[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will I enjoy this if I've never played the original? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
Will I enjoy this if I've never played the original?

Is the game good in general?
>>
>>319922608

X is decent. X-2 is really good if your ass doesn't pinch itself closed tight enough to shit diamonds at the idea of a campy b-movieish "girl power" theme in the game.

There are a few too many mini-games in X-2 though, IMO.

If you've never played the original versions, it's not like you'd have anything to compare it to. You'd be enjoying it or not on its own merits either way.
>>
>>319922608
X was honestly the game that made me dislike Final Fantasy as a series. Play XII instead if you have to play a ps2 era Final Fantasy.
>>
Did they ever fix the bugs that plagued the PS4 release like the random battles not being random and the music not playing properly?
>>
>>319923124
Yes
>>
>>319923124
I'm pretty sure they patched those.
>>
It's fine.
>>
>>319923115
XII was terrible.
>>
>>319922608
The remaster looks bad. Play the original.
>>
>>319924167
Are you a PC gamer by any chance?
>>
>>319924167
The remaster looks fantastic with one major exception: Tidus's stupid fucking anime face. His face in the original release was actually distinctive, in the remaster it is almost impossibly generic
>>
FFX is shit-tier. I played it when it came out, didn't like it that much. THEN, last year, I even gave it another shot by getting the HD remaster. I got further this time around, but it still couldn't keep me playing to the end. It's trash, bro.
>>
File: ffx.jpg (204 KB, 1378x593) Image search: [Google]
ffx.jpg
204 KB, 1378x593
>>319924975
You got that right. Although I would dispute that the rest is fantastic. The whole thing is an insult to the art style of the original.
>>
>>319923301
Fuck you faggot
>>
>>319922608
No and no.
>>
>>319922608
Well, they're basically the same games with some added stuff so, probably.

X has good customability and a lot of content to explore after the game is over. Story is interesting with great beats, but the main character is really annoying.

X-2 has a fun battle system with a lot of really cool combinations you can pull off. If you're in the mood for an interesting set of RPG mechanics, X-2 is amazing. Its story, characters, and even tone are awful. Just trash. Fun and comedic, but also pretty embarrassing. Play it after X, so it makes some sort of sense, but it's a fun game on its own.
>>
>>319925179
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxeZC_Q4hmU
Here's a perfect example of the lazy, uninspired work put into the remaster.
>>
>>319925967
God why did they fuck with the faces, what the fuck. Lazyness doesn't even make sense as an excuse, changing them would have been more work
>>
>>319925967

I'm mostly upset that they never made that blue thing in her hair 3d.
>>
PS2 International is still the best version of X, HD X-2 is better though since X-2 International didn't have enligsh option
>>
>>319922608
At least the PS4 version has the original music.
>>
>>319922608
X is great and the remaster is okay
>>
File: YuRiPa.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
YuRiPa.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
>>319922608
Yes.
Yes: X is a hallway simulator, X-2 is better (except for the story).
>>
Honestly, X is the best game in the series. It's the easiest to get invested in and has a great narrative with some major emotional beats and some nice twist. The story is on par with a movie trilogy, and the gameplay is great. It's one of the few games where gameplay is a major factor long after you've beaten the final boss. Packed full of content and side-missions, secrets and optional stuff, I'd say FFX is truly the greatest final fantasy game. The cast is memorable and they all feel organic and human with actual growth throughout the game. I think the only game that comes close to this would be 13.
>>
>>319929256
>I think the only game that comes close to this would be 13
Surely you mean just the cast right?
>>
>>319927135
>X-2's clunky-ass combat
>better
U WOT
>>
>>319922940
>campy b-movieish "girl power" theme in the game.
but I love futas
>>
>>319929508
Yes. Just the cast. The only area where 13 excels over any other game in the series is the theme. It's got one of the most mature theme and presents it in such a multi-faceted way that anyone who actually played the game and understood what it was trying to accomplish has a lot of great material for discussions. I've had hour long discussions about the game where we talked about no aspect of gameplay or character, just the theme presented.
>>
X is based as fuck with the best turn based JRPG combat and the best level up system that exists.
>>
>>319922608
It's the last Final Fantasy with a really good combat system.
In my opinion, it perfected the turn-based JRPG formula.
>>
>>319926378
It was outsourced to the Chinese.
>>
>>319929586
Beats X, flows really well and job change on the go.
>>
>>319930165
Is this a joke? It was better than many previous FF games in gameplay but still gets blown the fuck out by tons of JRPGs on the PS2.
>>
>>319930923
Okay. name a ps2 JRPG that had better turn based combat.
>>
>>319931109
He can't.
>>
X-2 is fab. The costumes are really cool and the Charlie's Angels theme works
>>
>>319931109
Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga immediately come to mind.
>>
>>319931376
Those were pretty basic and didn't have the turn bar to help you strategize, nor did it let you switch part members and equipments in the middle of battle.
>>
You're actually better off playing this as your first final fantasy game. Not necessarily because its the best but because this game takes a shit on the tenets of the FF series (no overworld, linear progression, etc) and you won't know what you're missing.
>>
>>319931718
>Those were pretty basic and didn't have the turn bar to help you strategize
What the fuck is this even supposed to mean?
>nor did it let you switch part members and equipments in the middle of battle.
They do let you switch party members mid-battle.
>>
File: 1448734658029.jpg (31 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
1448734658029.jpg
31 KB, 555x644
>>319925275

But he's right....XII was bad
>>
Yes OP it's a fun final fantasy game. It has the best Turn Based Combat system in the series, and the best music in my opinion. X-2 has the best Job system in the series. I really wish the two were combined.
>>
>>319931890
The turn bar, nigga. That shit that tells you who's going to get their turn next. Also, FFX WAS a ps2 jrpg.
>>
>>319931852
This. Take this shit out of the way already
>>
>>319925967
Her eyebrows don't move at all in the remaster, that makes a huge difference, she just looks like a wax work
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.