[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>everyone shitting about mgs v having repetitive gameplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Snapshot - 19.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot - 19.jpg
175 KB, 1280x720
>everyone shitting about mgs v having repetitive gameplay list 3 games that don't have repetitive gameplay
>>
>>319862382
Nice try Kojima, but MGSV is a special case of 'Complete the same two objectives over and over', even in the exact same locations
>>
I had no issue with chapter 1 but most of chapters 2's missoms being just harder versions of chapter 1's was unacceptable
>>
>>319862576
most games have the same objectives these days go here kill this , go there retrieve it

>>319862579
can't argue with that
>>
The problem is not the repetitiveness of the missions, it's rather the feeling that most of them have no meaning in the whole.
In past games everything you did was a meaningful part of the grand scheme, in V there are just a handful of missions that actually relate to the main story.
>>
>>319863225
On top of an boring empty world.
>>
>>319862382
>I dont know how green text works
>>
>>319863225
well thats the point right , they are trying to build themselves , so they are taking every job they can
>>
>>319862382
MGS1
MGS3
MGS4
>>
Gone Home
Undertale
PewDiePie: Legend of the Brofist
>>
>>319862382
The problem is that it's repetitive for 100 hours
>>
>>319863424
I suppose you're right, but it would work better if the story was as fleshed out as we were initially led to believe, so that it wouldn't feel like 90% of the missions are filler
>>
>>319863436
mgs 1
>corridor
>cutscene
>corridor

mgs 3
>forset
>cutscene
>forest

mgs 4
>cutscene
>corridor
>cutscene
>>
>>319863575

You haven't described any gameplay though.
>>
>>319863575
Why are you naming areas and cutscenes you can skip instead of gameplay anon
>>
>>319863508
haven't played gone home , brofist

in undertale its mostly preventing the heart from touching the white pelets , while using mercy
>>
gone home

not like anyone played it twice
>>
>>319863665
>>319863667
gameplay is mostly grinding through corridors or an area , till you get to a point and then a cutscene is triggered and then you repeat step 1
>>
that game about being a fly who flys to the lightbulb in the ceiling. theres only one action, and you cant repeat it.

it cant be repetitive if theres literally nothing to repeat.
>>
File: 01f.jpg (99 KB, 676x485) Image search: [Google]
01f.jpg
99 KB, 676x485
>>319863784
No you walk through the corridors not trying to get seen by enemies

There's usually a boss to mix things up and force you into offence
>>
>>319862382
Nowhere near the extent that MGSV does it homie
>>
>>319863952
no offence but isn't that repetitive
>>
http://www.kongregate.com/games/saint777/shortest-game-ever

here you go op
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.