[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fast Racing Neo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: FAST-Racing-Neo-Key-Artwork.jpg (286 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
FAST-Racing-Neo-Key-Artwork.jpg
286 KB, 1152x648
This game came out two days ago, why isn't anyone talking about it?
Starting the thread with a few observations i did on weight:
Not only does weight make steering and strafing less precise, it also greatly increases speed loss from turning and driving uphill.
Bliss is my carfu
>>
>>319894725
whats hero mode? I heard it being something like f-zero but haven't unlocked it yet
>>
Been using Spaarc myself.

I'm not too sure how to go about curves at high speeds though, last racing game I played was F-Zero X and there I just double tapped the tilt button to bash and conserve momentum for maximum fast.
>>
>>319895431
You just have to start turning in time.
>>
>>319895170
You start with a full boost meter that also acts as your shield. If you take a hit with no shields left, you crash instantly. Cashing forces you to restart and to make progress you have to finish first. It's only available on hypersonic.
>>
Haven't bought it yet, but damn that OST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQe0qnHammo
>>
What are the controls like?
>>
>>319896439
It's even better when put in contex.
This is mu current favorite track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXsIafGJZM8
>>
>>319896453
Do you mean good/bad, or do you want a more detailed description?
>>
File: shitty font in that title.png (194 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
shitty font in that title.png
194 KB, 800x600
I can't see it as anything else.
>>
Because it's a fucking car game who cares.
>>
>>319894725
Is this the new f zero?
>>
So... is it worth?
>>
Is it just me, or are the time trials really easy to beat?
>>
>>319898439
Definitely worth 15$. It's one of the best indie games to date.
>>
>>319898426

More like Wipeout with Ikaruga mechanics. There's a "polarity" system and no weapons.
>>
>>319894725
So heavier cars are just shittier?
>>
how fast is fast neo racing?
>>
Any word on a pc release? This looks cool, but I don't think I'd buy a wii u for it.
>>
>>319898443
With no opponents to hog your orbs it's just you and the track. Oddly enough I've had the hardest time beating the Scorpio Circuit time.
>>
Any words on fixing the online?
I played litteraly one online race but the perspective of a freeze at any moment just kills my enjoyment.
>>
>>319894725
Looks like it's missin the polish of fzero and the physics of wipeout. I'll probably buy it because I love fzero and wipeout, but it looks like a phone game honestly.
>>
>>319899221

Never. Shin'en is a third-party Nintendo developer with only one of their games ported to PS4.
>>
>>319898887
It's more like a mix between wipeout and f-zero, tracks aren't on GX level but gameplay and speed almost are
>>
>>319898426
>>319898887
I'd describe it as a less floaty Wipeout with a big emphasis on strafing.
>>
I'll probably pick this up when I get access to my Wii U again.

Can anyone tell me the full size of the game? I've got a 32GB console, but I'm also picking up XCX so I'm worried about running out of space.
>>
>>319899221
Buying an entire console for a $15 game is a big no. Shin'en is exclusively a Nintendo developer so a port doesn't seem likely.
>>
>>319899030
Heavier cars have higher top speeds. You can also negate speed loss by boosting.
>>
>>319894725
>why isn't anyone talking about it?

Because it doesn't have Mario or little squid girls in it.
>>
>>319899936
>I don't know anything at all about marketing
>>
>>319899752
1GB
>>
>>319899752
It's 590MB but you'll need a gig in total for the install.
>>
>>319899527
The game is actually pretty polished. The controls are tight and track designs are quite diverse. The gameplay is much more simplistic than f-zero, but that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable.
>>
How are the tracks?
>>
>>319900438
Okay that's better than I was expecting, thanks.
>>
>>319900789
Varying in both gameplay and visual design. Some of them are pretty brutal, especially on higher difficulties.
>>
>>319898716
>one of the best indie games to date
>setting the bar this low

Is it good as a racing game or not?
>>
>>319901337
It's an excellent arcade racer. To my knowledge hypersonic is the faster than any other racing game.
>>
Is the iso up somewhere?
5.6 must be around the corner, and subsequently, the exploit for 5.4
>>
>>319902037

Its 5 bucks dude. stop being so poor
>>
>>319900065
Neither does Nintendo
>>
I'm a bit afraid that Fulcon will become the only viable car for online play.
>>
Any words on the bugs of the online mode? Or is it just for people with shit HDDs?
>>
>>319904321
Online causes my console to freeze every now and then. My internet connection is pretty good, so i don't think that's the issue.
>>
It's a good game for its low price.
>>
>>319904321
game freezes for most people who tried to play it online. also online works only for slowest (novice cup) speed.
Don't buy it for online
>>
File: music man.gif (20 KB, 131x146) Image search: [Google]
music man.gif
20 KB, 131x146
the music is pretty good
>>
>>319906173
Calling it the novice cup is pretty misleading.
>>
Very simple game, doesn't nearly compare to Wipeout or from zero and you can beat it in a afternoon. It is fun while it lasts but you won't want to go back to it except for splitscreen lulz
>>
>>319906303
I'm pretty bad at racing games, and have little experience with them (especially sci fi themed), still on first try without knowing a tracks managed to get 1st place on at least half of tracks from 4 cups.
Pretty sure if to remember tracks - getting 1st on all of them is not that hard
>>
What is your favorite track? Which car is your favorite?
My personal favorites are Zvil raceway and Bliss.
>>
>>319906596
still better than Wipeout 2048 tho.
>>
Based on the amount of people who have beaten the first cup, it would seem that the game has sold about 15K copies.
>>
>>319907639
Sequel when
>>
>>319908346
It would be interesting to see a full-budget sequel.
>>
Looks interesting. I haven't seen a futuristic racing game in a long time.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.