[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disgaea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Let's say I have four units, what would do more damage:
>placing them in a team attack formation, and executing attacks one by one, until all have spent their actions this turn
or
>placing them around the enemy unit and ordering everyone to attack simultaneously from four sides to build a combo for bonus damage
?
>>
>>319885437
Bump
Will give answer in the next post
>>
>>319885437
You grind for statistician and keep reincarnating until you hit stats caps.
>>
>>319885437
Depends on your units, best way would probably be to form a little + formation so everyone has a chance to combo with, reset the position of everyone and do the same with your remaining units
Though if you have a mage or some else that has a weak regular attack and deals more dmg with spells you should use the spell
Some units are also better to enabling team attacks
>>
>>319886832
So, you're saying the first option - team attack chain - is better than going for the combo damage multiplier?
>>
>>319885437
In general it would be better to use combos because that way even characters that do no damage at all can contribute by allowing stronger characters to do more damage while they would contribute nothing in a team attack.
>>
>>319885437
Depends entirely on what sorta strength your team has.
If you have one ace in the hole and 3 shit doods, the team attack chain would actually result in less damage. You can't use special skills with it either, forced to normally attack
But with a 4-hit combo, you get to use skills AND you can just burn the weak guys turns to power up the final hit
>>
>>319887032
>>319887158
Yeah, that's the impression I've got so far.
Although that leaves the weak dudes without EXP, while the strong unit, that does the finishing blow gets even further ahead of them.
While team attacks, I've been told, make all participants share the EXP equally.
>>
>>319887362
Team Attacks do share EXP, but it's not a good method to use on bosses and shit
Only should be used to grind up weaker units on grind maps.
You shouldn't really care about EXP from bosses or story missions, and just power through them with regular attacks to get to designated grinding zones
>>
>>319886753
This. Except you need to grind all your weapons to max level as well.
>>
>>319887843
Grinding is for fags. I'm gonna play these games for the story.
>>
>>319887783

DESIGNATED

GRINDING

ZONES
>>
>>319888090
You literally cannot get the full story without grinding.
because of Tyrant Baal actually having a story cutscene attached to beating him
>>
>>319887362
it's not about having an even army. it's about getting a map done one way or another until you're at the grinding maps so you can level up your hard hitters and weapons for the shitters. that way you will eventually end up with either one OP character or a OP troup of characters. I recommend at least a dozen decent characters that can survive a beating in the higher item world levels and maybe heal up again just in case you end up with a shitty map that you actually have to fight through instead of just throwing someone into the goalpoint.
>>
>>319890116
Speaking of which. Does clearing item world levels aside from 10, 20 etc. provide any benefits? Or is it better to just skip everything by chain throwing?
>>
>>319890325
beating the boss of the tens will give a bigger boost than just reaching the goal. you do not have to kill all enemies. but in the beginning it makes little difference and you can just push an item to level 30 (usually) without beating any bosses. they still get stronger and eventually you'll discard them.
>>
>>319891002
No, I was asking about clearing lvls 1-9. I usually kill all enemies on lvl 10 as well as the item general.
It's just that on the victory screen it shows numbers of levels skipped and cleared. So I was wondering if clearing the levels without a general instead of skipping them provides a stat boost for that item or not?
>>
>>319891275
I should have stated that better. No, there is no difference in clearing x1-x9 one way or another. All you'd do it for is a bonus gauge item.
>>
>>319891693
Oh, that's a relief.
>>
>>319891275
Oh and it WAS different in makai kingdom, where you had the ability to "dive" into levels and skip up to 30 levels or so, but it would lock you out of some shit. Among it the strongest weapon in the game.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.