[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to buy a mechanical keyboard and I was thinking about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 36
I want to buy a mechanical keyboard and I was thinking about the razer Blackwidow Chroma but 170$ feels like too expensive.

Anyone has any recomendations about mechanical keyboards?
>>
File: 1444214277098.jpg (135 KB, 516x516) Image search: [Google]
1444214277098.jpg
135 KB, 516x516
>>319954782
>I want to buy a mechanical keyboard
>>
>>319954782
its a shit keyboard

get this instead

there are tens of references on the /g/ mechanical keyboard threads

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201083&cm_re=rosewill_keyboard_browns-_-23-201-083-_-Product

Fuck that fake ass gaymer shit blackcock razer edgy garbage
>>
Razer keyboards are trash.
Hint: Don't buy anything that markets itself as a "gamer" keyboard, that's all marketing and the price is jacked up with fluff you don't need.

Just look for a basic mech that has everything you need.
>>
elitekeyboards.com

go with a topre, thank me later.
>>
>>319954782
Then get a fucking mechanical keyboard and dont waste an extra $100 on stupid lit-up key bullshit.

Look at the Corsair keyboards (K70?) and the Quickfire Rapid Pro.

Names are vague
>>
>>319955005
>/g/ knowing shit about anything.
>>
>>319955109
My problem is I'm spanish so I kinda need the "ñ" "ç" keys
>>
>>319955126
>tons of guides that have the keyboards down to a fucking science, what to and what not to get, what switches you want for what purpose
>they don't know shit
>>
File: upset lelbron.jpg (72 KB, 356x345) Image search: [Google]
upset lelbron.jpg
72 KB, 356x345
I don't get the blackwidow hate. Mine's held up perfectly, don't really understand what else you'd want in a keyboard
>>
>>319955734
Because
>Razer

My friend blew $lods on one of those, and the arrow keys were nearly DOA with horrible contact issues out of the box. Better quality mechanicals can be had for much less, unless you can't live without epic backlighting effects that you turn off for a solid blue anyway
>>
>>319954782
I have a non illuminated black widow and it survived me accidentally spilling a whole bowl of ramen noodles on it.
>>
Id suggest you a 10less-keyboard with cherry mx brown switches.
>>
>>319956065
>cherry mx brown
I never understood why you guys have these names for keyboards.

All I can think of when I see cherry mx brown switches is pic related.
>>
>>319956275
>I never understood why you guys have these names for keyboards.

Its the type of switches that the keyboard its using, google it or something.
>>
>>319956275
it's the difference between being able to work at night and waking everyone up with loud clacking sounds. It's not some aesthetic geek shit, anybody who has the least bit of knowledge about keyboards knows about switches. do you browse 4chan on a chiclet mac keyboard or something?
>>
>>319955734
Its overpriced for what you get
>>
>>319956275
Cherry is the brand
>>
>>319954782
Mechanical keyboards are a huge waste. An even bigger meme than SSDs to be honest. Still, if you have more money than sense then by all means, but a decent mechanical keyboard costs about $100, and while it feels nicer than a rubber dome I still don't think the price is justified.
>>
I use Filco ten key less cherry red.

No complaints. Will never buy a different keyboard.
>>
>>319957443
They aren't a huge waste, switches are superior to rubber domes in every single way. Rubber domes are not consistent, responsive or fluid and the membranes wear away quickly. There is a reason why mechanical keyboards are staples in gaming set ups
>>
>>319955005
>-_-
fuck off
>>
>>319957443
What makes you think that SSD's are a meme?
>>
>>319956275
Cherry is the name of the company that manufacturers the switches used by most mechanical keyboard makers, MX is the model name and the color is the manufacturer's way of refering to the different physical characteristics of the switch. For example, the brown-colored switches have a light actuation force and a subtle tactile "bump" around the point of activation
>>
I'm using the blackwidow with not LED and it's nice. Turning off the green logo and the blackwidow looks like one of those Lenovo keyboards you see in banks. I like it, really.
>>
>>319957645
what
>>
>>319957567
They don't offer any advantage whatsoever. I had a Dell rubber dome that came with my prebuilt I bought in 2006 that worked fine until a few months ago. I'm using a Steelseries keyboard with black switches and while I do like the feel, I do not feel that the product justifies the price I paid ($75). If someone's on a budget I definitely would NOT recommend a mechanical keyboard, and instead would recommend the person to spend that money towards a better GPU or something.
>>
>>319957948
>They don't offer any advantage whatsoever.
>consistency
>responsiveness
>a control over how hard, stiff or the actuation force of your key press can be

I literally named you 3-4 ways they were better and advantageous and you flat out ignored them and said "there are no advantages"
>>
>>319955297
the Razer keyboard doesn't have dedicated ñ and ç keys either, as that can be easily configurable through your operating system.
>>
>>319958058
>consistency
How are rubber domes not consistent?
>responsiveness
How are rubber domes not responsive? They react to every keystroke.
>a control over how hard, stiff or the actuation force of your key press can be
Can you name me a PC game where pressing a key doesn't simply act as pressed/not pressed? No keyboard has pressurized keys where it reacts based on how hard you press. You can't control character speed in games like you can with a controller's analog sticks, for example.
>>
>>319958058
not him, but what do you mean by consistency?
>>
>>319954782
I prefer the Corsair K70. They have a comparable RGB model if you want the lighting options like the Chroma, and the switches are not knock-off Cherry Blues like what's in the Chroma. Also, the cable is a lot sturdier, and the passthrough is very handy for a mouse, especially if you use it for a living room setup. I have a K70 with red switches that I adore, but grab a cherry mx test-pad first from amazon if you want to try out as many different switches as possible.
>>
>>>/mkg/
>>
>>319958450
>How are rubber domes not consistent?
because its a rubber membrane, the consistency of a spring actuation with a switch type

a rubber dome relies on whenever your rubber dome will collapse, theres no consistency here since the entry force is so stupidly variable meanwhile when I put 60cN of force onto a cherry Black it will always actuate at that force and not a single feather less will it depress.

The responsiveness chains with the consistency, this creates a unique and fast responsiveness that allows for the fastest ability to type in every situation. There is a reason why gamers prefer the mechanical keyboards, typists prefer the mechanical keyboards, the worlds fastest typists all use mechanical keyboards.
>>
>>319958481
Not that guy, but a mechanical switch will actuate with the exact same level of force(the Chroma is 55 grams if memory serves) over all the keys for a very long time. This creates a smoother typing experience and prevents issues like domes bottoming out and becoming less responsive as the rubber gets less pliable.
>>
>>319958751
>There is a reason why gamers prefer the mechanical keyboards, typists prefer the mechanical keyboards, the worlds fastest typists all use mechanical keyboards.
It's probably because they're hipsters, autists or maybe a little bit of both. They're like movie makers who insist on shooting a movie on film as opposed to digital video.
>>
>>319958450
>Can you name me a PC game where pressing a key doesn't simply act as pressed/not pressed?
when your keys bottom out and you have to make rapid successive hits on the same key or quick oscillations between keys, rubber domes can't keep up and you'll actually miss strokes simply because the rubber dome is too slow, too unresonsive

meanwhile a mechanical keyboard will always go down with the same actuation force and come up with the same spring consistency
>>
>>319958971
nice one you meme loving fuck

>all the mechanical keyboard users are just hipsters and autists

you back pedal so hard you could power a small african village
>>
>there are people who willing buy 10keyless keyboards
Why? Space is not a valid excuse.
>>
>>319959082
How am I back pedalling? I own a mechanical keyboard myself. There is no denying though that they are overpriced for what you are getting, and a $10 membrane keyboard will fulfill 99% of the requirements for 99% of the people. People who insist mechs are the only way to play games/type really do sound like hipster indie movie makers who insist on shooting a movie on 35mm film versus digital video because of "image integrity" or some such bullshit.
>>
>>319959412
>How am I back pedalling?
because you couldn't retort and just said any valid use of a mechanical keyboard was "hipsters, autists or both"

because you couldn't have typed anything else, you backpedaled into one of the shittiest arguments you could find
>>
>>319959412
Not the guy you're replying to, but you sound truly fucking ignorant.
>>
>>319959617
You keep talking about "consistency" and "responsiveness," but coming from someone who used a rubber dome for the past 9 years and recently made the move to mechanical about 4 months ago I do not notice a huge increase in quality. My typing speed did not improve, nor did my gaming skills.
>>
>>319960006
your anecdotes don't prove my objective examples of how mechanical keyboards work wrong in any sense.

>my typing speed did not improve
because you're a shit typist who doesn't exceed 60wpm
>nor did my gaming skills

oh so you admit you're a casual user who doesn't reap the benefits of superior hardware

you probably think that buying a shit cheap graphics card is just as good as the bigger better ones because "it doesn't matter I play on low and thats good for me"
>>
>>319959148
Faster transit time/smaller chance of RSI going from keyboard to mouse.
>>
>>319957443
>less heat
>faster boot times
>instant launch times for programs
>faster loading in games
>memes
>>
>>319955097
this this this
>>
File: 1341555610844.jpg (214 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1341555610844.jpg
214 KB, 1600x1600
>>319957443
>putting less strain on your hands is a meme
>being comfortable is a meme
>avoiding RSIs is a meme
>>
>>319956275
>I am so fat
>have you ever been so fat you look at computers and see food?
>>
>>319960460
you got me :^)
>>
>>319954782
Razer, are you retarded? Get Corsair K70 RGB, its same shit but 100$ cheaper.
>>
>>319957556
tenkeyless is the GOAT board size, I want a tenkeyless with browns and pbt caps but they hard to come by

thinking about getting realforce though
>>
>>319960192
Now you're comparing rubber dome vs mechanical to a shit GPU vs a good one? Now I know you're just shitposting. Does your daddy work from Steelseries or something? It is INFINITELY better to spend the money you would have spent on a mechanical keyboard towards a better GPU, than to spend $$ on that keyboard and buy a lesser graphics card.
>>
File: 1444874255983.gif (3 MB, 192x144) Image search: [Google]
1444874255983.gif
3 MB, 192x144
>>319957645
>>
>>319960605
>Now you're comparing rubber dome vs mechanical to a shit GPU vs a good one?
yes because in the comparison I made you prefer an objectively shittier product because "if its good enough for me..." narrative

so now you've run out of shit to say since getting BTFO so you go "hurr ur daddy does your work"
>>
>>319954782
>Bought a blackwidow once.
>There wasn't a wrist rest
And then I took it back and bought a good keyboard.
>>
File: Chaika zoomed.webm (2 MB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Chaika zoomed.webm
2 MB, 960x720
>>319960680
>gif
>>
>>319960717
It's a shit comparison family. Compromising on GPU is infinitely worse than compromising on a good keyboard.

>so now you've run out of shit to say since getting BTFO so you go "hurr ur daddy does your work"
As opposed to calling me a casual or a shit typist? lol okay.
>>
>>319960948
>It's a shit comparison family
it wasn't

>rubber domes are good enough for me why do all these people splurge for a mechanical?
>because x, y, z reasons
>no those are all shit because a rubber dome works for me

>this low end gpu is good enough for me why do all these people splurge for a high end one?
>because a, b, c relative reasons
>NUUUUUUUU this low end works for me
>>
>>319960192
WPM is a meme metric. The only person who needs to type at over 60 WPM is a secretary copying a handwritten letter. If you're a writer, then 60 WPM is probably faster than you can compose your thoughts into prose. If you're a programmer, then that kind of speed is useless because auto completion is both faster and less error prone than typing everything out. The only person who benefits from switches is a gamer, and then you probably only use 10% of the switches you're paying for.
>>
>>319960192
>because you're a shit typist who doesn't exceed 60wpm

Not him, but I average 110 wpm and going from rubber dome to the corsair kgb 70 didn't really improve my typing speed at all.
>>
>>319960948
>As opposed to calling me a casual or a shit typist? lol okay.
because you attempted to relate your anecdote to denounce any reason for anyone to get a superior product

>well typists don't matter because I got a mechanical like they did and my typing speed didn't get any better

your typing speed increases when you yourself attempt to get get better at typing.

>>319961168
>WPM is a meme metric.
you people refer to this shit and call it a meme because you can't figure out why its used as a metric.

>then WPM is probably faster than you can compose your thoughts
people talk at upwards of 160+ words per minute are you dumb?
>>
>>319961191
>my anecdote proves all points incorrect
>>
>>319961097
It is the dumbest comparison you could have made. Skimping on a GPU, arguably the most important component (certainly the one where you should spend the most money on, anyway) will result in not being able to play games as well or at all. Forgoing a $100 mechanical keyboard will not affect you in remotely the same kind of way.

Do you play ASSFAGGOTS and CS:GO a lot, perchance? It might explain some things. I tend to stay away from multiplayer games.
>>
>>319961375
>It is the dumbest comparison you could have made.
says you, and you can't prove my examples validity wrong which I fully reinforced so you just go "it was bad because I said so"

>forgoing a 100 dollar mechanical keyboard will not affect you in remotely the same way
there you go again, using your shit anecdotes to denounce the reason on why people get them.
>>
>>319961472
So if some person is going to build a PC for their first time and has a set budget, you would really tell them that instead of buying, say an R9 380 they should scale down to a R9 370 instead so they can fit a mechanical keyboard into their build? That is beyond retardation.

>there you go again, using your shit anecdotes to denounce the reason on why people get them.
There is no possible way this isn't bait. This coming from a guy who holds mechanical keyboards in such high regard. The hypocrisy is palpable.
>>
>>319961282
Speech is different from writing. Also, you missed an apostrophe. ;)
>>
I would prefer a silent keyboard....Any good ones?
>>
File: IMG_1498.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1498.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I used to keyboard layouts with big Enter, shift and and backspace keys, but all these mechanical keyboards seems to have nothing of the sort. So i bought Levetron Clicker, it uses white alps switches and pain in the ass to clean because of these weird lever things that's hard to get in place once you disassembled them.
>>
>>319961370
You're the one claiming that he was a shit typist.

But I do 110 and I don't feel a difference.

So your claim is unjustified.
>>
File: 124657634356.jpg (34 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
124657634356.jpg
34 KB, 612x380
>>319954782

>170 dollarydoos for a keyboard
>value is 10 dollarydoos at best
>160 dollarydoos for pride colors and razer logo

JUST
>>
File: Untitled.gif (11 KB, 169x116) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.gif
11 KB, 169x116
>>319960845
>webm
>>
>>319961853
It's expensive, but the Apex M800 mechanical is pretty quiet.
>>
>>319962059
It's called stabilizer.
>>
>>319954782
>mechanical kb for gaming
>razer
JUST
>>
>>319954782

get a das, what the fuck r u casul?
>>
>>319955734

Razer mice are pretty good except for the cheap and shitty quality, my wheel button started double clicking after months of use.

Their keyboards aren't bad, but I wouldn't bother with them nowadays they use some chink mx knockoff switches.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (363 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
363 KB, 1600x900
WASD keyboards are supposedly pretty good but they're fucking expensive.

Upside is they're customizable. Strongly tempted to get one myself with pic related as the layout.
>>
Hijacking this thread to ask what's a good headset with mic for gaming? I don't want top of the line stuff, just something with good ear output and a mic that works and doesn't pick up everything.

I've heard the hyper x II is good?
>>
>>319955343
>queers who circle jerk linux for no reason whatsoever
>>
>THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

Press both shift keys and type it /v/, go on. Do it.

QUIC BRO FOX US OVR LAZY DOG
>>
>>319965908
THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG

is that good?
>>
>>319965908
>>
>>319965753
Yeah bro, I'm sure the /b/ level shitposting board with a teen userbase knows more about tech than /g/
>>
>>319965908
HE QUIK BRON FO JUPS OER HE LA DOG
>>
File: 41xk+60EIhL._SY450_.jpg (18 KB, 405x450) Image search: [Google]
41xk+60EIhL._SY450_.jpg
18 KB, 405x450
>>319965690
i have a 40 dollar logitech headset that works perfectly fine. found a pair on amazon that goes for 57 bucks. only complaint really is that the cord is pretty long. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41xk%2B60EIhL._SY450_.jpg if youre interested senpai
>>
File: loli.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
loli.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>319954782
don't by razer

not only are they a shit company spearheading the zionist movement to empty your bank account, but their products are complete garbage tier and can actually do harm to other hardware (like the black widows from 2013 that constantly bluescreened your PC for no reason)

If you insist on a mechanical keyboard here's some advice

>find a good brand
there are tons of good quality brands out there that aren't expensive as shit and have actual quality in their builds (not to mention great customer service to help you if shit breaks or is DOA). WASD, Ducky, Filco, and even Logitech and Corsair

>switchtype
Cherry MX and Khail switches are the ones you need to look for when buying. They're identical in design (except for the material they use for the contact, Cherry is gold, Khail is silver). They're the most common types which mean that most custom keycaps are built for them. if you're purely gaming go Red. If you spend a lot of time typing (like shitposting on /v/) as well as gaming, go with Browns or Clears. If you're a typist who occasionally games, go Blues or Black (but be warned, these are loud). If you're an autist, go either ALPS, Torpe, or Buckling Spring.

>cost.
you should NEVER pay more than $150 for a keyboard, especially a beginning keyboard. There are a ton of great options in the $50-$100 price range, and given the quality of a lot of them, they'll last you for _years_ with no problem.

The only time it's acceptable to go over that price limit is if you're going full autism with an ergodox or some other niche memeshit.

this is my Noppoo Lolita Spyder with brown switched. Paid $60 bucks for it and it's worth every penny.
>>
>>319965908

>>319965690
none. the only thing more stupid than the shitty "gamer" keyboards are headsets.

It's significantly cheaper to buy a good pair of over-ear headphones and a stand alone mic, which offer much better sound quality.
>>
File: foxmeal.jpg (110 KB, 650x798) Image search: [Google]
foxmeal.jpg
110 KB, 650x798
>>319955097
>tfw I have a Novatouch TKL on the way

dis gun be gud.
>>
>>319967665
>It's significantly cheaper to buy a good pair of over-ear headphones and a stand alone mic, which offer much better sound quality.
Too expensive. A gaming headset is often cheaper.
>>
>>319965690

just get the ten dollar logitech ones, if you are not constantly abusing it they last for years
>>
>>319969550
Gaming headset are horrible value. They offer sub-par sound at inflated prices. A price comparable headphone set would sound better and probably last longer as well.
>>
File: 1380318542893.png (721 KB, 873x533) Image search: [Google]
1380318542893.png
721 KB, 873x533
I'm gonna be honest, I bought a mechanical keyboard and it broke after a year (when it's plugged in my computer thinks Ctrl is being held down) and after switching back to my old keyboard I can't say I miss my mechanical one that much. There are probably better things you could spend your money on.
>>
File: 61lmAAYpCvL._SL1500_.jpg (101 KB, 1500x810) Image search: [Google]
61lmAAYpCvL._SL1500_.jpg
101 KB, 1500x810
Am I the only one who can't tell the difference between entry level and "high end" gaming mice/keyboards?

I have a basic 40$ cool master devastator combo, honestly I can't tell the difference between it and my roomates 300$ mouse/keyboard setup and it sure as hell doesn't make me any better at video games.
>>
File: 1448949568493.jpg (17 KB, 498x271) Image search: [Google]
1448949568493.jpg
17 KB, 498x271
>>319957443
poorfag btfo
>>
>>319967335
I can't find anything lower than 90$.
>>
File: ewnMuWu_1024x1024.jpg (65 KB, 1024x589) Image search: [Google]
ewnMuWu_1024x1024.jpg
65 KB, 1024x589
>One mention of Das
>>
>>319973060
garbage that just -looks- nice
>>
>>319954782
I would advise you to never buy a Razer product, though I've though about getting the Black Widow for years. They've replaced the cherry switches with some proprietary bullshit, and my experience with their quality control has been abysmal.
>>
>>319969830
Is the mic and sound quality okay though? Because I heard the bad mics pick up everything like your typing and their earphones have shit sound quality.

>>319969848
Give me some suggestions then. Sub $100 preferably.
>>
File: image.png (147 KB, 498x319) Image search: [Google]
image.png
147 KB, 498x319
I bought this because it was the prettiest there and my Logitech g502 mouse was pretty good so I got it
>>
>>319973524
Last time we had mechanical keyboard thread, some anon pointed out that Razer Green/Orange switches are made by Kaihl.
>>
>>319973060

probably cause he was looking for recommendations thats arent overpriced
>>
>>319973723
that hand rest pad looks super stupid
>>
>>319973723
>prettiest
Really now? I'm sorry, but it's ugly as shit. Actually, all logitech's mechs are.
>>
File: 1332193132295.jpg (100 KB, 608x524) Image search: [Google]
1332193132295.jpg
100 KB, 608x524
>>319965908

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 Edition, i didn't cheese it either.
>>
>>319954782
I've got the tournament edition. My only complaint is the stupid detachable microusb cable. Any kind of slight movement on the keyboard and it loses connection. Stupid useless feature.
>>
Any brown switch users here?

How does it compare to the reds and blues?

I liked the reds and I'm okay with blues
>>
>>319972823
http://amzn.com/B00ELNG49I
>>
>>319973861
It has a sweet rainbow light effect, yes I'm a gigantic faggot before you ask/point it out. You can also use your phone to change settings on the fly.
>>
>>319965908
>>
>>319970246
I can tell the difference between mice mainly thanks to grip and hand feel + buttons.

Keyboards not so much aside from clickety clackety.
>>
File: 1448503233336.jpg (23 KB, 231x246) Image search: [Google]
1448503233336.jpg
23 KB, 231x246
> tfw CODE TKL with green switches on the way

How meme am I /v/? Greens for gaming and all..
>>
G710+
>>
>>319970246
I have those. The mouse is shit and the wheel started fucking up after a month. Keyboard is decent for a rubberdome.
>>
>>319967175
have the same headphones, must've had them for close to two years now. If anything I like that the cable is long, you have a velcro strap to shorten it if you want.

I am worried about the swivels though, they seem very fragile. Just gotta take good care lifting from the headband instead of grabing the ear muffs and it will last.

I don't know about sound quality, it is okay I suppose even for some music, can't tell how good it is because the most expensive headphones I got ever before were koss porta pros for like $40 or so and I am no audiophile.

I got them because they looked rugged and robust. Mic isn't good btw you have to get it pretty close to your mouth even then quality is not that great sound is low and there is a faint buzzing sound even when you fiddle with mic gain.

They are fairly comfy on my head as well, wearing them for prolonged time though seems to have created an indentation on my head where my headphones usually rest.
>>
>>319965908
THEQCKBRWFXJVERTHELAZEG
>>
>>319955005

I have this exact keyboard and would deff reccomend it. Although if you can find a corsair k70 with brown switches that isn't overpriced i'd reccomend that.
>>
>>319956275
epic bait
>>
File: corsair_k95_rgb_mechanical.jpg (80 KB, 750x355) Image search: [Google]
corsair_k95_rgb_mechanical.jpg
80 KB, 750x355
GO HARD OR GO HOME
>>
>>319954951
I'm with this guy. Mechanical keyboards are a meme.
>>
>>319954782
I have a CM Quickfire Storm XT with MX blues. It's a good keyboard, but the backspace rings. Donno what that's about.
>>
>>319966517
nobody said that you shit eating twat
>>
>>319965908

Buy a good keyboard you stupid fuck.
>>
>>319977862
This keyboard is lovely but way too expensive.
>>
I haven't touched anything made by Razer since I learned that their peripherals have to phone home before you can use all their features. DRM on a piece of hardware... Fuck everything about that.
>>
>>319965908

daskeyboard browns
>>
>>319954951
>>319977930
None of you know what a meme is.
>>
File: K70_03_K_US.png (294 KB, 750x497) Image search: [Google]
K70_03_K_US.png
294 KB, 750x497
>>319974130
I own a K70 with browns, this is my first mechanical keyboard so I literally don't really know the tactile feel of reds or blues.
>>
>>319978305
>this is my first mechanical keyboard
I can tell, you bought a Corsair.
>>
>>319978387
Did I fuck up?
>>
>>319978302
mechanical keyboards are
>>
>>319954782

I actuallly bought the razer blackwidow ultimate on black friday for $109 and its a real nice keyboard.

get the 'stealth' if you dont want the keys to be so loud. chroma is only if you really want to fuck around with the colors and shit, honestly the green is good enough.
>>
>>319978449
Yes and no. It will be a great keyboard...for six months to a year. Year and a half if you're lucky. Then it'll shit the bed. Next time, if you want a inexpensive good keyboard get a Ducky One.
>>
File: 812xeMCoElL._SL1500_.jpg (114 KB, 1500x635) Image search: [Google]
812xeMCoElL._SL1500_.jpg
114 KB, 1500x635
>>319973861
G710's are pretty good looking anon
>>
>>319977862
18 macro keys. For what purpose? I have 5 on my gaymer keyboard and still didn't find actual use for them.
>>
File: 1443455454509.jpg (614 KB, 800x569) Image search: [Google]
1443455454509.jpg
614 KB, 800x569
>>319977930
This is basically true. I have experience with most cherry MX switches, as well as with some premium non-mechanical switches (topres).

Obviously, they feel different, but people tend to equate different with better because they spent +$100 on their keyboard. Does it make you type faster? I type at +100 WPM and it doesn't really help me. Does it last longer? This is actually a pretty funny thing, because so many mechanical keyboards have gone through various issues. Those cheap Rosewill mechanicals were plagued by issues with the USB connector dislocating, Logitech's G710 had issues with keycaps breaking, many backlit mechanicals had issues with the leds simply dying (Corsair had problems with this iirc), Filcos had the notorious Filco ping, etc. I've never actually had a rubber dome keyboard break.

I paid $60 for mine, and I wouldn't pay more. If you paid something like $150 for yours, you got jewed pretty bad.
>>
>>319978449
Get a CoolerMaster Quickfire XT next time. $85 bucks for a solid full size using name brand mx switches.
>>
>>319978987
anything more than like 6 is a waste imo

who the fuck actually uses 18 keys
>>
>>319978916
What? No.
>>
>>319979005
>premium non-mechanical switch
>topre
>non-mechanical
You're a liar and know nothing.
>>
>>319979192
Topre uses a rubber dome. Did you not know this?

It's a glorified rubber dome keyboard for $200.
>>
>>319979296
I have no need to have any further discourse with you.
>>
Is steelseries any good ? What about Themaltake ?
>>
>>319979405
Here you go.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Topre_switch#Categorisation
>>
Just get a cherry mx-board 3.0
it's just a keyboard with no stupid shit like LEDs or 500 extra keys that you will never use
>>
>>319979450
No, and they're ok. A tTeSports aren't the first thing that comes to mind. They use non-mx switches, though. I think Kailh or something.

>>319979618
They're fine, if you like reds. If not, good luck finding them in anything but reds.
>>
>>319979774
I bought the 3.0 with blacks, and I had a choice between blacks, reds and blues. Depends on where you live, I guess.
>>
>>319979618
No caps/num lock indicators is not an advantage
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp46JeDDTCw
>>
>>319979949
The indicators are on the keys themselves.
>>
>>319979887
I live in the States and could only find it in reds. If I could have found it in blues I would have gotten it.
>>
>>319980004
That's nice
>>
>>319979618
I have the same keyboard. The low-profile keys take some getting used to, but my biggest problem is the loose USB port it has. Every time I move the keyboard, Windows makes that connect/disconnect sound.
>>
Can someone tell me if the Mx blues feel similar to a IBM model M. I bought an Ibm model M and i fuckin hate it. The click the spring does is so heavy it actually resonates all the the way to my finger. it feels like shit.
>>
>>319980213
That sucks mate, I move mine around constantly and never had that problem.
Maybe you could tighten the port a bit with a screwdriver?
>>
File: laughing_horse.jpg (322 KB, 1130x1080) Image search: [Google]
laughing_horse.jpg
322 KB, 1130x1080
>He doesn't use arcade switches in his keyboard!
If your keys require less than 150g of force to actuate, you're literally a woman.
>>
>>319980283
My blues don't resonate throughout my fingers The click is responsive but not too harsh. I'm a heavy typist so i bottom my keys out most of the time and it doesn't feel bad even then, just solid.
>>
>>319980213
Pun some tape on it or something to make it stick. make sure its plastic. Put it around the switch and the plugged it.
>>
>>319980665
>Nigger-rig something new
Naw, dude, call Cherry or the seller, get an exchange.
>>
>>319980438
You might as well use rubber domes then with keys the size of your fist muscle head, meat for brains, dropkick, baka.
>>
>>319980438
All my keys are sanwa
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (134 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
134 KB, 600x600
what do you think of the cougar attack 2 with cherry MX brown?

They are pretty damned cheap, but I don't know how long it will last before it craps out. It retails for around 90 dollarydoos (approx 65USD).
>>
>>319981876
looks pretty gay desu
>>
>>319978916
I've heard they are pretty solid, but no one I trust has reviewed them yet.
>>
>>319981953
I don't care about looks as long as it is comfy, does its job, durable enough for its price, and is cheap.
>>
>>319982096
Not him but I have a refurb. Had it about 2 months now and it's been pretty great. It's got a lot of nice features like the game mode that disables the Win key. Feels solid overall. I don't use the macro keys.
One thing, the logitech software seems to not want to install on W10.
>>
>>319982273
how is the build? are the materials good? It's just that by looking at it in images, the keys look cheap and way too plastic but I guess it's just the colors.
>>
>>319982464
This thing is solid, man. It's well made for sure.The only really cheap feeling part is the wrist rest.
>>
I got myself a G710 from Black Friday. Wasnt even much cheaper, but I needed a replacement for my regular one.

Its alright. Would never pay 150$+ for a mechanical like that.

>>319982273
I bound some folders to the macros for fast access.
>>
>>319982605
I only paid $60 for mine.
Apparently they fixed the W10 bug in the software. I think the G buttons would be better somewhere else, I constantly pressed G6 when looking for Control when I first got it.
>>319982464
And for what it's worth the G710+ is supposed to be quieter than the original.
>>
File: modelm_4[1].jpg (178 KB, 1600x684) Image search: [Google]
modelm_4[1].jpg
178 KB, 1600x684
If you want mechanical, get a Model M

>buckling spring design is near immune to dirt and wear
>heavy plastic case is like an advanced form of nintendium
>metal backplate can survive a nuclear holocaust
>superior tactile and audio response
>hasnt changed design since 1988 because it has no flaws
>>
>>319982983
>no macros
>no media keys
>ugly as sin
>>
>>319983121
>needing frivolous rice garbage
>>
>>319983262
>features are rice
Okay grandpa. Enjoy finding a computer with a working DIN port.
>>
>>319955734
>Mine works fine!
For the price, the build quality is awful. That's pretty much all there is to it.
>>
>>319957443
I know this is bait, but some people do think it's true. Don't fool yourself in to believing this. SSDs have an extremely noticable difference, and if you've ever used a mechanical keyboard you'd understand why people like them so much.
>>
>>319959412
A cheap keyboard getting the job done for a normal person means nothing, Anon. How long was the average user browsing the web with IE, despite it being complete shit?
Don't mistake ignorance for anything else.
>>
>>319983262
You don't know what rice means. Stop using it until you can use it in the right context.
>>
File: Wakka.png (196 KB, 326x329) Image search: [Google]
Wakka.png
196 KB, 326x329
>g710+ has a button for key lights and another extra button for WASD lights
This type of redundancy bothers me.
>>
>>319985913
I don't really understand what kind of abuse you'd need to put your keyboard through but alright. Got mine for $50 several years back and it uses the same switches whatever superior build quality /g/ approved board you're using.
>>
>>319954782
pretty much
>>319954951
this

gaming mouses are one thing

but a keyboard? They have some positives but it honestly does not make a difference compared to a mouse

in fact as long as the keys are not membrane , any keyboard works honestly.
>>
>>319981876
I bought one with MX Blues for office and it's pretty nice. Works fine. The only thing I didn't like - there are no media keys for player (play/stop/etc). But with AutoHotKey and macros everything is fine.
>>
>>319970246
I got this but replaced the mouse with a g502

very cheap and good combo to be honest but that mouse won't last anybody a year unless you are a casual
>>
>>319973731
>However, if someone compares their products to those from Cherry, it becomes apparent that their keyboard-related products are a direct copy of Cherry's designs. This is not illegal, however, as Cherry's patent on mechanical keyboard switches dates back in the early 1980's and thus expired well over a decade ago.
>There is no reason that a copy cannot be just as good as or even better than the original. Kailh's reputation however isn't the greatest.
Jesus, it's even worse than I thought
>>
>>319954782
>170 bucks for those shiny colors
>tfw there are people who are this stupid
>>
>>319954782
I want one of those so fucking bad but jesus christ 170$ is a lot of fucking shekels.
I'm saving for it now
>>
File: 1424626915362.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1424626915362.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>319987470
>there are people that drop 170$ on a keyboard
>that isn't a Realforce Topre
>>
>>319954782
>170 burger bucks
>for a keyboard
I'm sure it's just your mind telling you, you're getting better because you have a better keyboard. Just get a $20 mech keyboard.
>>
File: k90_top_us_lit.png (123 KB, 800x435) Image search: [Google]
k90_top_us_lit.png
123 KB, 800x435
>>319965908

I like my Corsair k90

>>319978987
yeah, maybe it's because I don't play MMOs, but I've never used them

>>319983262
b8, but media keys are wonderful. Being able to start, stop/pause and skip music/movies forward/backwards, as well as adjusting volume with the simple use of a key is wonderful
>>
>>319988408
>$20 mech keyboard
there is no such thing if you want legit cherry switches.
>>
>>319982983
>>319980507
>>
>>319989389

but is there such a thing? i could live with a 20 dollar mechanical keyboard until i decided to upgrade.

stil using dell keyboards since i get them for free but i'm becoming autistic about the shitty feel after trying out a blackwidow and returning it.

blackwidow was nice but not $130 nice. was gonna just get a 710+ on sale but best buy was out of them.
>>
>>319989915
I'm pretty sure you can find enough models under 50$ with Chinese mech switches like Kaihl, Gaote or Gateron. But under 20$? I don't know, t︂b︂︂h.
>>
>>319965542
What a horrible font
>>
>>319987118
I don't bother with /g/, but I get a lot of keyboards and stuff. I test them for the flex, and general use. Razer products, 99% of the time, are on par with the cheaper things I test. They're definitely out-performed by almost everything that's the same price. I'm always surprised to hear people having good experiences with their stuff. If you're happy with that product for its price, that's good, but just know that it's a surprise and consider yourself lucky.
>>
>>319990576
I don't know about Razer keyboards, but their mice are disaster recently. A friend of mine got Razer Naga for a good 6 years. At the start of the year it broke, so he decided to buy exactly same model. And he did. It broke after a month. Well, no biggie, warranty in place, so he got another one. And guess what, the same story in less than a month. Like the idiot he is, he got yet another naga model, which broke in 2 weeks, so he finally bought logitech analog. I know, it's an anecdotal evidence, but still.
>>
>>319965908
>>
>>319991894
Multiple Razer arcade sticks failed at tournaments now.

Highlight was EVO 2015 SF4 with over a 100k people watching.
>>
>>319954782
corsair k70 is the only real answer to be honest famicon
>>
>>319982983
>No windows key

What the fuck are you even doing mate
>>
>>319991894
Anecdotal evidence or not, it's the type of thing that happens so regularly I can only assume people buying Razer products don't know any better and rarely learn from their mistakes.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>not using a filco
why do you hate quality?
>>
>>319995736
Cheap ABS keycaps
Filco ping

It's not high quality just because you overpaid.
>>
File: 1425538571420.jpg (44 KB, 460x645) Image search: [Google]
1425538571420.jpg
44 KB, 460x645
>>319957443
>An even bigger meme than SSDs to be honest

If this is what /v/ truly believes, then I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
>>
>>319954782
why would you want your keyboard to be louder
>>
File: asdasd.jpg (41 KB, 634x433) Image search: [Google]
asdasd.jpg
41 KB, 634x433
>>319978656
Ducky is a meme and you know it. you want this. You guys are shit. Its not about preference or function its about style. k70 despite being made of metal lacks strength and charisma. You want a keyboard that when the girls see they will think you are a supreme gentleman.
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.