking to the core Brotherhood tenants.
>NCR
NCR's presence is weak in Texas but they're looking onward after the events at Hoover Dam. Their goal is to bring government to Texas. The Rangers of Texas, much like the rangers in New Vegas, are the NCR's knife to cut into Texas. You join the NCR as a ranger climbing the ranks.
>Raiders/Caesar's Legion.
After the death of Caesar, the legion loses foothold and splits into various raider factions that are ripping Texas apart. One of these raider factions can be taken over by the player, called the "Remnants", lead by a much older Vulpes himself. He's looking for a new Caesar-like personality, the protag could be just what he's seeking.
>Crimson Caravan
This will be the settlement faction, much like the Minutemen, they'll be neutral for the most part. Restoring settlements and creating strong trade routes are their game.

Settlements will be a much larger part of this new Fallout. You capture settlements initially for the Crimson Caravan but as you pick a faction, you put these settlements under the charge of a faction. The stronger a faction is made through planting their flag in settlements, the more building aesthetics and unique faction items/perks/weapons/armor you get from that faction.
>>
File: ron_perlman.jpg (148 KB, 1414x800) Image search: [Google]
ron_perlman.jpg
148 KB, 1414x800
>>319986787
> implying I don't want it to be empty to get that true wasteland atmosphere

> implying you couldn't come up with some reason why there's a big pre war city in the area in the fallout universe.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.