[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just donated $100 to Psychonauts 2 fig >it's already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12
File: psychonauts.png (4 MB, 4278x2000) Image search: [Google]
psychonauts.png
4 MB, 4278x2000
>just donated $100 to Psychonauts 2 fig
>it's already over 75% funded
>Psychonauts is one of my favorite games
>don't even care what /v/ thinks about Tim Schafer

Feels good man.
>>
congratulations, you gave money to a jew who will never finish the game. you didn't learn from broken age so you deserve this.
>>
Good for you, man. I'm not donating a cent but I hope the game comes out and is excellent.

Inb4 people getting weirdly angry at you and caring way too much about what you spend your money on.
>>
>>319902394
but Broken Age was finished and released. what's your point?
>>
Let's see how many (You)s you can buy for a 100 bucks
>>
How much do people think this will make? It's only a week and they're 75% funded, still got a month left.
>>
https://twitter.com/TheBestGamers/status/673434515415638016
>>
>>319902596
I take it you didn't played the second part.
>>
>>319902596
After receiving millions over what they asked and splitting the game in to two parts so part one could fund part two.
>>
>>319902170
>don't even care what /v/ thinks about Tim Schafer
That's good, Anon. That's exactly what Tim Schafer wants you to think. You'll be getting exactly what you deserve from this title.
>>
File: 1437271530603.jpg (163 KB, 499x750) Image search: [Google]
1437271530603.jpg
163 KB, 499x750
>tfw Tim Schafer is an anagram for Mr Shitface
>>
>>319903310
It was still finished though.

If the same thing happens to psychonauts I won't care so long as it's good.
>>
File: 1396636779077.jpg (131 KB, 1284x1057) Image search: [Google]
1396636779077.jpg
131 KB, 1284x1057
>>319902170
>just donated $100 to Psychonauts 2
>>
Didn't see the trailer, but someone said Raz made that fucking lumberjack out of psychic energy.
Legit?
>>
>>319903519
Double Fine hasn't had the best track record with their last few games. You're taking on a pretty big risk.
>>
>>319902170
why did you make this thread
>>
Okay, so I'm going to be totally serious about my position on this "should I trust Tim Schafer?" issue. I know nobody asked for it, but I feel like I kind of have to say it.

I backed Double Fine Adventure and ultimately didn't enjoy it (it's not a bad game exactly, it just didn't fit the remit of a classic adventure game), I didn't back Massive Chalice, and I think the Space Base issues were handled very badly.

I'm still going to give money to Psychonauts 2. I've never played the first one, and I probably never will.

This year I had a beloved series of mine come back on Kickstarter to triple record-breaking success, and I saw a lot of people who had never played the series pledge because they wanted to see the fans of Shenmue get what they want.

That's why I'm throwing in for Psychonauts 2 despite no connection for the series, or much love for Double Fine. I know there are lofty expectations, but in good faith at least based on the desire to do right by fans, I think if the game is funded it will turn out fine. Effectively, I want to thank any Psychonauts fans who helped make Shenmue III happen, by making Psychonauts 2 a thing.

I'm going to pledge not for Tim Schafer, but for the fans. I think they are the ones who will ultimately lose out if this doesn't happen. Tim and Double Fine will move on to another project, and that'll be that. The fans will get left in the dust thinking about what could have been, and that sucks.

So that's why I'm throwing in for Psychonauts 2.
>>
>>319904156
You're a faggot.
>>
File: a bad time.gif (1 MB, 438x292) Image search: [Google]
a bad time.gif
1 MB, 438x292
>>319902170
>Blinded by those rose tinted glasses
>Not looking at the recent projects he's worked on
>Is notorious for mismanaging projects and delivering sub par products
>Still gives him money
>Feels good

I guess ignorance really is bliss.

Hope those glasses come in handy when you're beloved title becomes a crushing disappointment.
>>
>>319903978
true, but I'm happy to take it. Don't regret backing broken age. I wish it was better, but they definitely delivered what I backed it for. And in the end it was pretty good.

I expect psychonauts 2 will go a lot smoother for them.
>>
>>319904156
you're a fucking idiot for wasting your money on something you probably won't even play

Shenmue III will ultimately not live up to your expectations
>>
>>319902170
I'm looking forward to Psychonauts 2 but fuck donating money towards it. Tim Schafer has made good video games but he can't manage a project competently to save his life.

I look forward to playing Psychonauts 2 in 2022 after a couple more kickstarters and a long stint in early access.
>>
>Im throwing my money away and you can't stop me! NYAH! NYAH!

I'm so glad you made a thread just to tell us that.
>>
>>319902170
>already over 75% funded
It was at 50% day one, that was over a week ago
Not exactly a crazy success
>>
>>319904156

>>319904293

It's pasta bro
>>
>>319902170
Nigga you blinded nostalgia, i bet you gave your money to scamcept too
>>
>>319904305
His last few projects in chronological order:
>Psychonauts
Excellent
>Brutal Legend
Good, but RTS stuff turned a lot of people of including myself. I skipped this one.
>Broken Age
In spite of everything /v/ says, it was still a good game in the end. Not great but good.

Yeah, I'm not particularly turned off. Lots of projects are mismanaged that turn into absolutely god tier games. I'm willing to roll the dice here. I hope it's an excellent game, but even if it's only pretty good I'll be happy to have backed.
>>
>>319902170

Shafer is a lazy scam artist, but I really think he intends to deliver with Psychonauts 2.

The first game is what really solidified his place in the gaming industry, and what let him launch 4 successive kickstarter failures.

I feel like psychonauts 2 is going to one of Shafer's best games, just so he can continue to milk random kickstarters for another decade
>>
>>319904592
>It was at 50% day one
No it wasn't
>Not exactly a crazy success
?
>>
>>319904749
they only did 2 kickstarters. both were successful and delivered upon.
>>
>>319904732
>What is Stacking, Massive Chalice, Spacestation something, and I'm forgetting a few others

Stacking was bretty gud tho
>>
File: geno.jpg (180 KB, 578x651) Image search: [Google]
geno.jpg
180 KB, 578x651
>Paying, Overpaying even, for a game you know literally nothing about except [NAME]

You remember Duke Nukem Forever right?
>>
>>319905132
Those were not Tim's projects.
>>
Tim Schafer is a big fag, but at least he's got some programmers in Double Fine.

Now THESE guys...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/project-phoenix-japans-indie-rpg-feat-aaa-talent/posts/1437738
>>
File: 1448827339278.png (358 KB, 357x720) Image search: [Google]
1448827339278.png
358 KB, 357x720
>>319905209
That game was just fine, Anon. A little out of its time, but enjoyable all the same.
>>
>>319905209
He's already said that the gameplay will be similar to the first game (i.e. 3D platformer) but tweaked for the better since they now have more experience working on this kind of game. The original writing/art team is back. I already have a better idea how this game will play and feel than I know about Shenmue 3.
>>
File: tim3.jpg (91 KB, 520x291) Image search: [Google]
tim3.jpg
91 KB, 520x291
>giving this guy money

Not even once
>>
>>319903519
>>319902596
Don't know if this is bait but if you think part 2 was "finished" you clearly didn't play the game.

If finished to you means rehashing the same areas you've already been through with only a few new rooms and a rushed resolution to a conflict leaving the rest of the story to be told through static pictures in the credits scene, then yes. I suppose the game is "finished".
>>
i'm sure they need the money, well done
>>
File: 1340929942134.png (91 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1340929942134.png
91 KB, 247x248
>leave negative comment on the announcement trailer
>surprisingly, not a single fan arguing with me or getting upset
>no replies, no nothing after a few days
>not a single other negative comment on the video either
>everyone positive, everyone happy about the product, everyone getting hype
>log in from another account
>comment nowhere to be found
>literally getting shadowbanned for daring to criticize Mr Shitface
>>
>>319904732
>just listing the ones with most publicity

Nigga do some research. They have made far more than 3 games if you start counting at Psychonauts. If you've only heard of those 3 and pledged, then I understand, but ylu seriously need to put some research in so your disappointment in check when the game drops.
>>
>>319902170
I absolutely adore the first Psychonauts, but if this ends up being some cheap episodic thing I swear to god.
>>
>>319906174
Those are the only games made by Tim. The Double Fine games were from other people.
>>
File: Kotick.jpg (170 KB, 1023x668) Image search: [Google]
Kotick.jpg
170 KB, 1023x668
>>319903125
Mr 3.3 is trustworthy and surely the right person to have in charge of a 20 million dollar project.
>>
>>319904937
I don't think failing to meet deadlines and asking for more money is delivering. Kickstarting a game then cancelling promised support for it certainly isn't it.
>>
>>319902596
Is that worth playing? I'm generally patient with my video games, but it started so slow and was completely different than what I expected (Only other doublefine game I've played was Psychonauts and I didn't follow Broken Age's development at all--I have no clue what it is) that I just powered down went to bed, and haven't thought of it since... until now.
>>
>>319905635
Like, I don't get the point of that video, it's not endearing watching some fat lazy fuck who brings sock puppets on stage play with money he didn't earn.
>>
>>319907638
>I don't think failing to meet deadlines
They threw out the broken age original deadline since it was originally going to be a shitty flash game made in 6 months. Obviously weren't going to do that with 3.3 million. Anyone who wasn't happy could get their money back. Not sure how they could have done anything better than that.

>asking for more money
Never happened

>Kickstarting a game then cancelling promised support for it certainly isn't it.
Source? Never heard of that.

People have a tendency of thinking that Tim promised to do things that he never did. I have no idea why.
>>
>>319906089
>Please do not do anything that we do not like, even if we aren’t sure yet what that is.

That's one of the rules of their forum
>>
>>319907760
it's not bad, but not amazing. If you didn't like the start, you probably won't care for the rest of it.
>>
File: Double Cucks.png (284 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Double Cucks.png
284 KB, 1024x1024
>>319908054
>Not sure how they could have done anything better than that.

You're delusional
>>
>>319908183
I'm delusional because I'm not sure about something?
What would you prefered they do then?
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6247831
>>
>>319908080
Sounds bad. Registration aborted.
>>
>>319906537
To be fair, I'd say Tim Schafer was an actual developer on Costume Quest.
>>
>>319908812
>I'd say Tim Schafer was an actual developer on Costume Quest.
Why would you say that? Maybe he worked on it in some form. He is involved in all the games made being CEO. It wasn't his game though.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 625x626
>>319908757
>>
>>319908757
None of these are good choices for your 10 bucks bro
>>
>>319902170
>hurr durr I love this franchise so I'll pay a jew to shit on it
this is you
>>
>>319908329
I would have preferred they got the scope of the game right
I would have preferred they didn't go over budget and split the game in 2 parts
I would have preferred the puzzles weren't so fucking easy in the first part and so bad
I would have preferred the second part didn't reuse all the places and npcs of the first part
I would have preferred the game was actually remotely funny
I would have preferred Gilbert actually working on the project
I would have preferred the documentary episodes coming out regularly

I can even go on
>>
>>319909384
me too.

I wish all the games i ever played were better than they are. I wish all the games I don't like where games do like. With regards to handing the kickstarter itself though, they did pretty well.

>I would have preferred the documentary episodes coming out regularly
wut? They did.
>>
>>319902170
>>just donated $100 to Psychonauts 2 fig
>>just donated $100
>>just donate
Confirmed for shill. Tim, get the fuck out.
>>
>>319902170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d070s_WtCkk

Let DSP tell it straight
>>
File: Tim_Schafer_2011.jpg (401 KB, 680x994) Image search: [Google]
Tim_Schafer_2011.jpg
401 KB, 680x994
Just donate anon, you know you want to. It's going to be everything you dream of, I promise!
>>
>>319902170

/v/ isn't your personal blog schnuckylumps
>>
>>319909686
>wut? They did.
No they didn't, that's bullshit.

Almost every time they came weeks or even a full month late and there would be people mad that episodes weren't coming out

>I wish all the games i ever played were better than they are.

what the fuck of an excuse is that?

> With regards to handing the kickstarter itself though, they did pretty well.

You should check out Pillars of Eternity, Undertale and Shovel Knight. Those are kickstarters that did pretty well.
>>
>>319910374
>Almost every time they came weeks or even a full month late and there would be people mad that episodes weren't coming out
Late based on what? I recall them being maybe a month behind real time? Editing hour long films takes time it turns out.

>what the fuck of an excuse is that?
It's not one

>Those are kickstarters that did pretty well.
They did!
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.