[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone think of games where people will actually treat you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (52 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
52 KB, 460x215
Can anyone think of games where people will actually treat you very differently if you play as a non-human race or as a woman?

The best I could come up with is the Witcher (where people will sometimes be a bit rude) and Mount and Blade (where women need 50 more renown before kings will accept them as a vassal AKA fucking nothing).
>>
Enemies in the recent Fallout games (don't remember if they did in F1 and 2) will call you a birch instead of an asshole, I guess?
>>
>>319949871
>bitch
>>
>>319948131
Check older RPGs

Even Oblivion has differences between Men/Women
>>
>>319949871
>Burch
>>
There's an old indie text-based adventure game called Klaustrophobia from way back in 1994 wherer a character tells you a joke if you're female, and doesn't if you're male. The game then says something like, 'hey, you got a point for that! imagine all the guys who are going to be searching through this game for that one last point' - and this is a pretty large game, spread across three separate sections.

There's also a car rental coupon (needed in a completely different section much later to beat the game) in the women's restroom, but not the men's restroom, but this was probably a bug.
>>
>>319948131
Dragon Age Origins

I loved be a bitter, racist city elf. Fuckin' roundears taking our women.
>>
>>319949871
burches and willows
>>
SD3 had different dialog and entirely different endings based on which party members you chose
>>
>>319948131
Everquest factions will either mark you kill-on-sight or disregard you entirely based on your race or class
>>
File: 1418669421012.gif (233 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1418669421012.gif
233 KB, 256x256
>>319949871
>tfw you will never be Anthony Burch
>>
>>319951413

Not just different dialogue, there were three major story arcs with their own big villains and you'd get to experience these - the smaller things, like stuff with the Darkshine Knight and Duran, are littered throughout all three scenarios.

SD3 is so good - if it just didn't fucking SCREEN LOCK during magic casts, done to avoid SoM's infinite chainspell - but it kills the flow so hard that doing hard melee as Kevin/Duran/Hawke and then going to a party with like, Carlie AND Angela is just urghghhg
>>
>>319951658
That's pretty cool actually.
Also, I wish the renown requirement for females in Mount and Blade would be much higher than males.
>>
>>319951106
>meant to say butch
>says batch
>>
>>319951889
Well, the fact that the playstyle also depends on your party composition (which loosely follows the gender / nationality makeup of your party) is another gain over games where everything just ignores all attributes of your character for the sake of immersion.
>>
>>319951663
a wizard has turned you into anthony birch
>>
File: 1409052312919.jpg (122 KB, 1000x850) Image search: [Google]
1409052312919.jpg
122 KB, 1000x850
>>319954960
Well then fuck me.
Oh wait, no one wants to fuck Anthony Burch
>>
Am I the only one who had no idea who Anthony Birch is?
>>
>>319951962
Pretty sure you can change that with the TweakMB tool. Also some mods have a "more severe female penalty" option.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.