[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some gameplay features you would add/change to MGSV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 748x926) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 748x926
What are some gameplay features you would add/change to MGSV to make it better?
>>
>>319905614

Core gameplay is fine, just give me something to do.
>>
>>319905729
/thread

Gameplay was not the problem. Apply yourself when creating your next thread, OP.
>>
>>319905614
OOGA BOOGA WHERES THE DLC??
>>
>>319905614
Enemies that fought eachother, more stuff in between bases than collectable plants. Basically the world felt static.

Otherwise the gameplay was very good.
>>
>>319905614
Add mission variety.
Add non sterile open-world.
Add a real campaign.
Make it non-boring.

MGSV sucked balls gameplaywise, Kojimadrones are confusing decent controls with good gameplay.
>>
The sound mechanics need an overhaul.

If some guy shoots at a wolf others should react as they would to regular gunfire from the player. Guards should also have to radio in or activate an alarm to initiate the alert phase like the old games. If you shoot his walkie talkie then he should shout for help and that should have a sound radius associated with it.

There's also a huge problem where all weapons, including near silent ones like the water pistol and C4 detonator, share the same auditory value to enemies who are in an alert phase. This makes setting off distractions to escape nearly impossible most of the time.
>>
>>319905614
Nothing, it's perfect.

I hate it for other reasons.
>>
How about these mujahideen that the Soviets are there to fight?
>>
>>319905614
i would rename it "the quiet game" and have you play as quiet
also add a mechanic about her farting
yeah
>>
File: 1166926427991.png (53 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1166926427991.png
53 KB, 400x400
I was good this year, Santa Boss, so please give me:

1) randomized animal placement
2) a LOT more plants and animals
3) DD staff members as buddies
4) more Mother Base activities besides target practice
5) improved climbing (being able to crawl over two-inch high ledges, not having to contextually climb rocks the size of a stair, being able to climb up slopes an ordinary able-bodied civilian could handle)
>>
>>319905614
Am i the only one with a compulsion to clean every base?. I basically have to take down every enemy with cqc so then i can collect every resource easily. How do you guys do it?
>>
>>319907149

this
and the soviets shouldnt just let you run away so easily

the games too damn easy
>>
>>319907814
Turn off markers and reflex.
>>
>>319907624
Sit down somewhere, aim mk2, shoot literally anywhere on their body, just be quick with it and tag everyone with sleeping darts
Its so fucking easy especially with nonexistent level design which you can cheese through every level easily
>>
>>319907624
>Am i the only one with a compulsion to clean every base?

Nope, I'm the same way. Gotta hold up every single man. Some of them for kidnapping, some of them so they can tell me where diamonds are, the rest just to make the outpost easier.

It feels GOOD to run an outpost. They don't stay captured forever, so you have to enjoy it.
>>
>>319908075
oh man thats the most hilarious fucking thing to do
>>
>>319908075
yeah but my autism dictate i can only do it with cqc. If i do it in any other way, like just shooting everyone, it would become to easy and i would probably lose my interest in continue playing. This game is really repetitive desu. Pretty much my only incentive to continue playing is to find a way to take out everyone with cqc without getting discovered. I'm not even halfway through the game
>>
File: the end's early days.jpg (160 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
the end's early days.jpg
160 KB, 1200x800
Aside from what people already said, nonlethal and fultoning nigs make %90 of the game piss-easy once you acquire any of them. They should have more drawbacks.
I know that the fulton is one of the most essential tools in the game, seeing as it's how you get all those tanks and guys at your base, but it's just so easy to abuse it's not funny.
>>
>>319907034
the hivemind AI is an issue in general, even if you do manage to set off a distraction if ONE guard just sees a pixel of you the entire base instantly knows your exact location. artificial difficulty as fuck.
>>
File: 1448477961311.gif (186 KB, 678x422) Image search: [Google]
1448477961311.gif
186 KB, 678x422
>>319909332
>playing the game using tools that make it easy would bore me
>so instead I stick to an approach that challenges me, increasing my enjoyment of the game

That's not autism. That's common sense, and a lot of rage could be defused if more people on /v/ thought this way.
>>
File: 1444329404518.jpg (59 KB, 570x714) Image search: [Google]
1444329404518.jpg
59 KB, 570x714
Remove Reflex and marker (Though they could be developed as a pill and a Solid eye as high end upgrade)

Mujahideen fighters attacking soviets checkpoints with different approach and at random interval.

2 more huge base in Afghanistan, and more patrol in the streets and checkpoint as the game progress. Also more dindu attacking dindu in africa (Child optional)

Plated tanks and helicopter with huge guns that aren't fultonable that serve as mini vehicle boss on the map.

More missions designs! Could as wacky as the MGS2 VR, like photograph mission, ghost hunting, bomb defusing or even GENOLA!
>>
>>319910008
you can turn off reflex and markers in the options
>>
>>319906286
The gameplay is fine yes. But what can you even do to the world to make it better ? I don't think its a problem but I see a lot of posters babble about this.

Its a war torn land and youre an agent who tries to not be seen
>>
Linear
>>
>>319910162
Reminder linearity overall detracts from versatility in all gameplay aspects.
>>
>>319910008
>more dindu attacking dindu in africa (Child optional)

I wanted more neutral factions and enemy/enemy conflicts overall, but the fact that the PFs in Africa were all totally cooperative with each other was just ridiculous. They should've been at each other's throats!
>>
>>319910156
the base gameplay is fine, but the open world needed more dynamic elements and more moving parts in general to make it interesting. randomized animals and patrols, different sides fighting each other. i was floored in Africa when they went through the trouble of setting up these three PFs fighting for control of Africa and there's not a single instance of them setting arms on one another.
>>
>>319910156
The gameplay is far from bad, but it could be made better in a lot of ways. That's the topic we're discussing here.
>>
File: ColonelAI.png (96 KB, 252x376) Image search: [Google]
ColonelAI.png
96 KB, 252x376
>>319910089
I know, but the game would have been better without it, especially when its turn on by default.
>>
>>319910008
markers are fan fucking tastic though. It gives you a reason to actually scout out the base with your binocs first.

Reflex is fun.

The only thing MGSV needs is more bases like OKB zero.
>>
>>319910584
i hate that if you turn off markers it turns off ALL the markers, even the ones for objectives. like it would have been difficult for them to differentiate the two in the options screen. Konami are such cheapasses jfc.
>>
>>319910584
Yes but it make the game too easy. Wall hack should have been a binocular high end upgrade.

OKB Zero without that and reflex is where the money's at.
>>
File: adonbilivit.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
adonbilivit.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>319910483
Just imagine a Total Stealth mission where you had all those PFs doing a Mexican standoff in an area where you needed to snatch something that all those PFs are also looking for.
There's nothing but chaos, you have no idea what the fuck is going on, and you absolutely MUST act fast because you need to find the thing before any of the PFs do, and in the meanwhile you must avoid all those guys.
>>
I wish the enemy bases were more unique and had more to discover, like unique officers, intel or blueprints. And these would not be side ops. Also neither the Base Camp nor Camp Omega felt huge, they should have had more buildings to traverse through. All of the stealth focused on the outdoors when it should have varied between interiors and outside.
>>
File: kandahar-11.jpg (384 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
kandahar-11.jpg
384 KB, 1600x1200
More pic related
>>
>>319910089
The game is still based around you using them.
>>
>>319913443
Who cares? If you're as hardcore as you think you are, it won't be a problem.
>>
Has anyone said Coop yet? Why the fuck did you put it in peacewalker but not this game. I want to operate with my friend
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.