[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So will playing this game before the original Xenoblade Chronicles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg (139 KB, 322x400) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Chronicles_X_-_Boxart.jpg
139 KB, 322x400
So will playing this game before the original Xenoblade Chronicles for me? Will it be hard to go back and play the original?
>>
>>319861174
Probably difficult, yes.

The combat is more fleshed out and dynamic, and your movement is FAR better in XBCX than XBC.

However, XBC had a better storyline. I didnt like the gameplay for the first that much, but the story kept me going.
>>
>>319861650
So you like the gameplay better in XCX more than XC? What makes X better?
>>
>>319861736
In XC, it was a lot more limited. You had no control over your class or anything, just which characters you used and which arts you used for them. Most strategies revolved around Staggering+Toppling the fuck out of everything, until Spikes were introduced, which was just a bullshit way to try and get you to vary it up.

In X, you build your own class from the ground up and can mix and match weapons when you max out a class. You also have 2 wepaons per class. TP management is more vital between the arts you use, and Overdrive. Overdrive itself is an entire pursuit worth exploring and going nuts with. Staggering+Toppling still exists, as do Spikes, but theyre both way less prevelant. Its not the only strategy present. Added to all of that, there's the Skell gameplay which is fun as hell.

In short, its more varied and has more depth to it.
>>
>>319862603
Which would you say you like more as a game?
>>
>>319862761
X by far.

The first was alright. I wasnt too hot on it, a lot of people liked it though. The new one is way more open, a lot more to do and see. Storylines weaker, but not bad.. its not like I play games for stories anyway, I always view that as a bonus.

The first is worth as shot, though. It aint bad.
>>
>>319862603
Overdrive sucks. It's just spamming. The "depth" is figuring out how to make it endless so you can spam forever. XCX combat is faster, but duller
>>
>>319861174
I might get it for Xmas, are the 15$ additionnal bucks worth the collector edition?
>>
>>319865719

At this point, if you can find it, it is. The artbook is decent. You can (and should) hack the memory stick because it's a piece of shit with lots of sketchy shit on it. It can be reformatted for 1GB of space or popped open and use the shell as a USB stick that looks neat.
>>
>>319865719
Yes, you should get it for the map alone

>[important material] is located at [location]
>can look up the location on the map instead of googling a walkthrough

Makes it feel more authentic
>>
>>319863503
>>319862603
Disagree with all of this. X is a bloated grindfest with almost no story and tons of filler.

>>319865432
I agree with this.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.