[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How strong are the analogue sticks on newer models of the DS4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85 KB, 1582x890) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85 KB, 1582x890
How strong are the analogue sticks on newer models of the DS4?
>>
>>319961023

I'm not sure, but I'm getting that controller in the mail soon. I'm excited because I'm someone that foolishly spends money.

Can you change the color of the light on the controller, though? I don't like that particular shade of blue.
>>
THEY ARE FUCKING INVINCIBLE
>>
>>319961023
>Bought a DS4 in 2014... rubber on sticks wears off
>Bought a DS4 in 2015... rubber on sticks wear off.
>>
I own the original DS4 controllers and the rubber has worn out completely on two of them.

Got the new ones and they are perfectly fine
>>
>>319961023
my launch DS4 right thumbstick *started* ripping because I was palm-grinding it trying to escape from gorecyclopes in Dragon's Dogma (plugged it into my ps3)

but i stopped doing that and both of my DS4s have been fine ever since
>>
I'm honestly impressed with the durability of the PS4 controller. I autismed on it a couple times and its still working
>>
File: I'm waiting for you, anon.jpg (44 KB, 501x944) Image search: [Google]
I'm waiting for you, anon.jpg
44 KB, 501x944
>>319961184
On the PC you can change color, saturation, brightness and everything in between, as well as designating colors for different modes such as low battery, charging, fully charged, etc

On the PS4 you can't

>>319961023
Not sure, I have a release day controller but I covered the analogs with a kontrolFreek-like thingy that cost 3€ so they might be as good as new.
>>
File: 1351130361177.gif (87 KB, 209x172) Image search: [Google]
1351130361177.gif
87 KB, 209x172
Had mine for about 4 months and still no tearing, pretty much brand new. I've been playing Rocket League, GTA V, and Advanced Warfare so I definitely put them under some stress.
>>
I've had mine since June. The sticks are fine. I accidently knocked mine off my desk twice which is something that never usually happens to me. So the touch pad feels a little bit funky and loose but otherwise it all works fine.
>>
>>319961023
where can I get that controller
>>
the rubber comes off if you even look at it
>>
Bought a used ps4/controller. Controller already had cuts in the rubber when I got it. After a few weeks of use, its starting to slide off.

Its teetering dangerously close to "here's your controller, bro" territory.

My Xbone controller, on the other hand, is fucking sex. If only MS could make consoles as good as they make controllers.
>>
>>319963704
It only came with the special anniversary edition PS4 thats gray like a PS1.
>>
>>319963704
>>319963830
They're all over the UK, Cheapest one I found boxed was £52
>>
>>319963830
http://www.amazon.com/DualShock-Wireless-Controller-PlayStation-Anniversary-4/dp/B00ZSDTIGG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449983973&sr=8-1&keywords=ds4+anniversary
You can buy em if you dont mind paying $15 extra.
>>
>>319961023
I own 4 DS4s, 1 is a launch model, 1 is a black one purchased in may of 2014 and 2 are blue and white models purchased in november 2014. The rubber on the blue and white ones does feel slightly different but honestly I've had no issues with the analog stick rubber on any of them. I've had the PS4 for ~2 years and have played it a lot.
>>
Depends on the person.

My bro blows through DS4 controllers like crazy. He's on his 3rd controller. Both his rubbers wore off. Mine are still in tact without a trace of wear. Same launch DS4.
>>
File: 1405205826468.gif (2 MB, 875x573) Image search: [Google]
1405205826468.gif
2 MB, 875x573
>>319961023
>>
>>319961023
I've had my ps4 for a year now moderate play. Both controllers are absolutely fine. But my friend bought a ps4 like three months after I did and all four of his controllers have ducked up worn off rubber on the sticks. He has loads of people over a lot and we play a shithole of fifa.

But yeah, both of my controllers are perfect so far, a year and counting.
>>
File: thumbgrips.png (118 KB, 466x527) Image search: [Google]
thumbgrips.png
118 KB, 466x527
>people buying new controllers when the rubber starts to wear off
Just slap some cheap thumb grips on and the controller is good as new. Won't cost you much more than a can of coke.
>>
>>319964543
I think some people just play more rough than others

I platinumed Bloodborne on my controller and there is no peeling rubber.
>>
>>319964349
I wanna see that with nintendo also it skips the sixaxsis
>>
Rubber durability depends on how big your hands are.

If theyre large enough to stay flat on the tops of the sticks, they last pretty long.

People that have smaller/medium hands often push the stick from the sides, causing them to wear out FAST. Especially if you bring fingernails into the equation.
>>
File: Better-Dual-Analog[1].jpg (71 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
Better-Dual-Analog[1].jpg
71 KB, 640x426
>>319965071

It also skips the dual analog controller, which came before the dualshock, and had concave sticks.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.