[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished TitS SC. It was ok. Who hype for Cold Steel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: TitSSC_Box_JP.jpg (38 KB, 300x514) Image search: [Google]
TitSSC_Box_JP.jpg
38 KB, 300x514
Just finished TitS SC. It was ok.

Who hype for Cold Steel?
>>
>>319955236

>It was OK

Man fuck you, that ending was great.

>all those Spanish opera tier face slapping actually having good execution to make drama
>that Olivier gambit and his reveal as crowned prince of Erebonia
>that Walter vs Zane
>that Joshua vs Loewe and brohug
>that Loewe ;-;
>pic related

Shits the best JRPG in terms of character and drama I've played since ps1
>>
>>319955591
>Man fuck you, that ending was great.
Not really, and even if it was did you forget the whole rest of the game? Chapters 1-5 are replaying FC. 6-9 are crap. Also the gameplay is exactly the same as FC, meaning it's still exceedingly average.

>Shits the best JRPG in terms of character and drama I've played since ps1
Can't say the same, but I do agree it's very much like a PS1 rpg.
>>
File: 23343443.jpg (107 KB, 539x800) Image search: [Google]
23343443.jpg
107 KB, 539x800
>>319955236
>Who hype for Cold Steel?
What do you want most out it?
>>
Thinking of preordering cold steel. Is it a full on jrpg with towns and all that?
>>
>>319956770

Chapter 3 was good though. You can see the twist from a mile away sure, but it was still great seeing Estelle's face when Renne revealed herself

Chapter 4 introduced a very heartwarming and bittersweet scene about Estelle and her mom. The chapter also had a hilarious Antoine sidequest to balance the drama.

Chapter 5 was also pretty good sincebit revealed a lot about Agate's backstory, and seeing him get his shit rekt by Loewe

Chapter 6-7 was both exciting and heartwarming. You had to infiltrate Ouroboros HQ and reunite with Joshua

Finale was a culmination of everything and it wrapped up nicely
>>
>>319956928
Another traditional no-frills rpg like both TitS games.
>>
>>319956770
I think you just have shit taste.
>>
>>319957101
Yes, but all the main party members are shit.
>>
>>319957158
That's all story bits though. Gameplay-wise, the latter chapters really suck. Infiltrating and escaping a base? That's okay enough, I guess. There was zero pay off as to Joshua's return though. 7 was teleporting you to each tower, going through 3 or 4 screens, facing the boss then going to the next. 8 let you free roam a world you'd already been through twice by now, with each city accompanied by the same obnoxious "sad" music and a total of zero new areas to explore. 9's a big dungeon with an assload of backtracking if you want to switch party members because? I honestly don't know. Your "base" in the final dungeon of FC gradually caught up with you allowing you to change up your party and shit. I guess Falcom decided backtracking: the game needed even more backtracking?
>>
>>319957342
>I think you just have shit taste.
How so? Vanilla as their gameplay may be, and predictable as the story/characters are I still enjoyed SC and am looking forward to future games in the series.
>>
>>319958207
Chatpers 1-5 don't resemble anything in FC and 6-9 are some of the best in the genre.
>>
File: 2015-12-01-192242.jpg (110 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-01-192242.jpg
110 KB, 960x544
>>319955236

You're hyped for FC 2.0 with worse characters?
>>
>>319957839
>There was zero pay off as to Joshua's return though
Did you even fucking play the game? That's one of the most heartwarming scenes in videogames.
>I guess Falcom decided backtracking: the game needed even more backtracking?
Nah, I think they just assumed people wouldn't be so retarded as to miss the teleporters right next to each boss that bring you back to the bottom of the tower.
>>
>>319957192
>Another traditional no-frills rpg like both TitS games.
lol
better go home son

it's closer to a nep RPG
>>
>>319958430
>Did you even fucking play the game? That's one of the most heartwarming scenes in videogames.
Yes, my save file says I've played it for just over 76 hours.

>Nah, I think they just assumed people wouldn't be so retarded as to miss the teleporters right next to each boss that bring you back to the bottom of the tower.
Teleport, exit tower, exit tower entrance screen, a long path back the to lift, sit through scenes of the tram taking you back to the park area, down the lift, screen transitition, back to your ship in which some or none of your party members are hanging around outside of. If not, you must enter ship and look for one. THEN YOU HAVE TO DO ALL YOU JUST DID EXCEPT IN REVERSE. Let me tell you, the payoff for bringing the "right" members to each Enforcer fight was not worth it.
>>
>>319957839

>0 payoff to Joshua's return

Did you actually pay attention to the story? That scene was strong as fuck. It was the first time he felt real emotion again since his sister died. Estelle responded in the most sincere way possible, by hugging him. No overly cheesy declaration of love, it was direct to the point.
>>
>>319959183

>not worth it

Only Renne's and Bleublanc weren't worth it, but did you honestly believe Walter and Luci's were worth it? Those were heavy parts, and Zane's closure was cool
>>
>>319959183
That's about a minute of walking round trip, if that.
>>
>>319959271
Of course there was no declaration of love, they'd done that in the first game after all.

>>319959435
>but did you honestly believe Walter and Luci's were worth it?
Absolutely not worth it. Luci was pure filler simply to give another "main character" a rival. Walter and Zane's story was braindead obvious from the getgo. Hell, I'd say all of them were. Whenever the badguy is like "I'll tell you the full story at some point!" the full story is going to pretty much be exactly what you expect. That's the entire games story and characters in a nutshell. What you see is what you get. I'm not saying it's a fault, just that it's not outstanding as some people would make it out to be.
>>
This game had some damn fine art made for it after the fact.

Would buy again
>>
>>319959871
So is there anything didn't like about SC OP?

Besides reusing areas and such.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.