[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/. I got $20 free for steam. What should I get? Also general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: Man vs Wild.webm (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Man vs Wild.webm
3 MB, 480x360
Hey /v/.
I got $20 free for steam.
What should I get?
Also general wishlist discussion thread I guess.

>Haunt the House: Terrortown $5
>Fallout 1/2/Tactics $20 (for all three $10 individually)
>Game Dev Tycoon $10
>Mark of the Ninja $15
>The Escapists $18 (I think there is some cheap dlc for like a dollar or two)
>Sunless Sea $19
>Valkyria Chronicles $20
>Subnautica $20
>Shovel Knight $15
>Banished $20
>The Talos Principle $40
>Star Wars: Empire at War Gold $20
>Depth $25
>Undertale $10
>Door Kickers $20
>>
>>319876314
CSGO keys and pirate that entire list
>>
>>319876314
Subnautica. Underrated as fuck.
>>
File: 1371109132211.jpg (24 KB, 255x216) Image search: [Google]
1371109132211.jpg
24 KB, 255x216
>>319876382
But I don't wanna play CSGO.
I don't even have it.
>>319876460
My wishlist isn't in any order, but I'm probably most interested in that and Haunt the House.
It's still early access... are the devs decent?
>>
>>319876561
>It's still early access... are the devs decent?

Yeah it's the guys who did Natural Selection, they're probably the least Indie Indie team out there.
>>
>>319876314
Wait for sale.
>>
Wait for sales, literally one week away.

>Haunt the House: Terrortown $5

This sounds like shovelware.

Get VC if you like JRPGs, Fallout if you like WRPGs, Mark of the Ninja if you like stealth games, or The Talos Principle if you like first person puzzle games. Or Undertale to get in on the memeing I guess. The rest of the options are inferior.
>>
File: 1420430922503.gif (900 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1420430922503.gif
900 KB, 320x240
>>319876734
hm never played that.
Unless this thread picks up more, I think I'll get Subnautica and Haunt the House with my own dollarydoos. Thanks, anon.
>>
Lightning Returns
>>
>>319876561
Haunt the house is a free flash game
>>
>>319876314
Wait for the sale of course
Also just torrent Fallout 1 and 2 you faggot
>>
>>319876946
Haunt the House originally was a browser game that I fucking loved. Then I found out the devs seriously expanded it and put it on steam.
I've never played a JRPG other than maybe Fire Emblem which is why I'm interested in VC.
>>319877138
I'm aware.
>>
That webm is hilarious.
>>
>>319876938
>>319877202
Will do. Now that I think about it, I think I remember hearing steam's version of Fallout 1 and 2 not working properly for lots of systems.
>>
>>319876314
Why did they remove survivorman on netflix?

It was ultimate background comfy show for playing vidya to with him talking about keeping his energy level up and playing harmonica.
>>
>>319876314

If you have a completionist vibe and don't feel too stronly about retro platformers then I suggest you DON'T buy Shovel Knight.

Undertale is story driven first with gameplay playing second fiddle, so if you don't like that in your games, don't buy it. The OST is very nice though and helps with involvement.

I've heard good things about FO/Talos Principle/Valkyria Chronicles but haven't played them myself. Since you're willing to play older games, I'd definitely add Thief 1/2 to the list. Also, have you tried other popular /v/ games like Risk of Rain, FTL or LISA?
>>
>>319876314
Wait for the Christmas sale on the 22nd and get several of those games for $3 or less.
>>
>>319877536
Thanks anon!
Risk of Rain, FTL, and LISA are probably my all time favorite indie games.
FTL especially. With Captain's Edition it is easily one of my favorite and probably my second or third most played game of all time. And I don't even have all the ships.
>>319877713
Is that when the sale starts? I never pay attention until they are already happening (which has bitten me in the ass more than once).
>>
>>319876314
banished was nice, but still 20$ after all this time? seems too much imho

sunless sea is pretty cool but starts a bit slow, you should torrent the gog version to see if the pacing suits you up

you could do the same same with door kickers, i found it very fun but it's not 20$ worth imho

if you like the genre and can stand the animu dialogue, valkyria's good

mark of the ninja is simple and very enjoyable, it was longer than i expected but didn't exceed its welcome. that said i got it during a humble bundle, i was very pleased because i got it for little money and was expecting little value or a very short game

fallout 1/2 are nice if you like old style rpgs, if you didn't try any of them you should torrent the gog version and try out if you can stand the pacing and loads of text. didn't try tactics

dunno about the others

tl;dr u should try b4 u buy
>>
>>319878083
A lot of my wishlist ends up filled with games that I can't justify paying that much for.
I'll probably do this and wait for the sales. But for now Subnautica is at the top of my list.
>>
File: 1427664546616.jpg (121 KB, 636x542) Image search: [Google]
1427664546616.jpg
121 KB, 636x542
>>319878235
i feel you my man, i have been having delta force black hawk down on my wishlist ever since it came out on steam, but i couldn't justify paying for it even during sales. i'm mostly afraid that i'm blinded by nostalgiafaggotry and i wouldn't enjoy it as much as i remember
>>
>Haunt the House: Terrortown
I don't understand the point of this game. What's the actual challenge of it?
>>
>>319876314
Valkyria Chronicles. I'd say the Fallout trilogy, but you're better off pirating them.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.