[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best. Game. Ever.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2
File: determination.png (15 KB, 757x245) Image search: [Google]
determination.png
15 KB, 757x245
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/bge20_vote

I know no one gives a fuck (myself included), but if any of these puts Toby down, it should NOT be freaking Melee.
>>
butthurt tr4sh player detected
>>
>smash 4 players are also furries
why does this not surprise me
>>
who cares, it's just both of the respective subreddits carrying those games right now

it's literally "who is more cancerous"
>>
>melee vs tumblrtale

wew lad this is gonna be a doozy
>>
>>319921464
But I play all the smashes and like them equally.
>>
>all these great games such as DQ VIII, RE 4 or San Andreas lost
>meme cancer is in finals

as much as I don't give a shit about Nintendo, I hope one of the Zelda wins, since MGS3 will probably lose this round and it's only normal vidya left
>>
why do you guys care about some neogaf poll again?
>>
>No Tetris

Plebs
>>
>>319922826
Recency bias or whatever it's called negates everything you said.

>>319922930
The same reason why we all want a Cory in the House guide.
>>
>>319922930
If you don't think winning a popularity contest that pulls in over a million votes per round will make a difference, you're deluded.
>>
>>319922981
L-Block already won a Gamefaqs competition for best character years ago, so meh.
>>
>>319923084
>other people's opinions make a huge difference on my own opinions or what I think is a good game or which games are better than which
okay
>>
>>319919497
rused
>>
>>319919497
I love undertale. I have no idea why people are forcing that it's the best game ever.
>>
>>319923158
Not necessarily, but it'll have a large effect on the grand scheme of things. An undeserving game IS and WILL be pushed as the GOAT, that'll have more repurcussions than salty fanboys.
>>
>>319923040

I have no idea what recency bias is, but I'm not aware of anything wrong I wrote
>>
>>319923158
Even if it's just a pleb popular vote, bragging rights is always nice. Every other game already got all the credit it needs though. I'm surprised Undertale didn't get shot down already.

>>319923242
The same reason classic RPG fags cling on to Chrono Trigger. It's a better Earthbound, and probably a better Mother 3 - that's available, and Murrican on top of all else. (Correct me if wrong).
>>
>>319919497
go
back
to
gamefags

its just a popularity contest
no one should care
>>
>memele vs undermeme
We lose regardless.

At least if memele loses we can get some esport tears though
>>
>>319923657
See >>319923287
>>
>>319919497
Nice file name!
>>
>>319923697
I'd like some of that for no reason in particular.
>>
Sadly I think the only fandom that can match or exceed Undertale's faggotry is meleefags
>>
>>319919497
None of those games deserve to be that close to "Best Game Ever" (Although they are good) but if I had to pick one I'd say OoT
>>
>>319921579

Because nintendrones are the same as MLP and sonic fans = they all like shit made for children because they have the mental maturity of said children.
>>
>>319921579
I mean, you have the freedom to say whatever you want, but where do you even make the connection?
>>
>>319919497
They should just put "JOKE GAME" or "GAME X" in the next one, just to see many people are voting ironically.
>>
>>319926227
Or maybe throw Donald Trump in there.
>>
File: ahnijc.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
ahnijc.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>319926227
>Tomorrow
>Undertale vs. Melee
>An unexpected third entry appears in the competition.
>>
>>319923084
Make a difference in what exactly? It's not like we gain anything from this. It's a popularity contest. It's like American Idol for nerds.
>>
>>319919497
I feel like Undertalefags are more likely to take this seriously
>>
>>319926642
It doesn't make a difference to pleb consumers; not even a giant physical trophy makes a difference to pleb consumers, but it would be an interesting turnabout for Toby to beat out all those heavy hitters. That's the obvious implication.
>>
Mario RPG is winning against MGS3.
Why?
>>
>>319926931
Both games are heavy hitters and Mario RPG is just slightly more popular maybe? They're both incredible games in their own right for different reasons. MGS3 is more epic, but in the end, that's not the sole dictator of best game or the poll would be very different.

TL;DR - Just accept it. It's just a poll.
>>
>>319927256
Thanks for the nice reply.
>>
>>319926921
So Toby get's an ego boost. Yay. All we need is another Phil Fish.
>>
give me five reasons that Undertale is the best video game of all time
>>
>>319927893
>A better Earthbound
>Cheap price tag
>Stellar Soundtrack
>Decent amount of choices that affect the environment
>Solid gameplay that has very coherent transitions (bullet-hell, platformer, etc.)
>Good writing
>Game length is short, but content is vast.
>EDGE for people that like EDGE.

For the kind of game Undertale is, it pretty much has it all. Put the fanbase aside and stick to the facts.
>>
>>319927893
>>319928504
And of course all-time best game is extremely suggestive, but in comparison to anything else in The Gamefags listing, it's a definite contender.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.