[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this version the best one to play? Or should I get the original
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: Fftpsp3.jpg (126 KB, 250x432) Image search: [Google]
Fftpsp3.jpg
126 KB, 250x432
Is this version the best one to play? Or should I get the original PS1 version instead?

Also Ivalice thread
>>
I played it recently. The translation is very good, don't listen to the old fucks. Not much difference in graphics, tho. AND the port has this fucking stupid aspect ratio that's just sliiightly flattened. It's a little annoying, but in general, it's a solid port.
>>
>>319866728
Yes, the PSP version is great. Play it on emulator, though, the game gets too laggy on a real PSP.

And for the problem >>319867320 said. There was a patch going around that fixed the aspect ratio, but I can't find it.
>>
>>319867564
>the game gets too laggy on a real PSP
Played through it on my 2000 a couple of months ago, didn't really notice any slowdowns.
>>
>>319868879
Really? Maybe its fixed them, good news.

The game at least used to have some extreme framerate drops during the use of spells and summons for example.
>>
>>319866728
Play Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3

I burned mine to a CD and played it on my original PS1

It's much better than both WotL and Tactics
>>
Now that FF6 is on steam (in a few days) and FFX is on the way, I fully expect Tactics to show up before long.
>>
>>319868992
Those slowdowns are still there, but they can be patched out on a hacked PSP.
>>
File: original sprites.png (546 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
original sprites.png
546 KB, 1136x640
>>319869341
Tactics WotL has a mobile port with updated sprites so it's definitely gonna come sooner or later.
And the updated sprites for once don't look like total shit.
Pic related is the original sprites (PSX/PSP), next I'll post the updated ones.
>>
File: updated sprites.png (592 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
updated sprites.png
592 KB, 1136x640
>>319869668
And here's the updated sprites.
>>
>>319869737
Huh, interesting.

I think they're basically out of mobile ports to slap on to steam, aside form FF1 and 2, so I really think Tactics will follow 10.
>>
>>319869668
The mobile port lags the most during spell animations, plus emulating it is best you can speed up the game
>>
>>319869898
I really wish they'd port 1 and 2 PSP versions rather than the mobile ones but we both know it ain't gonna happen seeing as 3 was a mobile port too despite having a superior PSP version with better UI, Auto battle and ability to swap soundtrack.

>>319869948
That's the problem with too weak hardware, not mobile itself.
>>
>>319866728
The PSP version has balthier so get that version instead
>>
Both have problems.

PSP version gave everyone a terrible pseudo-Shakespeare dialect even though the JP version uses modern Japanese so there was no reason to.

PS1 version just has a really sloppy translation in general with typos and structure issues.

I'd still recommend PS1 version because some of the problems with it are actually charming (L I T T L E M O N E Y) and the lines are more memorable when they're not drenched in horrible ye olde english sauce
>>
>>319871485
so its similar to FFXII's lingo?

i dont mind that
i enjoyed the way everyone spoke in FFXII and seeing as they're both set in Ivalice I guess it makes sense
>>
>>319866728

Only get WOTL if you get the 4:3 and slowdown patch.
>>
>>319872586
It is just like FF12, yes. Same translation team.
>>
>>319872653
nice, i can dig that
>>
>>319872653
I'm sold, FF12's translation was godly, they're like the only people to ever do quasi-shakespearian dialogue right and not go overboard with it.
>>
>>319871485
Is there a patch that removes the ye olde english from the PSP version?
>>
File: 1449748357736.jpg (39 KB, 599x600) Image search: [Google]
1449748357736.jpg
39 KB, 599x600
The War of the Lions translation is better.
Disagree with me all you like, you'll still be wrong.
>>
>>319874525
Butchered some of Algus, Wiegraf and Delita's best lines.
>>
If I emulate on PPSSPP, is slow down still gonna be a thing or will I still need to patch it?
>>
File: 1403902620425.jpg (155 KB, 500x514) Image search: [Google]
1403902620425.jpg
155 KB, 500x514
>>319875694
And I fucked up my question. That's what I get for needing sleep. Well the point should get across anyways.
>>
>>319875694

Still gotta patch it. Also get the 4:3 patch to stop everything looking like shit.
>>
>>319874525
You're free to like War of the Lions translation better, but it is a less faithful translation. PS1 is a more accurate translation, but has lots of typos/bad wording (and the awful fiasco that was the Germinok Scriptures and some other parts). It's fair enough to like WotL better personally, since some people like the flowery old language better, as long as you're not claiming it's more accurate.

Since I'm autistic I'll leave an example.

War of the Lions:
Argath: You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've
been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in
whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the
world drenched in common blood!
Milleuda: By whose decree!? Who decides such foul and absurd things?
Argath: 'Tis heaven's will!
Milleuda: Heaven's will? You would pin your bigotry on the gods? No god would
fain forgive such sin, much less embrace it! All men are equal in the eyes of
the gods!
Argath: Men, yes. But the gods have no eyes for chattel.
Milleuda: You speak of devils, not gods!
Delita: Ramza, is this woman truly our enemy?

PS1:
Algus: Human? Hmph, ridiculous! From the minute you were born
you had to obey us! From the second you were born you were our
animals!!
Miluda: Says who!? That's nonsense! Who decided all this?!
Algus: It's the Will of Heaven!
Miluda: Heaven? God would never say such things! In his eyes,
all are equal! He'd never let this happen! Never!
Algus: Animals have no God!!
Miluda: !!!!
Delita: Ramza, Is she really our enemy....?

(original JP next post, too long)
>>
>>319877097
And the original JP, for proof that they aren't using the JP equivalent of ye olde english and that PS1 script is closer:

アルガス
「同じ人間だと? フン、汚らわしいッ!
「生まれた瞬間からおまえたちはオレたち貴族に尽くさねばならない!
「生まれた瞬間からおまえたちはオレたち貴族の家畜なんだッ!!

ミルウーダ
「誰が決めたッ!? そんな理不尽なこと、誰が決めたッ!

アルガス
「それは天の意志だ!

ミルウーダ
「天の意志? 神がそのようなことを宣うものか!
「神の前では何人たりとも平等のはず! 神はそのようなことをお許しにはならない! なるはずがないッ!

アルガス
「家畜に神はいないッ!!

ミルウーダ
「!!!!

ディリータ
「ラムザ、 彼女は本当に僕らの敵なのか…?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.