[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>waah a company made a decision that they believe will ultimately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 1449098805884.gif (3 MB, 509x710) Image search: [Google]
1449098805884.gif
3 MB, 509x710
>waah a company made a decision that they believe will ultimately make them more money

Why does /v/ hate capitalism?
>>
File: yareyaredaze.jpg (31 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
yareyaredaze.jpg
31 KB, 479x492
>>319941156
>Censorship makes more money
>>
>>319941156

True capitalims only applies to physical property because they're scarce resources. Reproducable resources like software or ideas cannot be applied to Capitalism. Thus the true capitalist answer to "intellectual property" is to declare it null.
>>
>>319941156
Nobody gives a shit about cut content until you take away fapbait for virgin weebs. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

>waifushit fapbait pandering appeals to shut in shitstains without jobs or social lives
>remove some
>those weebshitters go nuts because they have no bigger issues in life than how much virtual skin their imaginary girlfriends show off

It's a vocal minority. They deserve to be ignored, or mocked.
>>
>>319941627
It's not just them, I remember when mAss Effect 3 came out and all the fags whined about the ending.
>>
>>319942376
/v/ is full of people who insisted Bioware should have changed the ending of ME3 because they disliked it, but are now furious at Capcom for making a change to a game which is still in development.

MUH ETHICS
>>
>>319941286
Well maybe if they released games on a console not marketed to kids or families then you wouldnt have to deal with "muh cencorships"
or you can not be a degenerate weeb that only cares about lewd anime shit
>>
>>319941156
>Company makes a shitty decision that ruins it's reputation
>Said decision cumulates medium profits for short period of time, and kills IP in the process
>Good decision

Fug off pepe, you know it's wrong.
>>
>>319943238
>Company makes a shitty decision that ruins it's reputation
>Said decision cumulates medium profits for short period of time, and kills IP in the process

You heard it here first, folks. Street Fighter as an IP is DEAD. 8gag declares it so.
>>
>>319943438
I was talking in general, don't try to frame me, never said a word about SF, and neither did pepe.

For me, major brands and companies are dead. I don't preorder anymore, I don't buy DLC:s anymore, I don't even pirate. Crytek is dead to me, Mechwarrior as a whole is pretty ded... CoD's died with MW1. Everything must be purchased and paid in advance, then trying to live in the shadow of the hype train just to realize what a piece of crap you paid. Oh, and you didn't even pay for the whole deal, no sir! Here's something to play for! But you gotta pay more first, just ignore the fact that you get ~25 minutes of content out of this 9,99 dollary-doo deal.

Promised myself that Human Revolution will be my last preorder, and haven't had a moment of regret since. To be really honest though, I don't even play vidya anymore. Match or so of CS, advancing my slow crawl of Witcher 1 playthrough and doing my "routine" char of Arcanum. Probably ~8h a week tops, including CS.
>>
>>319944562
Just because things are dead to you, does not mean they are dead anon, quite the contrary.

>I don't pre-order so I am sticking it to game companies

Oh man how ever will they live with their thousands of pre-orders without yours, why the fuck did you ever pre-order in the first place.

>Worst examples of the industry when it comes to DLC
>means videogames are dead

Nigger you are full retard
>>
>>319944562
>I no longer buy Crytek games... heh, take THAT SJWs
>I don't even pre-order AAA games anymore... heh... suck on that, Anita
>in fact, I don't even play videogames anymore... heh. checkmate. [teleports away]

Great job
>>
Complaining about company decisions is a part of capitalism.
>>
>>319941286
It's not making them less money considering a majority of the people who are complaining about censorship don't play the games being censored in the first place and are just using it as an excuse to complain and shitpost.

Meanwhile most people that play the games don't give a shit about the miniscule changes that don't even matter in most cases because they buy the games to play them in their entirety, not for one or two outfits that are removed.

It's hilarious that people think complaining on 4chan or that posting le bingo cards will actually do fucking anything especially when nobody here plays videogames anyway.
>>
>>319945796
Complaining that capitalistic enterprises by a company does not pander to you is not a part of capitalism. Capitalism is about making money anon, and you make money by selling shit that people buy, and nobody that actually buys the games getting censored cares about an outfit or two out of a whole game, because they actually play games.

Some people being upset doesn't mean their complaints are relevant to capitalism because capitalism moves forward towards profits, and marketing to people that do nothing but complain is less profitable than marketing to people that actually give them money.

Your opinion has never mattered, and matters even less so now, because of focus groups and targeted advertisement.
>>
File: 1449463917379.gif (487 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1449463917379.gif
487 KB, 500x370
>>319941156
>videogame company censors some skimpy looking clothing and lewd behavior
"QUIT WHINING YOU DISGUISING LONELY VIRGINS!"
>videogame company censors some characters acting gay, being transgendered, or showing homosexual activities
>SJWs lose their shit and start making petitions, bitch and moan constantly while telling the company they won't buy their bigoted homo/transphobic game

If the whole Tomodachi Life shitstorm taught me anything its that SJWs only care about censorship when its effects games in a manner they don't seem fitting. Who would've thought?
>>
>>319946405
I didn't say it was an important or influential part of the system, but it is part of it.
>>
>>319945289
>>319944974
Was writing a long rant to you two fucks. Realised that I rustled my jimmies over nothing, so...

Missed a critical point in my post:
>For me

Also, how the fuck am I blaming a feminishum for this, what the fuck you mong?
>>
>>319947408
Your analogy is so fucking idiotic, and you know it is, too.
If your argument is this fuckign idiotic maybe you should reconsider posting it, or maybe even ask yourself why you have to make such wild leaps just to make your stance sound like it makes sense.
>>
File: 1410724422759.png (187 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1410724422759.png
187 KB, 499x499
>>319947698
kek u mad bro?
>>
File: 000000.jpg (97 KB, 946x472) Image search: [Google]
000000.jpg
97 KB, 946x472
>hey man you shouldn't shoot yourself in the face
>NO I'M GOING TO SHOOT MYSELF IN THE FACE AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME YOU'RE JUST ENTITLED
>wow he actually shot himself in the face
sorry for trying i guess
>>
>>319947601
>Mechwarrior as a whole is pretty ded
>ded
>CoD's died with MW1
>CoD
>MW1
>no sir!
>9,99 dollary-doo
>Human Revolution will be my last preorder
>preorder
>I don't even play vidya anymore
>rustled my jimmies
>feminishum

Literally the biggest retard I've seen on /v/ all year
>>
>>319947925
>retard is a facebookfrog poster
I'm shocked
>>
>>319943438
>8gag
Is that what we call gamergate chan now?
>>
File: 16365365346320.jpg (44 KB, 1194x273) Image search: [Google]
16365365346320.jpg
44 KB, 1194x273
>>319949083
:^)
>>
Are we seriously defendind censorship with good capitalist choices when the company is CAPCOM?
FUCKING
C
A
P
C
O
M
?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.