[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you still buy games in person /v/? How is your local vidya store?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: img_0070.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
img_0070.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Do you still buy games in person /v/?

How is your local vidya store?
>>
>>319928428
Amazon has better prices.
>>
No, I sent out my minions to do it for me.
>>
>>319928527
Amazon doesn't have friendly customer service, though.
>>
Yeah but the ones by me are full of faggot hipsters and old games are overpriced.
>>
>>319928428
Why would i?
>>
>>319928683
I'll live.
With more money.
>>
>>319928428
I wish I could.

Game stores here are a rip off. With only casual games in stock with casuals serving you. They only know about CoD and how to pretend to be your friend so you buy more shit.
>>
>>319928683
Which nobody other than soccer moms need. I know what I want to buy.
>>
>>319928428
Sometimes, if the retro shop has anything decent. Otherwise, eBay and Amazon.
>>
I visit a local pawn shop that has a decent selection of retro shit. They have all the overpriced classics that hipsters love but I just go in for the sixth gen hidden gems. Picked up Chaos Legion yesterday for $3
>>
File: 1321920475392.jpg (78 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
1321920475392.jpg
78 KB, 600x469
I'd like to but it's far more expensive than just buying it on eBay or Amazon, and their selection is garbage. Like they've had some of the same stuff in stock in there for fucking years, I could go over there tomorrow and they would still have a dozen copies of Syphon Filter 2 and 3, Aquaman, 50 dollar copies of popular Gamecube games, a copy of every single N64 shovelware title and nothing worth buying, a couple Sega Saturn games, and a keyboard for Dreamcast.
>>
The two shops near me have a great retro selection because they never sell anything. Prices are twice the going rate on ebay, I have no idea how they're still in business.
>>
>>319929398
It's a front for drugs.
>>
File: Disgusted.jpg (162 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted.jpg
162 KB, 1600x1200
>>319928428
I can just imagine the stink of that place
>>
File: edecan_gameplanet.jpg (190 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
edecan_gameplanet.jpg
190 KB, 900x675
>>319928428
>How is your local vidya store?

like this

guess the country
>>
>>319928428
Yeah, when I need a new console or something i'll take a drive to the local retro game store. The guy that works there is based as all fuck, I really love going there. Guy once sold me a sega master system and a free copy of Phantasy Star for 20 bucks because he had just got like five copies of the game from some guy.
>>
>>319928683
>friendly customer service
You mean those cunts that keep bothering me?
>>
Nice hipster fags. Sometimes they go into detail about shit that everyone knows when talking to you. I get the sense that they enjoy their 10-12 dollar an hour job.
>>
>>319929679
Tacos.
>>
>>319928428
The local store is cool. The retro prices can be a bit iffy and they don't stock a lot of newer games (e.g. only one copy of Wolfenstine for Xbone) but they have an arcade which is neat.
>>
File: 136562991316.gif (1015 KB, 126x95) Image search: [Google]
136562991316.gif
1015 KB, 126x95
>>319928428
>tfw you can only buy 6th-gen-and-newer dudebroshit in your country

Even the PS2 selection here is pretty shitty. Good luck finding any hidden gems.
>>
>>319928683
Amazon has my favorite type of customer service, though, the kind where I get my stuff and don't have to be around others or interact with anyone.
>>
>>319928428
Last time I went with my dad, we went together to do other stuff in the area tho
>>
>>319928683
>Call up CS because one of my packages had a huge hole, yet the package it was sealed in was in perfect shape
>"Wasn't us, must've been the postal service"

>Remember a game that I haven't seen in stock for a couple of weeks
>Ask customer service if it possible to request an item (like Walmart, Best Buy, and Target)
The customer service rep laughed at me. Then said no, without continuing any further.

If Amazon ever succeeds in driving their online competitors out of business, they will lose their customers simply for all the arrogant shit they pull.
>>
>>319928428
Only when I desperately fucking need to play something in the next hour. Otherwise, I love digital.
>>
File: click here to die.jpg (22 KB, 424x317) Image search: [Google]
click here to die.jpg
22 KB, 424x317
Local store is sick.

Every friday they host an event called friday night fights, in which we play goofy ass fighters all night and set the arcade on freeplay.
>>
>>319929590
it's actually quite fine.

the place is called Digital Press in clifton, nj. It sells pretty much all generations of games and all kinds of hardware at decent prices.

Got melee there the other day for only $30
>>
>He buys from vidya shops
>Not just buying shit from Amazon or Sam's for the discounted prices
>inb4 >Sam's
>implying $8 off a new release is a bad thing
>Not going to used bookstores or goodwill for old vidya
>tfw i found MGS 1-3 for $15
>Masturbating as you read this
>>
>>319930120
jesus christ you're retarded
>>
>buying games
>>
>>319928428
Hey, that's Digital Press. I live in this town.

The original owner was a real shitheel, but the people who run it now are alright.
>>
I buy everything online from other eu countries to save money. Sometimes i still by someshit in local stores bc im mnot a fag wit anxiety
>>
>>319930228
goodwills have nothing unless you live in a dead area.

In metropolitans, the collectors are sharks. They go as soon as it opens up, get the good shit, and then leave the scraps for the plebs.
>>
>>319929590
The smell of the store is fine.

The smell of a lot of the customers, however? Whole different story.
>>
>>319930458
yeah man! it's a great place, I've come a few times for some controllers and old Gamecube shit even though I live a few towns over.

some qts working there as well. there's one kinda chubby dude too who always recommends good shit.
>>
>>319928683
>Order game
>Doesn't show up despite tracking saying "delivered"
>Oh, sorry, have a refund
>Like a month later it shows up

I still have no idea what the fuck went on.
I'm not even talking about the package still, somehow, existing and finding it's way to my mailbox, but also how the fuck Amazon just gave me a refund literally right away.

No, of course I didn't correct it and let them know so they could charge me. That 30 dollars went ramen noodles and guiness.
>>
Not really. Only physical games I bought was Splatoon and Wooly World. Reason why is I uninstalled Steam this year and bought a bone for myself and my bro.

Digital purchases between 2 bones copy to both and are playable completely like seperate purchases. First thing that has ever gotten me to go digital, besides Steam of course. Buying 2 games for the price of one is kind of hard to beat. Like it's so good I'm going to have a hard time justifying purchasing a PS4 and the NX as they will become more expensive to maintain than the bone for me.
>>
File: CSJ8qf_UsAAKFIz.jpg (65 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CSJ8qf_UsAAKFIz.jpg
65 KB, 600x800
>>319928428
I use a facebook group where people offer game sales or trades. It's a nice local group and I have made a couple of nice casual friends. Game stores suck and I don't like to pay release prices.
>>
>>319928428
rarely.
usually only if i'm either too excited for a game that i don't want to wait for shipping, or i'm so poor that i actually decide to trade in my games.

last game i physically bought was dragon's dogma from some local chain. small selection but since they were in a mall their business was doing alright, i'm sure.
>>
>>319930740
bc shipments get lost and keeping customers is more important. Plus your order was pretty low. Big orders are usually insured
>>
>>319931259
I guess, but it just sounds so easy to abuse to me that I went into the phone call expecting tons of resistance and excuses.
>>
>>319929767
>bothering you

Stop staying at a store for over 10 mins

You get in and get out fag
>>
File: anc.jpg (30 KB, 600x249) Image search: [Google]
anc.jpg
30 KB, 600x249
torontofag

i go to pic related, its alright. one cool thing about this place is that theres one section in the store, where if you pay $5 you get to play vidya all day long until closing (although you have to bring your own controller, you can rent one to)
>>
>>319929767
>"hello sir, is there anything you are looking for in particular?"
>say no even though i am actually looking for something specific
>>
>>319931448
every time a package i order has the slightest dent in it, I contact them. And they ususally give me 10% or more of the fll price back.
>>
>>319928428
I used to, I prefer physical but now that physical copies are just CD keys on a disk I get my shit online.
>>
>>319931979
And that is why I fucking hate retail fags.
>>
>>319930228
>tfw I paid $20 for MGS1-3, MG1, MG2, MGS4, and MGSPW with some of them being HD
>tfw you almost spent as much as I did for far less
>>
Local store had FE7 for $90.

I shook my head in disappointment and left.
>>
>>319931448
I work for Abercrombie & Fitch/Hollister customer service. We keep track of how many times customers say their shit gets lost. We give people the benefit of the doubt most of the time, but eventually call the postal service and if it's confirmed delivery we label them fraudulent and refuse online service. If they get the wrong items in their order and it's below $300, we let them keep it and resend the correct shit. Really easy to abuse when you have access to the system.
>>
>>319928428
I miss blockier cases; DVD cases just dont have the same charm
>>
>>319932993
Damn that's some grade-a shopping right there anon
How'd you pull it off?
>>
>>319933550
well your gonna be missing DVD cases soon, once everything goes digital
>>
>>319928428
There's a good shop that sells pre owned games and comics, the owner also does some youtube stuff which is a good watch.
>>
>>319933659
>your

That won't happen any time soon.
>>
>>319933790
>That won't happen any time soon.

kek
>>
>>319933881
it won't tho. the majority of gamers still prefer physical copies
>>
>>319928428
I wish I had stores like this. The only one I got has super high prices on everything and its not worth it when ebay is 100% cheaper and usually in better condition then the store.
>>
>>319935083
the majority of gamers are also mindless sheeps
>>
File: 1448751023646.jpg (115 KB, 771x586) Image search: [Google]
1448751023646.jpg
115 KB, 771x586
>>319935242
>The only one I got has super high prices on everything and its not worth it when ebay is 100% cheaper and usually in better condition then the store.
It feels like everything online is cheaper than actual stores in general
>>
>>319928428
I buy literally everything off amazon, new and used. I no longer have any local shops, and GameStop is utter trash.
>>
There's a little chain in Edmonton called Game City. They're all pretty chill guys.
Some of the N64 stuff is overpriced, but everything else is pretty fair.
The guys on the south side stores know their shit, too.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.