[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just picked one of these up this morning and have been testing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
I just picked one of these up this morning and have been testing it all day.

So far I'm pretty impressed. Thoughts so far:
>nice weight
>custom and community button layout system works really well
>tracking is great with the proper tuning
>can't play FPSs at the same skill level as KB + M but it's way higher than a standard controller
>takes straight batteries
>back buttons are nice
>controller rumble is lacking, maybe it was just the games I was playing

For those that have picked one up, what do you think? I can't see this replacing KBM for competitive FPS or other precision based games, but it worked great for 2D games, 3D action games and casual FPSs like TF2 and chiv.
>>
>>319939183

Good for those that want to sit back on games that require mouses. It probably took it as close as a controller can get to a mouse for now.

I still prefer my xbone controller and mouse to getting one of those but I might pick one up out of curiosity. Wonder if it outdoes the xbone controller.
>>
From what everyone has said it seems like it foes what it set out to do well.
>>
>>319939183

>takes straight batteries

Wait, so is it wireless only? I prefer wired since I sit right there next to my PC.
>>
>>319941037
I'm actually not sure. It's got a micro USB input on the controller, so I really hope that it works wired.
>>
>>319941184
It works wired, though I've heard some people claim that you need something in the battery slots to make a connection.

The wireless works really well though, I haven't had any problem with lag with it, but then any game where precision input is really important I'll just use my mouse and keyboard.

Battery life is great, I've used it quite a bit over the last month and haven't had to swap out the batteries yet.
>>
I don't want to start a new thread because I don't want to be that guy can someone tell me real quick why this PC sucks?

AMD A10 7850K CPU (3.7GHZ)
AMD A58 chipset
8Gb Kingston DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
2Tb (2000Gb) hard drive
AMD Radeon R7 integrated GPU
DVD-RW Multi DVD Rewriter
802.11n Wi-Fi
5.1 Channel Audio
6x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x RJ45, 3x Audio Jacks
Backlit blue Cooler Master Devastator LED keyboard and mouse
>>
>>319941737

>integrated gpu
>>
>>319942071
Man I'm out of my depth here. PC gaming is so fucking expensive when you're a yuropoor.
>>
>>319942232
Go to /g/, tell them your budget and what country you're in.
>>
>>319941737
Its the RAM, APUs graphics performance is primarily limited by memory bandwidth. If your motherboard supports it get DDR3 2100 or 2400. It still won't be the equivalent of a budget card like a 750ti but it will at least produce console level performance when playing at 720p.

If your case can fit a GPU though you'll be better off buying one than spending that same money on better RAM.
>>
>>319940125
I haven't used an xbone controller but I've replaced the 360 pad I've been using with a steam controller, I really enjoy it.

Main flaw is that you need to take a bit longer to rebind and get everything comfy
>>
>>319939183
do you ever press the back buttons accidentally?
>>
>>319942232
www.logicalincrements.com
>>
>>319942724
Not OP, but I don't, the back buttons are extremely useful. The only thing I've had trouble with accidentally triggering is the optional double tap action that you can enable on the touch pads.

With the grip buttons, the click at the end of the trigger pull and the ease of clicking the touch pads you almost never need to use the face buttons.
>>
>>319942416
I went to /g/ they're all talking about an anorexic girls vagina
>>319942569
>console level performance when playing at 720p.
Ew. Maybe I should just wait another few months
>>319942924
Thank you this is really helpful
>>
>>319943125
>Ew. Maybe I should just wait another few months
I don't know that prices are going to change much in a few months. If your case will fit one a budget card would be a good investment.
Doing much more than that would require replacing most of the hardware.

Unless this is a hypothetical build and you haven't actually bought anything yet?
>>
>>319944123
I meant to save up more. I have about 800euro and im going to have to suffer using a shitty 60hz tv as a monitor for a while but yeah its a hypothetical build.
>>
>>319944385
http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/s6fx8d

Something like that would probably work well for you. If AMD hardware is a lot cheaper than Intel where you are look at the 6300 instead, its more power hungry but it overclocks well.
>>
>>319945290
If intel was cheaper would it be better to go with them? they seem to be around the same with amd being ever so slightly more expensive
>>
>>319942232
>Man I'm out of my depth here. PC gaming is so fucking expensive when you're a yuropoor.

Can't you just buy cheap parts in slavland?
>>
Thumbs get sore easy like they do on a trackball if you try to use the controller for precision.
>>
>>319945621
It depends what you're doing with your system and how long you plan to keep it.

i3
+ better single thread performance
+ more power efficient
- can not be overclocked
- only 2 cores
- only 4 threads
- dead socket

FX 6300
+ 3 modules
+ 6 threads
+ can be overclocked
- slower single thread performance
- uses more power
- dead socket

Right now for gaming single thread performance is important and so the intel i3 chips have an advantage. Increasingly new engines use more threads and next-gen APIs like Vulkan will reduce single thread bottlenecks so the AMD system isn't a bad choice.

Once the AM4 socket launches next year we might have some better options at the low end.
>>
>>319946807
Socket types get obsolete fast enough that it doesn't really matter, odds are you're getting a new mobo regardless of the CPU you pick to suit you for the next 3-4 years.
>>
>>319947027
AMD seems to be better about sockets than Intel, and with AM4 being shared between the budget APUs and the upcoming high performance ZEN CPUs it might be a decent platform to build a cheap system on for upgrade options.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.