[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I know we've had a few JRPG threads the past few days,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: DQHTWTWBB_-_Alena_v.2.png (267 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
DQHTWTWBB_-_Alena_v.2.png
267 KB, 720x720
So I know we've had a few JRPG threads the past few days, but most have been good.

I just wanted to ask, what are some simplistic JRPGS on DS/3DS? I'm really into Dragon Quest and have played most of them (waiting for VII and VIII localization) I've also played Radiant Historia. I recently bought FF 3 but kinda regretting it as I've been told it's a bad game.

So any recommendations on handheld? Also general JRPG discussion thread.
>>
bravely default for 3ds is a throwback to the final fantasy V era of jrpgs which is really nice.

the pokemon games also kind of apply.
>>
>>319866140
Massive fan of Pokemon, were the only turn based style games I used to play until a few years ago when I got into DQ on a whim, I think it's why I like the simplicity.

I also love the medieval swords and magic settings for these games, which is why FF puts me off so much.
>>
puts you off? all the final fantasies, well, pre-6/7, are set in medieval european settings. coastal towns, mountain hamlets, lots of norse/roman mythology and monsters. classes like bards, knights, priests etc
>>
>>319866352
Yeah I know, that's why I've bought 3, only problem is I've been told it's the worst one which is kinda depressing.
>>
>>319866245
>which is why FF puts me off so much
>FF
>not medieval swords and magic
The only FF games that aren't "swords and magic" are 7, 8 and 13.
>>
>>319866471
Alright I shoulda said "some".

Also you're forgetting 10 and 11.
>>
>>319866530
10 is very much swords and magic, only the prologue is set in a "futuristic" city.
>>
>>319866613
Alright then, still doesn't change the fact that I simply don't like the games or their setting.
>>
>>319866042
Alena is too cute. Never expected her to be a melee fighter though, since she kinda looks like a spellcaster.

Bought DQIV on mobile after playing Dragon Quest Heroes because of her design. It's pretty much my first JRPG and I'm loving it.
>>
>>319866676
Maybe you wanted to say that you prefer high fantasy settings?
>>
>>319866730
She's my favourite character, when i first saw her I knew I wasn't going to use her because I didn't want another mage type.

My fucking face when she starts punching the shit out of everything, she stayed in my team til the end of the game.
>>
>>319866676
twelve was pretty good, it was all about european/venician style city state wars and that kind of stuff. the voiceacting was top notch, kind of set in the era. instead of pink haired girls dancing everywhere, you had queen regents and shit. it had a bit more mature of a theme, but it wasnt a handheld game, so that doesnt really help
>>
>>319866676
No you're simply a fucking hypocrite dipshit since literally every single FF game from 1 to 5 as well as 9, 12 and 14 is very much sterotypical tolkien medieval high fantasy that you like so much.
>>
>>319866457
>I've been told it's the worst one
you've been misinformed, its a great game, the job system gives you nice options, especially in terms of bosses. if you're stuck try switching jobs instead of grinding.
>>
>>319866890
Why are you so upset?
I've never claimed to know much about the series, by opinion was based off what I'd played.

Calm down you fucking autist.
>>
>>319866956
>FF fanboy.
>not being upset by every single criticism.
>calming down.

Haha, good one anon.
>>
>>319866956
You said you hate the entire fucking series despite knowing literally nothing about it and you dismissed recommendations for it and Bravely Default purely based on your irrational and ignorance-fueled hatred toward it.
That's why I am mad you fucking inbred piece of dogshit anal raped mongrel.
>>
>>319867382
>dismissed recommendations for it and Bravely Default

Are you unable to read?
I've played BD, I enjoyed it. I've also just ordered FF 3 to play it because it's a setting I think I'd enjoy.

You really need to let yourself calm down before you post, otherwise you sound kinda dumb!
>>
>>319867480
You flat out said the entire series puts you off you fucking faggot.
Read your own post >>319866245 and kill yourself you subhuman trash.
>>
>>319867559
To which I replied, "I probably should have said some FF games" I admitted I was wrong, yet you still wana keep this drama going?

Keep crying, it wont make me like your shitty games any more.
>>
>>319866352
Only FFs with "proper" class systems are III, V and XII.

>>319866940
Except that the stat gains can fuck you up. I honestly hate III because of its limited phoenix downs. Especially in the beginning it's fucking frustrating.
>>
>>319867559

>getting this mad over someone who misspoke when talking about his opinion on a video game series

Jesus Christ, dude.
>>
>>319867736
I'll admit the thing that really brought me to buying 3 was the class system, it was somehting I seriously loved in DQ 6 ( i think?) I'll have to give V a go if I ever get the chance.
>>
>>319867823
I WISH I COULD FUCKING KILL YOU, YOU SHITPOSTING LITTLE TURD
>>
Tried getting into Final Fantasy. Played FF4, FF5, FF7 and FF10 and I'm tired already.

This stuff is really casual, there's no challenge at all. Since people are always putting these games as the epitome of RPGs. I though I'll be getting into some really nerdy stuff, like Baldur's Gate or something.

I can't contain how disappointed I am with Sephiroth after /v/ talking so much about how badass he is and hearing so much about how he is the best boss that ever made.

I kinda want to steer clear alway from JRPGs now, but there is still Chrono Trigger, DQ and Super Mario RPG for me to try. I hope I can have at least a bit of fun with those.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.