[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just downloaded pic related, what am i in for? i heard about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: protocol.jpg (38 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
protocol.jpg
38 KB, 460x215
Just downloaded pic related, what am i in for?

i heard about stealth being in the game (which i fucking love), does the stealth mechanics work?
>>
>>319884424
Nothing really works it's Obisidian
>>
>>319884424
Yeah they work, but even if you go full stealth put some points into pistols at least because of boss fights
>>
The stealth is basically "crouch walk slowly, activate skill to turn invisible, wait for cooldown, repeat". You can't hide bodies either.

If you want to have any fun with this game, go with martial arts and toughness and just soak up bullets while you beat enemies up with your bare hands.
>>
>>319884424
Yes, stealth is by far your best option. Also take Pistols, because you get what amounts to a "Kill or tranq every fucker in the room with zero sound" button.
>>
>>319884424
The first thing you should know is that the levels were not built with stealth in mind, it was more or less an afterthought.
As a result to make up for it you get some completely broken skills in the stealth skill tree, and f you want to enjoy stealth in the game, you are better off not investing very much in the skill tree.

Apart from that the game has a very good dialogue system and choices and consequences, plus the system designed to track whatever you do on a pretty in-depth level and assign various bonuses/perks to you based on how you play is really fucking great that I wish more games did.

Some characters are great and Obsidian clearly was having a field day with the writing, not their usual serious DEEP stuff that's occasionally actually well written, but rather something that was hugely fun and enjoyable for the writing team, a guilty pleasure to unleash without the guilt.

The game looks like ass and the animations are terrible, and I had some minor clipping bugs. The very much 007 home bases as well as the levels look great from the visual design standpoint, although it really made me wish for a bigger world with hubs.

It's easily the best £2 I've ever spent.
>>
>>319884553

This. It's pretty fucked up, to the point that you don't even understand what the fuck you're doing, but at least somehow for some reason it's actually fun.
>>
well i was ready to take advice and launch the game, but the game is in russian

this is what i get for pirating
>>
>>319885613
nvm fixed
>>
>>319885613

I bet the installer has an english language option you just missed it
>>
File: 1xsegBKFFfk4L0QcDkIz5w_r.jpg (104 KB, 700x523) Image search: [Google]
1xsegBKFFfk4L0QcDkIz5w_r.jpg
104 KB, 700x523
>>319884424
I picked this game up during a very bad time in my life. I don't know what it was about it but immersed me in a way that no other game has. I must have beat it eight times in a week. I respect anyone that can look past it's flaws like I did and just enjoy a modern setting RPG.

Note, don't do shotgun first play through, and put at least a few skill points into mini games.
>>
>>319884553
>>319884424

piece of shit stealth
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.