[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Radiata Stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Radiata Stories - cover.jpg (111 KB, 640x905) Image search: [Google]
Radiata Stories - cover.jpg
111 KB, 640x905
Since the last thread had decent discussion of the characters and the endings why not have another thread.

Why was the non-human path so shit?
>Can't enter Radiata anymore
>A majority of non-humans suck in battle
>Least interesting characters and story path

Also, to answer >>319873885 question
>A what and where the fuck was this?
NG+ you get an ability that lets you speed up or slow down time.
>>
>>319893592
There was a radiata stories thread?
I can't believe I missed it fuck I love this game
>>
File: Radiata.webm (457 KB, 960x294) Image search: [Google]
Radiata.webm
457 KB, 960x294
someone asked me for more webms last night so I'm uploading them all since most of them have sound in them.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9J8DMmy-q01NjRWN29FdXB3dlU
>>
>>319893592
I bought this game used years ago but never played it, should I raise the priority of it in my backlog?
>>
>>319895569
I'd say for most people it's a pretty average JRPG with below average combat. But the style and charm is like none other, and for me that makes it one of my favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHej43S_OMI
>>
>>319895569
It's pretty good
>Graphics still hold up pretty well
>Great soundtrack
>Can recruit nearly every character in the game into your party
>Decent humor
>2 story paths
>Can create your own attack combos
>Jack's appearance changes based on the armor you equip
>Great characters

Battle system is kinda meh outside of creating your own combos though.
>>
>>319895802
Comfy song
>>
>>319896609
Radiata Stories soundtrack is very comfy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C6fKXGNIZY
>>
>>319896836
>not posting the comfy slow songs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oad5IAmuvbQ
>>
Was it just me or was the human path harder than the nonhuman path? I remember having some actual issues with the human path, while I don't think I ever slowed down along the nonhuman one.
>>
>>319897341
Did you get the guild leaders? Elwen and Kain OP.

There were several non-guild leaders who were pretty good too, like Lily and that dual wielding knight dude
>>
I fucking loved this game. I remember a few years back I moved to a new place and didn't have internet and cable for like a week while everything was getting transferred over. Just had a PS2 and ended up playing the hell out of this.

>Be some asshole kid from the country
>Go tot he city to become a knight like pops
>Get cheated out of the entrance exam
>Get made a knight out of pity anyway
>Get stuck in the woobie squad
>Go around the city kicking people in the DICK to relieve stress
>Oh shit nigga some of these people are trying to step up now
>Get good and start kicking ass which makes some people join you because you're that badass
>Turns out sometimes you have to do more than kick people's ass to make them join you
>Start stalking people to find out their schedules and life so you can recruit them
>A lot of characters actually have pretty interesting background and habits

Finding out how to recruit people without a guide was fun as fuck. The game had flaws but I'd definitely put it into my top PS2 RPGS and maybe even one of my top RPGs of all time. Biggest wish is to have some kind of sequel or even remake. Hell if they put it on PS4 for emulation I'd buy it just to play through it again.
>>
Does this game emulate ok and is it worth giving a shot if I like Tales and Kingdom Hearts?
>>
>>319899416
It emulates well.
I can't remember any glaring problems that would ruin it.
>>
>>319897940
To be totally honest, I don't even remember who I used. I don't think I remember getting the guild leaders though. I think I got Lily, but I'm not sure.

Fuck man, I might just emulate it and play through it again.
>>
File: pcsx2 2012-05-21 16-41-11-25.jpg (141 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2012-05-21 16-41-11-25.jpg
141 KB, 1920x1080
>>319899416
couple issues

1. some revisions of pcsx2 make the game blurry so you need sweetfx to sharpen

2. if you run it on a hdd the sound will stutter so put it on a ssd
>>
>>319898301
People had some really interesting schedules.
>that magic girl that transformed into a pop star behind a trash can to sing at a club
>>
>>319899879
>1. some revisions of pcsx2 make the game blurry so you need sweetfx to sharpen
You could also turn up the render resolution, unless you meant the HUD and text
>>
>Radiata Stories thread on /v/

Is this bizarro /v/

>>319899416
Worked just fine with pcsx2.
The gameplay is more like Star Ocean and Tales, but not as fast paced.
But you can customize the characters with the moves you want, equipment shows on Jack, theres a shitton of party members to find, and some other neat stuff I totally forgot about.
You either love or hate Radiata, but if you are a fan of Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile you probably gonna like it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.