[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions on this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: download (5).jpg (8 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
8 KB, 284x177
Opinions on this game?
>>
The only people who hate The Evil Within are casuals who wanted a generic run and gun third person action game. They didn't take the time to learn the game and understand its intricacies.

I really enjoyed it. (black bars are disabled on both PC and console btw)

>great artstyle and enemy design/variety
>levels are really varied and unique, game constantly changes it up and throws new stuff at you
>tons of ways to approach every situation. You can run past enemies, stealth, use environmental hazards, use a variety of weapons, etc.
>Crossbow and matches add a ton of depth to the gameplay
>Weapons actually feel differentiated and unique rather than simply having different damage values.
>pretty scary and tense
>great challenge. I highly recommend playing through on nightmare or akumu to fully enjoy it

It's a love it or hate it game. Many people just don't put enough time into it to understand its intricacies and enjoy it, they just get frustrated and give up. It has a few old school and somewhat archaic design decisions, but overall, it's a fantastic game. I enjoyed more than any Resident Evil, Dead Space, or Silent Hill game.

If you just don.t give up on it and it's great, and definitely try it on nightmare or akumu. Your gameplay style completely changes on higher difficulties and you realize you were playing it wrong all along.
>>
>tfw no sequel
>>
>>319978786
It's basically Resi4 2.0 so it's pretty good. I really liked the gore system and the physics in the game
>>
>>319978786
first level, hospital had great atmosphere but after that everything was shit
>>
Its like resident evil 4, but worse and came out a decade later.
>>
>>319978786
Divisive, but I'll vote that it's fantastic. Plenty of fun gimmicks and clever ideas, good core concept of mechanics, comfy little hub world too. Give it a shot.
>>
>>319978931
>opinions

here's mine: it was formulaic and boring. no innovations and it did nothing noteworthy to scare or surprise me
>>
does it still run at 30fps on every possible config?

what should i expect from my PC?
7850 2gb
i5 3570k
>>
>>319978786
It's better than re5 and 6. For what that's worth
>>
>>319980357
Fluctuating between the mid to upper 30's to the high 40's no matter what graphics settings you use.It's a horribly optimized game
>>
It's pretty good although the "lol warp to a different location when you're getting somewhere" got annoying at the end. I have yet to play the DLC but it never seems to go on sale on Xbox One.
>>
>>319981101
I couldn't really run it on a 6950, thats when I upgraded to a 970 and now I get 60fps that never drops, I even intentionally tried to make the fps drop by spamming rocket launcher shots and nope. However there was 1 specific short section that caused an fps drop, its just before that sort of horde mode where joseph has to unlock the doors while you defend.
>>
>>319978931
Maybe I'm one of the people who hates it because while it has a great atmosphere it's a nonsensical one tugged along by a cliched plot that it hangs itself on paired with bad enemy AI, actual level design and mediocrity
>>
I want to see a lot improved if it gets a sequel.
>>
I played it but I just couldn't find a good incentive to progress any further. I stopped at the safe head guy because I didn't want to deal with him desu.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.