[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have hundreds of games >don't wanna play any >"I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: 1380306551371.png (297 KB, 750x734) Image search: [Google]
1380306551371.png
297 KB, 750x734
>have hundreds of games
>don't wanna play any
>"I have nothing to do"
>>
File: 1372729340459.jpg (140 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1372729340459.jpg
140 KB, 640x480
get a job. Makes you appreciate your time more

>Have a hundred games to play
>Dont want to play any
>BUT FUCK AT LEAST IM NOT AT WORK RIGHT NOW
>>
>>319895807
>have a job
>the above still applies
>>
>>319895807
Not OP but I agree with his sentiment

I think our problem is that we have such a huge backlog that we have a hard time picking something and sticking to it. I'm trying to get into Front Mission 3 but I still have to finish Lisa and I do triweekly Undertale genocide runs for lols
>>
File: poohsickofyourshit.png (104 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
poohsickofyourshit.png
104 KB, 320x287
>>319895807
>have a job
>only ever feel like playing shitty casual games with my friends after work
>>
>>319895807
pretty much this. theres supposed to be a balance between things you do because you have to and things you do because you like them.
>>
File: Bethesda Games.jpg (51 KB, 402x450) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda Games.jpg
51 KB, 402x450
>>319895685
>Want to play a bethesda game
>Building up the modlist to be perfect takes up almost as much time as doing the main quest
>If one little thing fucks up I have to tear shit down to find the problem before building back up again
Happened to me the other day, found out that FNIS got permafucked giving me a god damn T-Pose and reinstalling FNIS alone doesn't help shit. Had to remove all my mods and work back up from vanilla installation.
>>
>>319896002
>Drop game after like 3 hours, becuase you want to try one of the other hundred or so games in your backlog.
>Never finish anything
>If you go back to it, you need to restart.

>>319895807
>Have no job
>Jobcenter tells you to go to mandatory work placement, for "experience"
I wish I had a job desu.
>>
>>319896445
>>Have no job
fast food joints and retail stores are hiring all year long desu
>>
>>319895807
having a job is the best shit ever. it makes you appreciate stuff even more.
>>
>>319895807
When I was a NEET I suffered from panic disorder, depression, and at least a few other shitty things.

Now that I'm back in college and working, I just don't have time to ask or care about existence and other scams.

It feels good being able to wake up without vomiting.
>>
>>319895807
That doesn't solve the problem of not playing video games.
>>
>>319896783
videogames are for children.
>>
>>319896526
Yeah, and how many other people do you think are applying?
Youth unemployment is massive becuase
>Muh experience
>Boomers not retiring and freeing up spaces
The second part is the worst, becuase some boomer bitch once told me she went back to work because she was bored of retirement. Fuck.

Anyway, yeah you have a bunch of people competing for dead end jobs.
>>
>>319896689
I told you that shit was all in your head, you didn't want to listen.
>>319896783
It removed the bad feeling you get from not wanting to play them and because your time is finite, you will enjoy it so much more when you do the play them
>>
>>319896892
Nah, Youth Unemployment is an issue because

1. They always come up with a reason not to do something

2. Massive entitlement issues.

>Im not going to apply because other people are applying!!

Then dont piss and moan when you dont have a job. Entry level positions don't require experience and there is a constant flow of people getting hired, fired and quitting because fuck it pays like shit and no one wants to do it
>>
>>319895807
I don't agree. Instead of forcing yourself to spend time doing something not fun so you appreciate when you have time to have fun, you could spend that free time on doing something for your future. Do you want to make a game? Travel around the world? Or something else? You could spend that time on doing stuff to accomplish these things. Otherwise you'll be always trapped with that feeling of "i have nothing to do".

Even if OP doesn't have any future desires, he doesn't seem to enjoy the present. Why should he delude himself even more by getting a work? He should focus on doing things that he enjoys or will enjoy. After all, that's the ultimate motivation that moves us to do what we do.
>>
>Go to work, feel empty inside like I would feel nothing if I died right there, wish I was at home playing videogames
>Go home
>Don't feel like playing any videogames

Just end it
>>
File: 1388292669603.png (12 KB, 386x381) Image search: [Google]
1388292669603.png
12 KB, 386x381
>get job
>get home tired
>too tired to turn on my battle station
>only play mobile games during work
>>
>>319897256
It's not really a matter of choice. If you arent a rich kid born with a silver spoon in your mouth. You're going to have to work to live. It's just a matter of balancing how many hours you want to work contrasted to how high your quality of life will be.

I currently work 3 jobs. I dont get much time off, but the time I do get off I enjoy every second of. Meanwhile, /v/'s basement dweller societies whines about how hard life is when they have no responsibilities.
>>
>>319897494
>Thinks his job is tiring
>He can play on his phone all day problem

Just wait until you get a real job Anon
>>
>>319897040
Never said I dont apply.
But nice b8 faggot.
>Entry level stuff doesnt require experience
Clearly you dont apply for many jobs. I've seen fucking factory work asking for experience, deeming it "essential".
>>
>>319897494

Anyone who complains about this either works shit hours, or has a terrible diet and sleep regiment.
>>
>>319897684
300k starting as McDonalds cashier
>>
>>319897684
I do data entry and Im allowed to do whatever I want with my phone as long as I finish my work. Hitting auto a few times isn't as hard as you think.
>>
>>319895807
>emulate games at work
>don't play any at home
At least I'm playing some classics I've missed
>>
>>319897867
How do I get a job in data entry?
>>
>want to play another game
>keep playing cs:go, dota 2, dark souls
>>
>>319898049
Look for a job in data entry and apply. Lie and say you have experience in whatever program they use and then google it after.
>>
>>319897603
It's fine if you work to sustain yourself, but I was talking about people who start working not because of economical needs, but because they don't know what else to do.
>>
File: 1449517612306.jpg (93 KB, 576x384) Image search: [Google]
1449517612306.jpg
93 KB, 576x384
>A hundred different games I want to play/replay
>Can't choose one
>Finally pick one at random
>Play for 10 mnutes
>Ehhh, actually wait, maybe I should play this other one instead
>Repeat
>>
>>319897703
Whatever homo. At my job we hire no experience people for our billing call center all year round. Each new hire class monthly is usually 10-15 pepole and we always need more applications. Fucking look around. Call centers, door to door sales, walmart, fast food, get fucking real jobs are everywhere.

Pizza places will post job searches for drivers on Craigslist because we need people so bad.
>>
>>319895807
>work as a businees analyst
>spend all day treating job like my two favourite things puzzle games and EVE
>get home
>no will to play anything
>just watch anime or stare out the window listening to music
>sleep
>>
>>319897774
Not him.
I was a dishwasher, that was awful. You make barely above minimum wage to work through your entire shift non stop and then if the waiters get behind you get to stop washing dishes and go collect dishes to pile up so you get to stay even longer after your shift is already over as you play catch up. If you're really lucky the managers will get on to you for not cleaning the restrooms like you're supposed to, and of course when it's time to take out the garbage you better stop washing dishes even though it's the busiest part of the night and spring through the parking lot so you can get it done and all the cans re bagged before the servers start dropping dishes on the floor because there's no more room to fit dishes on the sink.

The hours sucked shit too. If I was lucky I'd get a whopping nine hours in between shifts on the weekend. That's assuming I don't stay over, which I almost always did of course.
>>
That's what happens when you pay 4 cents for things or pirate 7004 games in a week.

You no longer value them.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.