[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How important it the expansion for Diablo 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Diablo_III_RoS_Cover[1].jpg (90 KB, 256x364) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_III_RoS_Cover[1].jpg
90 KB, 256x364
How important it the expansion for Diablo 3?
>>
Absolutely necessary. The game is great with it and blah without it.
>>
>>319906402
A lot. You can play the base game, beat it once over a few weeks, but then you're gonna get bored.

ROS gives you Bounties/Rifts (Bounties are missions from the campaign, like clear that cave or save that dude, and they have good rewards). Rifts are separate, hard maps that are great to farm for the endgame.

The endgame is getting to the maximum Greater Rift you can. You can also mess around with more classes, extract legendary powers, and so on.

tl;dr Only buy Diablo 3 without ROS if you plan on buying ROS after a few weeks.
You can download the Diablo3 trial from Blizzard, and it goes from levels 1-14ish if you wanna see if you like it.
>>
>>319906402
Fundamental
>>
>>319906402
without the expansion you get e neutered experience and no additional content

it's pretty sad really
even the new areas next patch i think require the expansion
>>
File: harbinger2.webm (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
harbinger2.webm
2 MB, 800x600
>>319907647
Also every patch fix all of the everything
>>
Thanks for the heads up.

>>319906862

>You can download the Diablo3 trial from Blizzard, and it goes from levels 1-14ish if you wanna see if you like it.

Yeah just finished the demo, a big Upgrade Now window poped up.
>>
>>319906402
Just download PoE instead. It's better and free, and new league just started

inb4 Blizzard defense force
>>
>>319906806
Actually, the game is blah with it and absolutely shit without it.
>>
>>319909839
Sorry, I'm not exactly a fan of multiplayer. I tried to play multiplayer in d2 but couldn't get into it. Same with PoE
>>
>>319910142
That's a pretty big strike against buying D3 desu though

I love the game and look forward to playing a ton every patch, but it's definitely built for multiplayer. You can play singleplayer but if you're interested in progression it's gonna take you much longer to do what people can do in MP
>>
>>319910142
>I'm not a fan of multiplayer
Then play solo, genius.
>>
>>319906402
All I know is the version I played on my Mac a couple years ago was way different than the one I rented for my PS4 last year
>>
File: 1448486434403.png (188 KB, 492x440) Image search: [Google]
1448486434403.png
188 KB, 492x440
>>319906402
Sale when? I was hoping for one in black friday but Blizz put EVERYTHING on sale except Diablo
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.