[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really miss this game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: cityofvillains.jpg (539 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
cityofvillains.jpg
539 KB, 1600x1200
I really miss this game.
>>
>>319866560
watching one punch man had got me interested in a superhero mmo again, considering that OPM is essentially an anime adaptation of city of heroes

what was up with the last expansion that they put out? i never got around to playing it and now its all dead. Was it any good?
>>
>>319866968
idk, I was a little noob back then i actually dont remember too much. I was young enough to assume that developers made games 100% balanced.
>>
>>319866968
Yes. It was an alternate universe where the heroes became a league of villains and control the world in this 1984 authoritarian heropunk fashion.

It allowed you to make all classes on both sides (except epic ones), and allowed you to side switch or even be allowed in both the hero and villain areas as a sort of grey alignment Vigilante.
>>
>>319866560
I do too, anon, I do too.
Mind/mind dominator was the most fun class I ever played, especially in 8man groups
>>
File: o0wvv.jpg (166 KB, 1133x464) Image search: [Google]
o0wvv.jpg
166 KB, 1133x464
>>319867223

They were having some trouble balancing all those alignments sometimes though, unfortunately. Bulk of the post-GR content was pretty hero biased.

The Incarnate-level Dark Astoria storyline was fucking top tier though.
>>
>>319866560
>Wanting to play super-hero mmo.
>Only one at the markets is Champions Online.
>It's shit.
Okay.
>>
>>319869746
There's DCUO also, but it's shit too.
>>
>>319870062
Yeah, i entirely forgot the clusterfuck DCUO
>>
>>319870163
And Marvel Heroes, but I don't think that counts.
>>
>>319869746
it had so much potential, it hurts

cryptic and PWE business practiceskilled it
>>
No game did a pet class as rad as CoX. Mastermind was so ducking fun.
>>
How is there no private server for this yet?
>>
>>319871791
There kind of is, but it's just a glorified chat room/RP tool with only a few travel powers and no combat ones or enemies.
>>
I loved this game as we.

Mostly CoH. And I remember entering costume contests and winning some of them.

Also remember the end of the beta to CoV and getting to fight the devs who were playing their heroes and they were destroying shit.

Shame I never got to play the xpac. I really wish there was a private server or they brought it back as that other hero MMO just wasn't the same
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.