[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gog Winter Sale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
Gog is giving away Giants: Citizen Kabuto for free

http://www.gog.com/game/giants_citizen_kabuto
>>
Man, I haven't played that game in years. I think I still have the disc of it somewhere. I never really used Gog before, so thanks for bringing this up.
>>
Timmy?
>>
Oh sweet. I lost my disc years ago. I got that and Deus Ex free with my GPU in like 2003.
>>
Wait, how does this even work? Clicking on the game's store page kicks me to the main page, and clicking on the "Get For Free" option on the main page just sends me back to the game's store page.
>>
>>319864809

I think you need to be logged in with an account, clicking the 'claim' button on the main page gives you the game (at some point, it sometimes takes them a few minutes before the game appears on your library).
>>
>>319864897
I was logged in, but it was still sending me back and forth. I was able to actually claim it via GoG Galaxy, though.
>>
>>319861137
Sweet, I also found out that apparently I also have Dungeon Keeper Gold, Ultima 4, and Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire that I didn't realise I owned
>>
>>319861137
one of the best games ever

I'd hope that all the free copies would revive the multiplayer for a little but I know no one actually plays gog games
>>
Thanks anon, Claimed.

now what is this game even about?
>>
>>319867056
Prowrestler godzilla vs flying alien chavs and sexe water girl
>>
>>319867056

It's about having one more game to pad your massive backlog/library of games you own but haven't ever touched.
>>
>>319861137
Got it
Thank you niglet
>>
>>319867056
Action RTS
>>
>>319868473
>NWN 2 Complete, Gothic 2 and CoR assault on dark athena not even installed once
Damn anon

>>319868632
Ahh.. too bad, thanks anyway.
>>
welp, I cant log in because it keeps telling me user not found, even after I just reset my password
>>
>>319867056
At first, it's a 3rd Person Shooter with nice gimmicks and a load of sense of humor.

Then it turns additionally into an RTS when base building is involved.
>>
>>319866620
>but I know no one actually plays gog games

I do
>>
game goes downhill big time after the first "chapter"
delphi is boring as fuck which is weird because she's faster than the marine dudes, can fly further, and has kickass magic and stuff
kabuto chapter is fucking trash
it's just boring
it's so fucking dull and boring and slow
don't even get me started on how fucking buggy it is either
it's like they couldn't finish the game in time and just released it anyway. has anyone even played the final mission? you clip through fucking everything

it's just so fucking disappointing after how fucking radical and magical the first chapter is
>>
>>319872250
multiplayer is fun as fuck
>>
File: 1449450229735.jpg (26 KB, 335x276) Image search: [Google]
1449450229735.jpg
26 KB, 335x276
>>319868473
>It's about having one more game to pad your massive backlog/library of games you own but haven't ever touched.

Man I still ahve PS2 games in my backlog.

I don't see myself ever clearing my backlog.
>>
>>319872352
wait
there's a multiplayer?
jesus christ please tell me more
>>
meanwhile steam is giving out nothing and everybody is giving Gaben their christmas money
>>
>>319872409
siren build her base
marines build their base
and kabuto fucking around jumping killing
>>
>>319872470
>meanwhile steam is giving out nothing and everybody is giving Gaben their christmas money

Didn't you know? GoG is satan while Steam and Valve are based.
>>
>>319872490
the multiplayer
has base building
with all 3 races being in it
it's not a generic "kill each other" kind of thing

why did i not know about this?
fuck that sounds fun
>>
>>319872528
well then, i guess satan is a very nice individual
>>
File: 1430015312418.jpg (85 KB, 760x570) Image search: [Google]
1430015312418.jpg
85 KB, 760x570
>Buy a copy of the PS2 version years ago
>Manual has instructions for online multiplayer, remapping keyboard/mouse controls, and changing the graphics settings for your video card
>They literally copy/pasted the entire PC manual without changing anything
>>
I can pirate it all year long
so what's the deal
>>
I loved giants but come on it's current year. Who cares anymore?
>>
i remember being amazed at the sunshine effects in this game and laughing my ass off a lot.
>>
File: 1449355111581.jpg (25 KB, 250x201) Image search: [Google]
1449355111581.jpg
25 KB, 250x201
Is multiplayer still alive?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.