[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts? Got it on Black Friday. Have only messed around maybe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: madmax_maxandmagnumopus.jpg (164 KB, 1200x633) Image search: [Google]
madmax_maxandmagnumopus.jpg
164 KB, 1200x633
Thoughts?

Got it on Black Friday. Have only messed around maybe 4 or so hours, I'm waiting to finish Fallout before getting too into another open world game.
Seems 7.5/10 so far.
>>
>>319867336
It's ok. Feels a bit empty from time to time.
>>
>>319867470
Kinda got that vibe already. I can't tell if that's just a consequence of doing the Mad Max world, or if its laziness on Avalanches part
>>
Had an unfortunate release the same week as MGSV. Otherwise a good, not great open world game that unfortunately has the Assassin's Creed combat gameplay loop.
>>
I play it to relax, which probably isn't the best thing to say about a Mad Max game. Probably the best car combat since Twisted Metal though.
>>
>>319867336

It has problems, but I loved it. 8/10 game easy.
>>
>>319867569
Combat seemed really brutal though. Like yeah it has that "press to counter" thing, but it really felt more weighted and less floaty.

Games def got that "open world syndrome" thing going though. Lots of useless clutter to fill the otherwise bare open world
>>
Better than the NES version.
>>
Playing it right now and overall I like it but there are a bunch of things that hinder it from being great.

- "press A to do shit", "hold A to do shit" and "mash A to do shit" EVERYWHERE - why can't you just pick up things by walking over them?
- tons of annoyances like the mini cinematics whenever you refill your car and canteen, eat food, etc.
- I haven't seen anything totally crazy in terms of vehicles so far; no war rigs, no side-mounted buzzsaws, no unorthodox stuff like pic related... nothing but pickups and hot rods
- the soundtrack is too much in the background and the game actually vastly improves when you put in the Fury Road soundtrack
>>
>>319869657
On the other hand, I love how the camps and even some of the scavenging locations have a lot of personality to them compared to Just Cause 2.
They don't feel copypasted like they did there and it's pretty cool how a lot of them have secret passages that let you circumvent their outer defenses.
>>
File: 2015-12-04_00001.jpg (700 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-04_00001.jpg
700 KB, 1920x1080
> postapocalyptic world where everything is rusted to shit and barely any trees are around
> they still got higher quality wood than what you use in FO4
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.