[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lords of the Fallen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 20151204_074950_resized.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151204_074950_resized.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1080
This game isn't even half bad.

Why did people shit on it so much?
>>
>>319865914
Its ok, has a bad rep for being a Dark Souls 'rip off' but it's really no more a rip off than most modern third person shooters are rip offs of Resident Evil 4.
>>
idk but I would like it more if the environments were more varied

But it's nice
>>
>>319865914
Soulsfags are memesters and were butthurt someone made a game like Souls that had better visuals and wasn't console exclusive.
>>
the overall armor and character designs are fucking awesome. picking it up monday on that basis alone.
>>
How long is it?
>>
>>319865914
>Why did people shit on it so much?
Because it's not Dark Souls.

Other than that, it has too few enemies and areas, and it crashed a fuckton at launch. Plus you can't go further than NG++ and it lacks multiplayer so people had to get gud and couldn't mess with other people's game.

At most you'd get 30h out of it.
>>
Its Dark Souls without the spooky atmosphere or great level design.
>>
>>319866862
>Plus you can't go further than NG++

Is it a major negative? Who cares about that?
>>
>>319866928
The places are interconnected just like in DS

What "level design"?
>>
It's incredibly slow and boring.
All weapon animation are very clunky. Even the fastest dexfag weapons feel like slow str weapons and slow str weapons swing for an hour. Unique weapons are garbage mostly even though they have potentially interesting concept like a shield that shoots shields.
It's very easy to break with heavy armor up to the point you stop receiving any damage. Throw a regen buff in and you are immortal.
Level design of a few places is actually pretty interesting, but in most places devolves to the clusterfuck of samey rooms.
And i fucking HATE the game aesthetics. Everything is bulky, ugly and generic, weapons and armors have more edges than soul of Donte.
The only good idea the game introduced is that shield on your back stops damage from behind.
>>
>>319866976
Taking away replayability is a major negative. Even more when some weapons are put behind a easily missable once-per-playthrough key item.
>>
Was it ever cracked?
>>
>>319867573
A long time ago already.
>>
>>319865914
Because this is /v/ and every game is shit on.

But this one was mainly shit on because Souls fags who didn't like the fact it was like their game.
>>
>>319867573
Yes.

No one pirated it because it was so boring.
>>
>>319865914

Denovo (PC Pirate Race hype games, like it or not) and the fact that it is a rip off of Dark Souls combat, but shallower.

It's alright, though. I liked it. Bosses where a bit too predicitable at times, but it had that thing where bosses would eventually become regular enemies you would encounter as you progressed which I liked.
>>
>>319867338
>Even the fastest dexfag weapons feel like slow str weapons and slow str weapons swing for an hour

This is just false...
>>
>>319866857
about 10-15 hours
>>
>>319866393
but lotf came out after dark souls came out on PC
>>
Which class is best?
>>
File: hark a en.png (6 KB, 430x264) Image search: [Google]
hark a en.png
6 KB, 430x264
>>319865914

It's a combination of buttblasted Soulsfags (who usually are at each other's throats if there's nothing else to shit on) and buttblasted piratefags (Denuvo).

The game itself is OK. Really not better or worse than Souls games. Some pvp could've probably extended its life a bit more.
>>
>>319865914
>This game isn't even half bad.
Yes. And it doesn't mean the game is good.
>>
>>319865914
Because of the infinite shilling campaign for a mediocre game.

Fuck off, shill. Denuvo = no purchase.
>>
It can't be that good if it's anything like the souls games, since they're shit
>>
>>319870713
It's cracked ages ago.
>>
>>319865914
>>319866348
>>319866862

I was looking forward to this game back when it came out BECAUSE it was a Souls-Clone.

But:
>No character selection
>the character that's forced on you is an asshole that looks like shit
>Shitty story
>Bad Framerate
>FAR TOO easy(!!!)
>Too short
>Everything about this game sucks
it does not have a single redeeming quality. This game just sucks.
You could disect this game pixel by pixel and detail by detail - and every detail about this game, every pixel, every little element of the game for itself is just bullshit - and all of it combined ammout to a huge fucking mountain of bullshit that you SHOULD AVOID!
>>
>>319867525
Don't people generally start new games to play different builds?
>>
>>319870713
>Denuvo
What is denuvo?
>>
>>319870997
It didn't feel easier or harder than dark souls, and I beat dark souls multiple times

Maybe because you can level up with no consequence? like in ds youd get out of pvp range
>>
>>319870997
>No character selection
>the character that's forced on you is an
asshole that looks like shit
Who gives a shit? What the fuck?

>Shitty story
It's whatever, not like you play dark souls for the story, or do you?

>Bad Framerate
Idk about that, works fine for me but a buggy release can be a dealbreaker

>FAR TOO easy(!!!)
Didn't feel much easier than ds

>Too short
agreed
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.