[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth the money, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Afterbirth.jpg (93 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Afterbirth.jpg
93 KB, 1280x720
Is it worth the money, /v/?
>>
>>319951008
isaac, rebirth, or afterbirth?
>>
File: 1438276342356.png (381 KB, 515x499) Image search: [Google]
1438276342356.png
381 KB, 515x499
>>319951008
>roguelites
>>
wait for the sale
>>
>>319951136
Sorry, I was referring to afterbirth
>>
Do you like rogue types?
If so, yes, it's infinite and expansions will keep the game fresh with more and more synergies every patch.
The only bad design chocie they have is to not have an in-game option to check absolutely everything or even a single thing about what a specific item does, so this is a game you will want to play with a wiki opened on the side. After you get the hang of things or even if you played the first Isaac, it should come down to memory.
>>
File: 1402533910247.gif (363 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1402533910247.gif
363 KB, 500x374
>>319951008
Yes. Edmund is finally fucking off with his "no fun allowed" bullshit patches, and modding tools will soon be released
>>
>>319951008
No the game is super slow and boring and you have to rely on luck to get good gear. Crypt of the Necrodancer was far better.
>>
I don't think it is. Bought it hoping it would get me back into Isaac, played a couple of runs and never went back to it. I guess I'm done with Isaac in general.
>>
Not really. I'd pirate it first and try it.

>new game mode (Greed mode) is easy as shit and strips away the exploration part of the game
>Little Horn and Rag Man are too annoying to fight as basement bosses, they should be made slightly harder and made cave bosses
>Hush and Ultra Greed have motherfucking damage caps
>most new items are garbage or overpowered as fuck
>Lilith is a shitty character, Keeper is Edmund's re-attempt at the Lost making him just as annoying to get and play as
>Lost was buffed, he starts with the D4 and can unlock the holy mantle (and you can spawn as him anytime with the missing poster)
>beating Mega Satan only gets you a completion mark and shitty recoloured coop babies nobody but Edmund's wife uses
>existing items were nerfed to shit again
>>
File: wtfitems.png (188 KB, 1517x834) Image search: [Google]
wtfitems.png
188 KB, 1517x834
>>319951008
Yes if you like those types of games. Its very comfy imo. Its great when you only want to play a short game and then go do something else
>>
>>319951995
Little Horn is easy because he doesn't have much HP.
Rag Man is annoying and shouldn't even be a basement boss since he has a lot of attacks and takes way too much damage to kill
>most new items are garbage or overpowered as fuck
same can be said of the majority of the items in the game
>>
>>319951824
git gud
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.