[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be sad console peasant >want to get into pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (402 KB, 1600x827) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
402 KB, 1600x827
>be sad console peasant
>want to get into pic related

Is DaS2 my only option? It's the only one that runs at 60 fps on current gen.
>>
dude just play dark souls. it's better on a console anyway YEAH I SAID IT
>>
>>319941497
looks to me like you have 4 options there, little buddy
>>
>>319941497
60 fps doesn't make Dark Souls 2 better than the other games. It's the worst in the series.
>>
If you're a console peasant, I don't know why you would only play 60fps games. that's 9/10 of the entire library you're locked out from.
>>
>>319941497
I was a console pleb till yesterday and Now that I have my PC I hate it

Modding is a fucking joke there is always an issue and its hard to fix

Computer can have problems you cant fix

Hardware dying and or being out of date in less then a year is shit.

Trust me PC gaming is a fucking meme and faggots only circle jerk specs
>>
>>319941651
Enjoy blighttown
>>
>>319941927
>wrong: the post
>>
>>319941927

t. sonykek
>>
>>319941847
there's a decent Amount of current-gen games that play at 60fps. Granted a lot of these games are remaster editions but 60fps none the less.
>>
>>319941927
The only non-idiot problem is incompetent ports with random CTD's.
Anything else is pcgamingwiki

>responding to obvious bait
>>
if you only have consoles you're actually in a better position to play the souls series - you can play Demon's Souls & Bloodborne.
Dark Souls has a better online connunity on console too
dark souls 2 is actually the worst in the series, dont even bother
>>
>>319941497
>caring about FPS
unless it drops down to like 10 a second for a long ass time, there is no problem what so ever.
>>
>>319941497
>thinks PC is the way into Souls games
what a crazy board we post in
>>
Alright, what's the easiest to get into? I'm...not very good at video games.
>>
>>319942447
Blighttown does drop in the teens for just about your whole trip there.
Probably worse on the PS3 too.
Playing it on pc again at solid 60 was great.
>>
>>319942039
>>319942112
>>319942213
>Le bait XD

Except I'm not baiting
>Koei Tecmo always keking PC
>Need to wait longer for games because its obvious PCùcks just torrent everything
>if you made the transition from console your doubly screwed because you probably played them all on your fucking console
>Less players across the board on almost all games
>Modding can be fun or nightmare if things dont work even if you use THE FUCKING MANAGER.
>High maintence hardware may break down sooner then expected

>console
>play game pay $400 vs the $600 for one just barely working or can run solid 30fps
>>
>>319942142
But why in the fuck would you buy a console expecting 60fps
>>
>Console fag
>60FPS whore
>>
>>319941927
Probably bait but whatever

>Nobody asked you to mod anything, if youre too stupid to mod or find out how to fix properly then dont do it

>Take it to a computer shop

>Stop buying second hand hardware
>>
>>319941927
Never killed any of my hardware in less than ~3 years. Owned over six setups total now. Get casual.

Then again, you did really well baiting me out son. Take your reply.
>>
>>319942716
>Koei Tecmo
But DW is shit and if I want to jerk off to azns I'll do that, if I want to play an actual fighting game I'll play SC4 or Tekken.

All the rest of your points are subjective bullshit.

>people are literally dumb enough to break modern hardware which is already made to be idiot proof
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>>
>>319942797
>take it to a computer shop
>charged $60 to repair it
>hardware out of date
>pay 200 bucks for a replacement

Eat shit mustard
>>
>>319942678
For me, it dropped down to 10 FPS for like 30 seconds, and that was only when I was swarmed by mosquitoes. once they died, it was fine after that. And I played it on PS3 too.
Stop making sound way much worse than it actually is.
>>
>>319942639
Dark Souls II is pretty new-player(casual) friendly I guess
but Dark Souls is the better one of the two
>>
>>319942743
Just couldn't afford a PC and I wanted to play some shiny new games badly so I impulse bought a ps4 and I regret just a little bit familia.
>>
>>319941497
BB has no frame rate issues.
>>
>>319942716

>sonykek angry as fuck: the post
>>
>>319942639
Start from the beginning and go Demon's souls first.
>>
>>319943062
>way worse
>10fps for 30 seconds is somehow alright
Stop down-playing a serious fucking issue.

Jesus you people.
>>
>>319943079
Now that it has been updated and nerfed a fuckton it's player friendly. DS2 was hard as shit the first few weaks and trying to act like it wasnt is tryhard as fuck.
>>
>>319942990
>Tekken
>console
Couldnt out youself any better
>>
>>319943185
Uhh but that's clearly not true.
>>
>>319943251
>30 seconds over roughly a hundred hours of gameplay is somehow a huge fucking game breaking issue.

Get fucked.
>>
>>319943276
I never said I only play on PC, that's silly.
Though it'd be nice if Bamco could do a nice thing for once in their miserable lives.
>>
So how similar is Bloodborne to the other games. I have been really liking Bloodborne and its fast combat. Would I like the other games?
>>
>>319943457
It wasn't just blighttown though, that was just the worst of it.
NL Ruins.
Kalameets fight.
The trek to manus.
Lost Izaleth
Nito's fight

It's probably easier to count the few areas where frequent frame dips weren't common.

Because there's not a lot.
>>
>>319943283
I'm sorry but your wrong.
It's not clean but definitely wouldn't be considered a frame rate issue.
>>
>>319941927
Overall PC gaming is blatantly superior to consoles but the ease of consoles is something that mustards never admit as a positive.

The majority of the time on the PC I can install a game and play it with no issues, but there are a significant number of cases, whether it's bad ports or older games, where you have to spend 40 minutes dicking around with ini settings, or downloading files from the internet after scrounging through ancient message boards. A lot of people just don't want to deal with that
>>
>>319943579
Bloodborne's combat is much faster than the others, which tend to be slower and more defensively oriented. The others don't reward aggression as much, more playing it safe.
>>
>>319944484
>The others don't reward aggression as much
uwot?
Once you go through it once and know the whole games movesets, being aggressive is GOAT.

Someone couldn't into parries.
>>
>>319943751
what scratched up disk where you playing on nigger? I never had those issues, nor have I heard of others having those issues either.
>>
>>319944702
parrying is defense you retard
>>
>>319941996
>Blightown
>Enjoy
Not even a pc can fix that shit show anon
>>
>>319944751
New Londo ruins was fucking laggy as shit.
Especially if you dicked around and let the ghosts build up.

But no, all of those areas had some degree of framedrops, you probably just didn't notice the difference in your blue-pilled bliss.
>>
>>319944850
Depending on how you play.
You can sweep a room real quick in the same way you can roll in and halberd or giant hammer it up.

Souls isn't strictly a defensive game.
>>
>>319944961
Even if you did experience frame-rates drops, no matter how minimal or drastic, its not for a stupid long amount of time and is in no way game breaking.
Take your PC elitism, fuck off to /g/, and shove your opinion up your ass.
>>
>>319945846
Game breaking no, but unpleasant and completely shouldn't be there, yes.
Wanting a solid experience isn't being an elitist.
That's literally like going to the theater and being okay if the movie skips or stutters occasionally.

Jesus what black magic do consoles contain that induce this degree of Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
>>319946095
>Jesus what black magic do consoles contain that induce this degree of Stockholm Syndrome.
Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo.
Brand loyalty is a hell of a drug anon.
>>
>>319946349
I'd say.
>>
>>319946457
Indeed fellow gentleman *tips whiskey glass in your direction*
>>
>>319946349
exclusives, actually. stay keked
>>
>>319947037
I'm an idort moron.
Exclusives wouldn't make me defend consoles when they have shit hardware m8.
>>
File: 1421867638977.jpg (337 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1421867638977.jpg
337 KB, 2048x1152
>>319941927
>being out of date in less then a year is shit.
>meanwhile consoles this gen are obsolete before they're even released.
it's not even funny anymore. the industry is just one sad, pathetic mess.
>>
>>319948101
You don't understand anon, it's okay when console games run like shit, it's never the fault of the hardware, it's all the dev's fault, even when the PC (less optimized version) runs better on weak hardware.
>>
>>319948258
they just need to figure out how to unlock the power of the cell and the cloud, then it'll all be okay.
>>
>>319948949
What's Nintendo's "Our console isn't weak, we swear, there's some hidden secret sauce in there!" gimmick?
Sony has "MUH ACEs" and "MUH 7th core."
M$ has "MUH CLOUD" and "MUH GIGGLEHERTZ"
>>
>>319943786
I have never had to do any of that and I've been a pc gamer for almost twenty years.
>>
>>319949213
FUN is the closest thing.
Atleast they do decently on their 1P games though.
>>
>>319949213
their gimmick is their "innovation" which can be neat at times, but it mostly is just something that's there and usually doesn't do much to the overall gameplay.
they have the wii remotes, the wii gamepad, the 3ds with the touchpad.
they have weaker graphics across all games, but most of their games run at 60fps though.
I would also say they're better at pandering to their core customers, where sony and microsoft tend to try their hand at making more steps that might alienate/anger their core consumer base to try and reach a bigger audience.
>>
>>319950095
I will admit, the gamepad on the WiiU is better than I was expecting.
Not as large and unwieldy as people made it seem, plus being able to play it in bed is always a plus.
Pro controllers are okay, just wish they went the full mile and just flat out copied the 360 gamepad.
If the pro controller JUST swapped the position of the right analog and the buttons, it would be the perfect controller.
>>
>>319947227
true... good games wouldnt make Pkeks defend consoles.
ever.
all they care about is the visual fidelity the machine can produce - which is weird when undertale is their best game
>>
File: Some gook shit.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Some gook shit.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>319951403
>Exclusive = good
Uwotm8?
This is that stockholm syndrome that anon was referring to earlier.
Fact is, most games (including exclusives) aren't very good.
I've played F2P Korean games on PC that were more fun than some console/handheld exclusives.
Webm related.
>>
>>319951582
>most games aren't very good.
pc "gamers" folks
>>
>>319951673
>Being legitimately retarded
Also, as previously stated, I'm an idort.
>>
>>319942639
Bloodborne has the easiest main game.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.