[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have been playing FFX HD remaster on my PS3 the past hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
I have been playing FFX HD remaster on my PS3 the past hours but I have a few questions about it.
Does it matter if you fail or not to get Jetch Shot (because I tried a few times by restarting the game but just gave up and decide to continue playing the game)? Was I even suppose to be able to win the first Blitz Ball match it felt like my team members were completely outclassed by the other team stats.
>>
>>319871592
Jecht Shot removes 2 defenders and gives you a massive SHOT bonus, it's basically a free goal. You can get a sizable lead in the first half and then cheese the AI the second half and win.
>>
>>319871592
Yes to both questions. Nailing that mini game with the blitzball lets Tidus use the Jecht Shot in the Blitzball tournament. I think it's pretty much the only way to reliably score. Once you do, you can just get the ball and hide behind your goalie until time runs out because playing fair is fucking hard.
>>
>>319871592

Jecht Shot is learned for that exact reason, it lets you destroy the Goers' defense and almost always score on their goalie. The reward for winning isn't that great to begin with, If you want to play Blitzball later I think you can go back to the ship and play the minigame again to learn it.

Honestly just keep playing and save winning the tourney for a second playthrough.
>>
>>319871804
I kept a save file just before the Jetch shot trial but then I tried to continue in the story and it seems to be disappointing is that they didn't put a cutscene skipping option if you have seen it before and decide to try something again.
>>
You can get the Jecht Shot later by riding the same boat between Kilika and Luca again, but its only purpose is for the Blitzball mini game. Winning the tournament gives you nothing and requires cheesing the AI, so who gives a shit.
>>
>>319871760
>>319871967
>>319871779
>>319871804
so is Jetch Shot only for the Blitzball game?
>>
>>319872068
Nah it's also used in Tidus's final Overdrive
>>
>>319872097
You don't actually need it to learn that overdrive though.
>>
Also I think I messed up my sphere grid for Tidus because I lack Luck spheres and I can't really upgrade much more his skills. Even my Lulu has more HP than him.
>>
>>319872284
Why would you need more luck spheres? The only thing you need to progress through the game are the basic spheres that upgrade existing nodes (Power, Ability, etc.).

Just make sure you have enough Ability Spheres, that shit is crucial.
>>
>>319871592
how can you fail the jecht shot minigame? it's easy as fuck
are you using the analog stick to input the directions? use the direction buttons
>>
>>319872932
it's the timing that I fail everytime
>>
>>319873008
Look out guys, this anon is slow.
>>
>>319872370

luck spheres are rare and are basically useless for the main playthrough

the only time you need them is when you're doing postgame content and some bosses have really high luck stats meaning that they have ridiculously high evasion and will still dodge your attacks even with 255 accuracy
>>
>>319873087

oops i was meant to quote >>319872284, but you get what i mean
>>
>>319873008
>pressing a directional button and X as soon as something pops up is hard

it doesn't even get overwhelming at all
https://youtu.be/_PLqrz2C0xY?t=1m35s
this guy is slow and even he did it
>>
How do you even fuck the Jecht Shot part up?
You even get to try it out first.
Shits simple.

The game itself is a different story because the game dumps all the fucking rules on your ass and expects you to pick it right now.
Still doable though.
>>
>>319871592
You missed a trophy for now. You can come back for it by going back to ride that ship again at endgame, but winning the match is missable.

If you can't put a bunch of jocks in their place and break the Aurochs' 18 year losing streak, what good are you?
>>
>>319873213
>>319873057
I'm not that quick
>>
>>319871592
You can't do it, kid.
>>
I don't understand how Lulu overdrive works
>>
>>319875434
rotate analog stick to increase gauge
having higher magic stat makes it take less rotations to charge
using stronger spells makes it take more rotations to charge

don't expect to reach the end of the gauge until lategame stats, her overdrime is the most useful with ultima or demi, really
>>
>>319871592
Jecht shot is the shit. You'll want to get it.
You also get a strength thing if you win the tournament.
>>
i remember i was terrible at blitzball. then i got the jecht shot. duuuude, i fucking wrecked that game and actually got good and it was so fun. i used to hate it. i got all of wakkas shit.
>>
>>319875667

>Ultima

Hardly. Her rotations become ridiculous with ultima, you have to do like 4 rotations to get each cast, and then you have to sit there for half an hour while the full ultima animation plays out from start to finish 6 times.

You're better off just using elemental -aga spells because you can get like twice as many of them out.
>>
>>319873213
He probably plays on a hd tv
>>
>>319875965
yes and?
>>
File: chest.jpg (332 KB, 2688x2028) Image search: [Google]
chest.jpg
332 KB, 2688x2028
How do I get access to the chest?
>>
File: 100_8592.jpg (179 KB, 1160x1067) Image search: [Google]
100_8592.jpg
179 KB, 1160x1067
I can't move further down Yuna sphere grid, what gives?
>>
>>319871592
Man Auron is such a cool design.
>>
>>319879520
wat
that's not a sphere, this is the background
>>
>>319879520
>>319880007
Yeah, you need to go to the empty node further down
>>
>>319878517
input lag
>>
>>319878724
it's a location you can access in the postgame
>>
I restarted that stupid rigged Blitzball game so many times, but eventually I managed to win, and Waka was even the one who scored the winning goal.
>>
>>319882991

I just used the goalie glitch. Makes the match basically unloseable even without jecht shot.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.