[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is /v/ gonna buy this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: sony octopus riff.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sony octopus riff.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
Is /v/ gonna buy this?
>>
I'll bite
What is it
>>
>>319966259
virutal reality

im buying it op because it already has games adn exclusives
>>
>>319964473
yes
>>
Yep. Purely for Ace Combat 7.

Been dreaming of VR Ace Combat.
>>
I probably will.
>>
>>319966259
The next small step towards the future
>>
>>319964473
How are they going to get a good enough resolution or frame rate? Will they have to use n64 graphics to make people not vomit?
>>
>>319966363
Can I kiss anime girls with this or is that still a few years off?
>>
Considering the occulus rift has basically become SJW facebook machine, yes I'll be going with Sony for virtual reality this gen.
>>
Yea, most likely. I'll probably get the Vive too. I already have Gear VR for my Note 4.
>>
>>319966710
should be, theres already a beachside dating sim in development for morpheus. this is the japs vr though they will find a way
>>
>>319964473
No. Multiple reasons.

Their PSX demo was atrocious. The games are all blocky trash. The VR market will be fucking garbage exclusivity for years.

Lastly, I don't nor will I ever own a PS4. Fuck Sony and their indoctrinate ways.
>>
>>319964473
>sony
nope
sony hasn't ever, ever, EVER manufactured a product properly for launch. remember launch PS2s and their shitty DVD lasers? or the PS1 with its plastic parts that should have been metal and warped under heat? or the discman that was so sensitive it would skip and scratch your discs if you looked at it funny?

i never had a launch walkman but i'd bet they fucked that up too. let the suckers pay to test son'y beta design before you hop on board.
>>
>>319966837
I'll take twelve
>>
>>319966837
what a time to be alive
>>
>>319966648
N64

It will be niche for shit looking games
>>
>>319967054
I don;t remeber any of that, i bought the ps1,2,3 at launch and havent had any problems like that. Sounds like you got faulty products or you fucked it up.
>>
>>319964473

No, and neither is anyone else.

This is Sony's Kinect, minus the initial success that peripheral had.
>>
>>319966939
>Fuck Sony and their indoctrinate ways.
If you don't mind me asking but why exactly do you dislike Sony? What are these indoctrinate ways you speak of?
>>
>>319967054
their walkmans were some of the highest quality cd players around, they could take a beating and run for years m8. sonys build quality for their consoles/handhelds and devices is usually pretty good also. Its quite strange you've had these experiences lol
>>
File: 1395671275510.jpg (885 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1395671275510.jpg
885 KB, 1920x1200
Yes. I want to be with my husbando.
>>
what is that on the back? some kinda dildo?
>>
File: Robinson.jpg (502 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Robinson.jpg
502 KB, 1920x1080
It'll be the same like this current generation of consoles.

PC kucks will get multiplats
Morephus will get exclusives + multiplat

It's already secured Cryteks VR game, Ace Combat 7 and is funding numerous other developments.

If you want to go down the PC path you know exactly what's ahead of you. Multiplats and nothing else.

If you;re interested in games you go for morephus
>>
>>319966648
Looks like they are using something similar to time warp to double the framerate from 60Hz to 120Hz.

So if they can run the game at 60Hz they just fill in extra frames before the next render by grabing the last render and filling in a rotated image based on your head position before the next frame arrives from the APU.

They will have to drop a few settings to get stable 60fps.

Resolution per eye on the playstationVR sounds horrible though, 1920x1080 panel so that is 960x540 per eye

I'd rather go with oculus or HTC vive, they boast 90Hz refresh rate 2160x1200 so 1080x1200 per eye. A capable rig will be able to provide 90Hz at that resolution.

Still not great but miles ahead of PSVR. PS4 doesn't have enough grunt for a decent VR experience. Perhaps the next generation of consoles with GTX980/R9 390X level of performance.

Even with oculus or vive the resolution isn't that great, 2k per eye would have been nice but then it would be pretty fucking difficult to achieve 90Hz without resorting to crossfire/SLI with 980Ti or furyX. Even then you might fall a bit short of 90Hz.
>>
>>319967253
tons of people had those problems. my PS1 was actually okay but many others weren't.

>>319967464
walkmans don't play CDs, they play audio tapes. the discman was EVENTUALLY one of the best CD players, but at launch they had literally zero anti-skip, you couldn't hold it flat and slowly pick it up without skips and scratches. think xbox 360. a lot of people in my neighborhood would make smaller discs out of cardboard and put them on top of the CD to help keep it stable.
>>
>>319967791
>960x540
meant 960x1080, don't know how they've configured their display.

Are they using a single 1080 panel split in half?
>>
>>319967380

He means they tend to try to indoctrinate the masses into thinking their hardware is cutting edge and great with bullshots, lies and hashtags when it in fact isn't. They also managed to get their users to shill and take paid online up the ass.

Their VR is next in line which will in fact be underpowered and cruddy save for a few niche stuff that won't make it worth the price. VR is too early in its life to be on a shitty weak console but sony fears it will lose ground to the pc so they tried forcing it

Sonykeks will try defending the shit vr but given how the games look it will be a massive failure
>>
>>319967380
Not him but seeing as they use social engineering on a massive scale and have done worse than even fucking M$ with the spying (CD rootkits + spying on all psn communications are just 2 of the issues) and they've patented "the interactive ad" which INTERRUPTS your game to play an ad but will end sooner if you repeat the ads tagline.
>>
>>319968064
I can only assume performance is a non problem just like with consoles and PC, plenty find don't problem with 30 fps and enjoy the games on the console and the only ones are visibly affected by fps are the people who use PC's. I mean if its cheaper, nets more games and offers performance that is acceptable and allows people to enjoy the games then I don't see a problem.

>He means they tend to try to indoctrinate the masses into thinking their hardware is cutting edge and great with bullshots, lies and hashtags when it in fact isn't. They also managed to get their users to shill and take paid online up the ass.

Hyperbolic bullshit.

>but given how the games look it will be a massive failure
We'll have to see honestly.
>>
>>319968243
didnt that rootkit thing happen in 2005? the ad thing sounds fucked up but every company has dirty shit in their past
>>
>>319968243
I dropped PS the moment they announced mandatory PS+ subscription for online play. They don't even host their own god damn dedicated servers. And I don't care about renting games.

Good thing I didn't get a PS4. Rather spend that extra money on my PC.
>>
>>319968550

VR isn't something that will work with 30-60 fps and no amount of blurring will make it believable without making you vomit or giving you a migraine

Even that Sony presentation said 90 fps is the goal and you can imagine how those games will look

Either way we will see
>>
File: AnHeroWOOF.jpg (31 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
AnHeroWOOF.jpg
31 KB, 500x304
>>319964473
If there's a way that it works with any game, something like what FF14 will be doing, then yeah.

I'm not a big fan of AceCombat, otherwise I'd get it day one. Just waiting for more games on it
>>
File: SummerLesson.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SummerLesson.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
ITT Sony haters who don't even own a PS4 and won't ever buy one won't be getting morpheus

WEW, don't you say lads. I wouldn't have guessed. thanks for you feedback, very insightful.

I also won't be getting a seat heater for my non-car, in case you were wondering. Just making sure you knew that. It was very pertinent.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.