[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the /v/erdict?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9
File: Hyrule_Warriors_English_Logo.png (627 KB, 1130x586) Image search: [Google]
Hyrule_Warriors_English_Logo.png
627 KB, 1130x586
What's the /v/erdict?
>>
One Piece Pirate Warios 3 is better.
>>
Best game in the genre, huge amount of content, god tier music.

It's GOAT.
>>
>>319888741
It really is.

>play as kizaru
>zipping around blasting niggas with lasers
>kicking muthafuckas at the speed of light

Feels good man.
>>
>>319888682
Useless now that the 3DS version is releasing with all DLC plus extra content. It's a pretty good game, though.
>>
My first Warriors game. Loved it. Great music, great combat and it's just fun.

I mean listen to this fucking Skyloft Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yC-gzMRbAw

God tier.
>>
>>319889354

this.

Using other Zelda characters to beat the shit out of enemies is pure bliss.
>>
File: riwoa.jpg (231 KB, 611x761) Image search: [Google]
riwoa.jpg
231 KB, 611x761
>>319888741
>>
>>319888682

a must play for any Zelda fan, and a good choice for any musou fan.

best game on the Wii U imho. it is polarizing though. the style of play is just not for some people
>>
>>319889717
good work anon, i knew it was a good idea to not fix my typo.
>>
>>319888682
Fun, lots of content, great DLC value.
>>
I'm just curious as to how this shit will be on the 3ds.

I don't see it working out too well on that underpowered piece of shit.

It's either gonna look like a standard DS game, or they will have some mob loading shenanigans that only shows things on the screen and stuff you aren't currently looking at will be invisible.

Either way, this is going to look like shit or run like shit.
>>
>>319888741

Not if you dont like anime for 10 year olds
>>
>>319890249
You're in a Zelda thread, hypocrite.
>>
>>319890215

>and stuff you aren't currently looking at will be invisible.

This is literally how every single game works ever you fucking idiot.
>>
>Who's your main?
Mine's gonna be Skull Kid.
>>
Hyrule Warriors is Mid-tier. Too much held it back from being great.
>Padding, grinding and repetition, even by Musou standards
>Adventure maps aren't particularly interesting, borderlines on bullshit with some of its challenges
>Questionable roster
>Level cap is unneedlessly high, and even then it doesn't matter in the harder parts of the game
As a Zelda fan, I can't go back to it. I just can't.
>>
>>319890249
One Piece is actually aimed at anyone between 4 and 15 yo.

That's what Shonen mean. But it's still a fun show to watch.

The arguments about age is pretty stupid. Disregarding something because it's aimed at a specific age/sex/race/religion and ect is a really stupid argument and probably the worst Ad hominem.
>>
>>319890496

I can tell you haven't beaten the 1000 enemies in a time limit on the original map with Agatha
>>
File: 1400816699721.png (443 KB, 1149x600) Image search: [Google]
1400816699721.png
443 KB, 1149x600
>>
>>319890384
Classic Tunic Link.
>>
>>319890341

Invisible in the sense that it will be despawned so the system doesn't chug considerably to process everything.

You incomprehensibly daft motherfucker.
>>
>>319890624
One Piece of shit is poor man's DBZ.
>>
>>319889051
Except you're playing it on a 3ds instead of a nice tv screen
>>
>>319890909

And what? Not spawned back if you turn the camera around? How would that work.
>>
File: How to make a full thread.jpg (87 KB, 650x830) Image search: [Google]
How to make a full thread.jpg
87 KB, 650x830
>>319890994
DBZ is not that good. It's pretty average quality wise.
>>
>>319891054

Literal popin to compensate for having to despawn things in order for the system to process everything.

I don't see how a 3ds is going to make the game look even remotely decent and have all of those mobs on the screen without something dumbed down.

It's either going to look really bad to keep the mobs huge, or the mobs will be smaller but look decent.

Until I see it for myself, I have no idea about the 3ds version honestly.
>>
>>319890496
>Questionable roster

What? The only characters it lacked I ever saw people be upset about were Skull Kid and Tetra, and those are getting added. Plus different weapons (aside from Master Sword) on different characters might as well have been new characters again.
>>
>>319891196
it looks like they're holding an invisible baby
>>
>>319890496

>complaining about grind and repetition in this genre
>questionable roster

How is the roster questionable. Please explain. How.

How is it questionable?
>>
>>319891054>>319891254
I'm expecting the 3ds version to run like the multiplayer did, where there's less overall mobs and shit around, and then they'll randomly pop in once you clear some.
>>
>>319891498

not him, but i'm willing to guess:

>something something 2D Zeldas not being represented
>something something Lana is Miku
>something something Majoras Mask not having 9 reps
>>
>>319891552

Ugh. Awful.
>>
>>319890624
Shhhh, this is /v/, stop saying things that actually make sense.
>>
>>319891196
Compared to Dragon Ball yeah
>>
>>319891552
Didn't Koei Tecmo's own Features trailer stutter at one point?

Or is that just my toaster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPYjT5mfSVM
>>
>>319891705
I hope that's not the case, but I won't be surprised if that's the end result.

I'm just hoping the new stuff will be added as DLC for HW on WiiU, I don't own a 3DS and even if I did I'd rather play a musou with the comfy as fuck pro controller
>>
>>319891552
The Trident trailer had like 18 enemies in it.
>>
Great game, only negatives are that co-op mode is unfortunately unplayable and like most spinoff musou games, there is a certain fatigue after a while when the missions become less about difficulty and more about everything being a HP sponge. When it came to that, I enjoyed the DONT GET HIT and kill 1000 enemies in x seconds missions more. The last few of each are such a clusterfuck with all the bosses spawning, I loved it
>>
>>319891842
I've never watched that before. Mob density looks better than the multiplayer, however the draw distance for mobs looks much, much shorter.

Also it looks like the game chugs a little bit with a few of the supers where the character portraits come across the screen (Cia is the one I remember most)
>>
>>319890681
Refer to my bullshit comment.

>>319891356
>>319891498
>Lana
>Agitha
>Linkle
>Young Link being Ocarina YL and not Majora YL
>No Saria, Nabooru, Yuga, Rauru, Oracles, instead, let's have some Mary Sue OC instead

In my opinion.
>>
>>319892997
Not to mention Bo could have a grapple move set like Meng Huo, Ashei could have been in, hell even Hena had potential
>>
>>319892997
>>Young Link being Ocarina YL and not Majora YL
WAT?
>>
>>319892997
It is Majoras YL do you even play the game. Plus its been stated that OoT and MM Links are the same Incarnation
>>
>>319893406
>>319893638
Link in Majora was notably taller from his model in Ocarina. Not only that, but Agitha and him are the same age, yet he's so short. The only sword that was too big for him was the Great Fairy Sword, and that's not even in the game.

Potential wasted.

>>319893296
Hence why I said this game was mid-tier. All the stuff the main Musou titles have and Zelda has to take a conservative turn with it. Rauru could have used the Tome, minus all the hopping and jumping. The Summoning Gate's bullshit could be wiped away if Wizzro used it instead of having that Miku expy dance around while using it.
>>
uhm so can i buy the new DLC seperately or?
>>
>>319893815
>Rauru could have used the Tome, minus all the hopping and jumping.
This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard. And I keep hearing it in HW threads. The items people use as weapons are overall meaningless and you're suggesting that somehow a recast based around the item is the solution to the woe with the character?

I get you have a problem with Lana; I'm not crazy at all about her either. But it's not the book's fault they set out to make an OC in a miniskirt do stage moves 3-8 out of the popidol's guide to selling tickets. They could've given her a progressively smaller bikini top as a weapon and the only thing that would change is the lack of pages flying around during action scenes.

But on another point; I hate the suggestion of including Rauru in the game. Which for some reason is the go-to while heckling Lana's weapons. The donothing sage that appeared twice until it was retconned he was the owl. I would just as soon take OC over a tertiary character getting a top billed slot with a completely made up moveset.
>>
>>319895580
>tertiary character getting a top billed slot with a completely made up moveset
So, you hate Agitha, too. At least Rauru was a character you couldn't avoid for the entirety of the game.
>>
>>319896069
Yes; I'm sure I didn't miss her summoning green lantern beetles in TP. But Rauru is more or less a cutout of any nameless old man or sage in any other games.
>>
>>319896359
But anyone who's a Zelda fan knows who Rauru is. If anything, you can have him use owls so people will recognize who and what he is. I really hate this trend of "THIS CHARACTER ISN'T POPULAR SO THEY SHOULDN'T BE IN". When was it suddenly a problem to acknowledge the lesser elements of your favorite IP?
>>
I liked it but Dragon Quest Heroes is the GOAT musou game.
>>
Better than mainline musou games thanks to dash canceling.
Same goes for Pirate Warriors.
>>
>>319890249
and Zelda is a babys first adventure game your point?
>>
File: 1412467946399.jpg (73 KB, 778x1028) Image search: [Google]
1412467946399.jpg
73 KB, 778x1028
Addicting.
>>
>>319888682
Repetitive, annoying narrator.
>>
>>319896661
Screw your deflection about popularity; Rauru is a barely disguised narrator in either incarnation and the least developed of any of the OOT sages. Unlike every other sage he doesn't have displayed or explained personal ambitions, interpersonal relationships, an arc or even really a temple stage dedicated to him which could be used as a basis for making him into a fighter.

This is why I called out the "well just take the book and give it to someone else" conceit for missing the point of creating and adapting content. Everything about Rauru to put into HW will need to be invented for the adaptation but the general appearance and name. So from as far as I can tell it's just musing that KT should make some other OC where there's a placeholder. And for all we know Rauru was a ballet enthusiast.

TP sages would be better stock magical old men to draw a character from since they at least have a weapon associated with them.
>>
>can't get the infinite rupee glitch to work
Fuck me.
>>
>all the people saying the music is good.
I started to despise it after hearing it so many god damn times.
>>
File: Rauru_main_render.png (81 KB, 280x410) Image search: [Google]
Rauru_main_render.png
81 KB, 280x410
>>319898670
>Unlike every other sage he doesn't have displayed or explained personal ambitions, interpersonal relationships, an arc or even really a temple stage dedicated to him which could be used as a basis for making him into a fighter.

And yet they made Impa, Ruto and Darunia do things we don't see them do at all in the same game. I think you just don't like Rauru. If he were a titty monster, would he be okay then?
>>
>>319899149
How can one even like this guy when he has maybe 10 minutes of screentime in the entire game?
>>
>>319899149
Not him, but we see Impa in SS showing her devotion to protecting Zelda, this is in OoT too, but not as much.
We see Ruto being defiant of her father while growing a lust for Link
We see Darunia being a herald of the Gorons, nothing is more important to him than his brothers.
Meanwhile Rauru doesn't do jack shit other than explain things in a time consuming manner. The only character on the roster who doesn't have as much characterization as Rauru is Agitha, who somehow still manages to have more than him.
>>
>>319899360
Because his concept alone is interesting?
>Sage of Light
>Old elder who could cast light beams or other light related magic
>A nice contrast to the younger cast, almost like a mentor-type

Impa plays that role, granted but Rauru has a charm to him. Again, I guess you just don't like him and think I'm wrong for wanting him, yet if he were a spunky titty monster, you wouldn't be complaining, now would you? Musou has old-timers constantly on the battlefield but Zelda can't have one simply because "muh screentime".

Agitha could be avoided altogether, but she's okay, right? Cute girls doing cute things, right? Fuck outta here.

>>319899801
And yet that means jackshit in a series where you can take out hoards of enemies with a single bow and war fan, but no, characterization is a reason not to have a character.
>>
Your asking that a year later?

It's great if your familiar with the style

There's a fuckload of content and each character plays differently

Quality wise, I would say Pirate Warriors 3 was better, but Hyrule Warriors single player and adventure mode is a lot better than the fuckfest missions Pirate Warriors got

Both are good games and the DLC for extra content make an already content filled fatass of a game even bigger
>>
>>319900172
Literally every quality you think is interesting about Rauru besides "Sage of Light" is headcanon anyways. He's an old guy who's the sage of light, fan-fucking-tastic, anything else to add? No? Because he's done jack shit? Well ok then.

Would it be better if it was some random chick we know nothing about? No of course not, fuck off with your placing words in my mouth I don't think the random lady who gives out soup in SS should have a character in either. There's loads of characters who at the very least have a personality and some aspect you could build off of to make their abilities unlike Rauru but you just want him because he's old unlike everyone else? This is the same shit you're harping at me for just from the other side, and I'm not even asking for titty monsters you just think I am.
>>
>>319898318

the game, or thick Fi?
>>
>>319901076
Both, actually.
>>
>>319890215
Samurai Warriors was fine on it
>>
>>319900819
>headcanon
And that's where your argument falls flat. Not everyone has to have some complex backstory to appeal to people. I'm sorry if you need that to like a character. There's nothing wrong with wanting a character simply because you like them. I thought that's what this game was about: Your favorite Zelda characters, now playable. I said he COULD use light-related magic, I never said he did. All the liberties that this game takes with its characters but that can't apply to Rauru simply because YOU don't like him.

Tough shit. I'll keep on supporting Rauru and you can either deal with it or keep bitching about it. Either way, I'm done with you.
>>
>>319900172
While I found them fun to play, Lana and Agitha really didn't belong. Lana is the worst of the OC characters and is only there to mirror a better one, and Agitha, like Rauru, is a nobody who did fuck all in their game but stand in a room, granted Rauru is at least slightly more relevant being a Sage.
Personally, I think Agitha should have been Ashei or Yeto, and Lana's weapons split between other characters.
>>
File: Orca.png (2 MB, 1311x1925) Image search: [Google]
Orca.png
2 MB, 1311x1925
>>319901546
If you want an old guy in it so badly at least choose one who had any quality at all you could make a moveset off of or a personality.
>>
>>319888682
Weeby waifushit. That's literally like 95% of the fanbase. Waifufags.

I love Zelda, but the waifufag fanbase + the idolshit OC character make the idea of playing the game physically nauseating.
>>
>>319901640
There's only three characters who don't belong in Hyrule Warriors: Tetra, King of Hyrule, and Toon Link.
>>
>>319902047
Wow anon, I haven't seen so many buzzwords used this consecutively before.
>>
>>319902302
Little do you realize, anon, is that "buzzword" is also a buzzword.
>>
>>319888682
I wa very impressed. I didn't expect much, but it's definitely a solid Warriors title. If you like warriors and zelda it's a great pickup. My only issue is the roster is really small so you feel like you've played all the characters you really like in under 10 hours.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.