[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get better at fighting bosses in bloodborne? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
How do I get better at fighting bosses in bloodborne? I'm really enjoying the game but it seems like every boss so far I've had to summon a friend to help me kill. I got Vicar Amelia down to like 1/8th of her health but the idea of doing more grinding to resupply just to die again is really daunting.

Can anyone offer advice? besides "git gud" and "just dodge and attack"
>>
Parrying works for some bosses. But really it is just git gud, at both parrying and dodging. I always just hang back a bit at the beginning of a fight, observe their moveset and then play very carefully.
>>
>>319893698
You should know every move they can make and when they like to make it (mostly it comes down to the distance between you and it and if you've been damaging it lately). Once you know that you learn how to dodge it.

You learn that by running in head first and lasting long enough to observe it. The better you are at pattern recognition the less times it will take to learn it all.
>>
Roll TOWARDS bosses and THROUGH their attacks. It was counter intuitive to me, to.

Don't waste stuff you'll need to grind up for, just try to get the hang of it barely healing a couple times. Learn attack tells and distances.
>>
>>319893698
The best way for you to resupply is to go to central yharnam, go left through the gate, kill the 2 trolls below and go through the two story house back to the bridge. Then kill the werewolves and the troll and head back to the dream from the bridge lamp.
>>
>trying to help people beat orphan
>they die within 30 seconds
God damnit just stand aside and let me beat him for u
>>
>>319893819
I think my problem is that I put too many points in vit and not enough in endurance.
>>
>>319893698

Common sense, study and exploiting glitches.

Amelia for example is a beast. Therefor vulnerable to fire and serrated weapons. She also uses her arms primarily for attack and healing herself. Break that shit.
>>
>>319894170
See my post about not enough points in endurance. I didn't think I was able to do that in this game...

>>319894210
Does this give decent echoes? I've been running the hemwick lane circle.

It's really frustrating because like I said I'm really enjoying the game otherwise.

>>319894071
I try to do this but it seems like the hit boxes and stuns are, I don't know, lengthy. Also can the camera be locked to the player? I think that would help alot.
>>
Can anyone help me out with Ludwig? I can't fucking beat him, he wrecks my shit every single time.
>>
>>319894210
>>319895742
This is mainly for blood vials, with a few bullets as well. As it's an early area you only get a few echos.
>>
Spam dodge faster and mash harder faglord.
>>
>>319893698
eat a good meal beforehand. breath. focus.
>>
>>319895981
Oh ok thanks, I need a good source of vials anyways.
>>
You have to know when to lock on and when not to

I believe you dash farther and faster when locked on but unlocked combat is essential for large bosses like Vicar

use lock on when far away and unlock when youre in close. R1 into L1 attacks will do the most damage in the least amount of time and stagger the most out of a lot of attacks

You may just be underleveled

You have to be patiently aggressive. if youre used to Dark Souls this will be hard
>>
>>319893698
It's good to learn to parry some bosses but there's others you can't really parry
like others have said though learning movesets and when to dodge helps

Also I think after Vicar Amelia the bosses get much much easier (or maybe I finally got gud)
>>
>3 tips
Try to really focus on the boss' attack. You might notice a weakness or pattern that you can exploit. Take Amelia for example: She is clutching a pendant in her left hand. Because of that she has less range on that side dyring every one of her attacks. You can use that side as an easy way to get behind her.
On blood vials, pay attention to how many you have. Say you burn thru half of your vials but you barely made a dent in the bosses life bar. At that point stop trying to heal. Youre only wasting more resources. Use that run to practice a new strategy
And most importantly try being more aggressive. Instead of backing off to heal damage, charge straight forward and attack. Being too passive, especially on a boss thats quick, is just asking to get your shit pushed in
>>
Amelia is only hard because she's so god damn hairy. Most of her attacks look identical if you're stuck inside of her ass.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.