[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has this game received almost zero marketing in the west?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (116 KB, 460x250) Image search: [Google]
file.png
116 KB, 460x250
Why has this game received almost zero marketing in the west? It has never even been mentioned at E3, PSX, Gamescom, PAX etc.

Do they think it's too japanese for american audiences or something? Moreso than Ni No Kuni, Nier, and even fucking SMTxFE?

I feel like the Persona games could be pretty popular here if people outside of the ultraweebs knew they existed.
>>
>Why has this game received almost zero marketing in the west?

Umm because its made by the East? Are you fucking retarded? Do you think Japan gets a large marketing budget for call of duty? Fuck no
>>
>>319925726
>I feel like the Persona games could be pretty popular here if people outside of the ultraweebs knew they existed.

Why?
>>
>>319925726
It doesn't need it. It already has an established fan base and will sell just fine without additional promotion.
>>
>Japanese game has no marketing at western events

No way.
>>
It's a Japanese game made by a Japanese company that puts Japan first. All new information and footage is revealed to Japanese audiences and Western fans are encouraged to just watch along.

Any new footage is thus saved for Japanese shows and not for stuff like E3, PSX, or anything like that.
>>
Is there any way to play a previous Persona game on my PS4? I dont want to buy a PSTV for 4G
>>
>>319926459
No. You can just emulate the previous games with little hassle.
>>
>>319926459
Unless Atlus decides to port the games (not likely, it took them until last year to port Persona 4, their most popular game, to PS3's PSN emulation service) then no.
>>
>>319926206
there are TONS of japanese games that get marketed at western events. fucking PSX last week was like 70% japanese games.
Nintendo has shown #FE trailers multiple times, even at their E3 direct, and that game is 20 times more weebish than P5
>>
>>319926856
It's because Atlus is extremely Japanese centric. They focus entirely on Japan and then let Atlus USA bring in whatever shekels they can after the fact.
>>
>>319925726
why pay for marketing when you will spread the word for free OP
>>
>>319926459
Just emulate that shit, P3 ran on an old ass version of PCSX2 and my old 2007 PC. I doubt 4 is going to be any different.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.