[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4 days left until release. Who /excitedforthisgame/ here? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
4 days left until release.

Who /excitedforthisgame/ here? I can't wait to relive my memories of this game with a new and exciting style of graphics, and no shitty touch screen controls.
>>
1/10
Made me reply
>>
I have it on emulator. No need to wait on unnecessary updated versions.
>>
Those are horrible sprites
>>
>>319921962
>>319921749
ITT: People afraid of change.

Personally, I'm pumped. It's a great excuse to play the game again without feeling like I've done it a million times already. This is going to be fun.
>>
>>319921668
Why would I play this when I could just play the GBA with color and sound hacks, or the SNES version with the Woolsey Uncensored or Relocalization hacks?
>>
>>319921668
Stop shilling this shit the original is way better
>>
>>319921962
>unnecessary updated versions.
This version does make Cyan viable.

It doesn't make it the ideal version or anything but I admit it makes me want to try it.
>>
Is Celes interrogation still cut?
>>
>>319922395
Because this game looks much better than the GBA version. The GBA version is literally the SNES version but worse.

I love FFVI but I couldn't even finish the GBA version it was so bad and ugly, I'll never understand why /v/ tells people that it's an improvement somehow. It's just not.
>>
>>319921668
>new and exciting style of graphics

If only this were the truth
>>
>>319922513
>Because this game looks much better
No it doesn't. It looks like shit. Like a terrible retexturing mod made by fans. With the graphics tweak, the GBA version is pretty much identical to the SNES version. The only real front you could argue on is sound because even with the sound fix, the sound still isn't as good as the SNES version.

Nevermind that you ignored half of my post where I recommended the SNES version, as well.
>>
>>319922685
Well I'm not just referring to you obviously. I've seen /v/ literally shill the GBA version and call it the definitive version. That's not even close to the truth. The GBA version is just an uglier SNES version with a retarded fucking font and ugly portraits.

Stuff like that, and /v/'s hatred of this version, seriously makes me question this board's taste.
>>
>>319922883
I was just giving two versions I'd prefer over this one.

I stick with the SNES because I like the non-slowdown and better sound, and I don't like the graphical style of the phone port.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.