[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /v/ Most difficult Dark Souls boss across all games and DLCs.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: S&O.png (1 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
S&O.png
1 MB, 1360x768
Ok /v/

Most difficult Dark Souls boss across all games and DLCs.

I'll start, Ornstein and Smough.

I know people say they are easy but fuck man I was stuck on them for days.
>>
Seath the scaleless or wotever was super hard for me
>>
Manus for me
>>
>>319861073
same
>>
The whole reason O&S are easy is because they're one of the very few bosses in the whole series where just being good at it will let you beat it, no bullshit is going to come out of nowhere, there's no way to cheese it easier than it would be to fight them normally, and executing a winning strategy will work every time as long as you do it properly, and if it doesn't it's because you're either bad or the strategy doesn't work.

This is also exactly why people who are terrible at the game think it's a hard boss.
>>
>>319860857
Old Monk was impossible, had to cut my internet because everyone I fought was just stupid hard.
>>
>>319861239
welp I guess im terrible at the game then lel
>>
>>319861239
Makes sense I guess, always getting hit by Ornstein's offscreen or hidden behind fatty attacks. Even worse is when I die to super ornstein. Dodging/iframing everything is impossible for me.
>>
>>319861539
did you kill Smough first?
Genuinely curious.
>>
DS difficult bosses , HAHA
They got nothing on the dlc for Bloodborne. (That is way too hard btw)
>>
>>319860857
Fool's Idol

I had no idea ;__;
>>
Super Ornstein is the hardest boss. Just for the fact that to get to him, you have to attack smough. While Ornstein can attack through him.
Manus is pretty easy if you stay back and strafe to the right. Roll when needed.

Don't even need a pendant or armor.
Artorias is a pain in the ass if you don't stop his buffs.

In retrospect though, Kalameet is the hardest boss in the game. If you're going for a tail cut.
>>
>>319861539
Super ornstein is an unstoppable rage train, kill ornstein first and you literally fight what may as well be a normal trash mob for the rest of the round.
>>
>>319861710

Get a horizontal cutting weapon and just fast roll in between his legs constantly.
Chaos Zweihander being the meme weapon of choice.
>>
>>319861641
>>319861710
Why wouldn't you kill Smough first? It's clearly the tru canon. Ornstein deserves to see that fat fuck die.
>>
O&S really aren't that hard, you just have to be opportunistic and take your time.
>>
>>319861879

Smough cosplay is funner than Ornstein cosplay.
>>
>>319860857
i was stuck on the bell gargoyles for a very long time
>>
inb4 "bro i got them on my first try" "git gud"
>>
nothing will ever beat the feeling of beating a dark souls boss that youve been stuck on for weeks.

Thats why I love the souls games.
>>
I just got through the abyss and started fighting manus. Any tips for a greatsword wielding fag?
>>
>>319862228
remove all armor and roll
>>
I legitimately have never had an exceptionally hard time on a Souls boss.
I've gotten my ass kicked a bunch, sure, but like, never to the extent that made me feel it was unfair/ruined my fun.

A few I guess I'd say are Flamelurker, Fume Knight, Orphan of Kos, Kalameet, and Seath.

Also the BB chalice dungeon bosses, but those don't really count.
>>
>>319862228

Stay back from him, strafe to the right, and dodge when needed.
His magic is gay and you need to dodge like a real nigga through it.
Strike his hand everytime he lays it down.

The worst physical attack he does is the combo, and all you gotta do is back up.
>>
Gargoyles
>>
For me it's probably Fume Knight. I respecced two times to see if I could find a way to beat him more easily.
>>
Not Dark Souls, but beating Orphan of Kos after being stuck on him for days
felt like cumming after weeks of abstinence
>>
>>319860857
I literally only think they're hard because of the choice to have slower combat in Dark Souls 1. Had the combat been more like Demon's Souls or BB it wouldn't have been that bad.

Alas, my personal choice is fucker in the pic. Mostly because it takes awhile to learn some of his magic moves. I died quite a bit to his surround magic attack until I accidentally got close to him one time and realized it just stops at him. He's a good boss in general though.
>>
>>319861365
Yeah, I don't think they thought that boss out well enough. The fact that ANY player of any strength can be the boss and get all of their buffs (including healing/regen buffs) but with 3 times the health and homing missiles. They fact they thought this was somehow okay is beyond me.

I've beaten it before against players but you have to run into some horribly underpowered people or just simple tards to win.
>>
>>319860857
Rat king.

Not so much difficult, more unfair and unfun.

As for difficulty? Flame lurker really made me git gud. I don't think that there's been such a hyper aggressive boss since.
>>
>>319862228
I've heard staying as close to him as you can will make the fight fairly easy. But I've never tested that theory.
>>
Lud and Zallen.
>>
>>319862928
Yeah I forgot about that steaming pile of shit they called a "boss".
>>
File: 1396389653694.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1396389653694.gif
2 MB, 400x225
O&S teached to git gud and stop using the biggest armor available, but I still found Manus more difficult overall.
>>
>>319863083
I hate Ludwig's first form. It's just terrible (not hard). Just generic and "flaily" if that makes sense. The second form is awesome though, and I like how it seems daunting at first but with knowledge that boss is definitely beatable with almost no damage (still get bs hit from the back up double attack sometimes because the animation is faster than dodging twice can come out). But I like the boss genuinely.
>>
I'm trying to think of Dark Souls 2 bosses I had trouble with and I honestly am having more trouble thinking of any DaS 2 bosses at all

Ornstein 2, The Mirror Knight, That Scorpion Lady, uhh...The Sentinels...
>>
>>319863301
Lud and Zallen are the gank cats from Dark Souls 2 DLC.
>>
>>319863083
I never even fought these guys because Frigid Outskirts was such an obnoxious area to traverse.
Never gave up on anything else but that.
>>
>>319863083
Literally this

Or Fume Knight is another quality contender

All and All Dark souls 2 DLC was way harder than anything Dark Souls 1
>>
>>319860857
Lud & Zallen

Holy shit
>>
>>319863301
So you basically like fights where moves are slower and way more telegraphed.

The first form only seems 'flaily' because of shorter telegraphs. The way he swings and the timings are also unique to the boss, so how is that more generic than him swinging a sword a few times?
>>
Kalameet for me
>>
>>319860857
Killed them first try lmao.
Gaping Dragon for me...
Haven't played dlc yet though
>>
File: 1437420456797.jpg (3 MB, 5372x4216) Image search: [Google]
1437420456797.jpg
3 MB, 5372x4216
I've spent the last ten New Years playing video games.
>>
>>319864360
>Gaping Dragon
is this for real?
i've never heard anyone say this was their hardest boss.
>>
>>319861673
BAIT
>>
The secret trick to the Souls games is figuring out that it's often 10x times easier to not use the lock-on and just roll when attacks come flying.
>>
>>319864286
Kalameet is only really hard if youre trying to cut his tail off. Other than that hes just another Dark souls boss. Nothing really that special
>>
>>319863440
The first time I fought them the 2nd cat glitched out on me and fell through the terrain.
I can't imagine fighting two of those fucking shits at once.
>>
>>319864550
You just have to reck one as quick as possible, then the fight is easy
>>
>>319864470
It was when I encountered him for the first time. Now he's like the rest of them I guess
>>
>>319864549
What fucked me some many times was the breath attack where he flies up. Never managed to cut his fucking tail once, don't even know how that is supposed to be possible with him moving around as muchas he does.
>>
>>319863369
The only real dificult fight in DS2 is that 3 man gangrape in one of the DLCs, but even then that fight is not diffcult in a good way.
>>
>>319864707
fair enough, first experiences always are harder
>>
>>319861239
>no bullshit is going to come out of nowhere,
The vast majority of bosses are like that.
FROM have been removing bosses that have cheap bullshit. It went from every world in DeS having a cheap boss, to only a handful in DaS, and even less in DaS2.
>>
I want to say Ludwig, but that might just be because I was underleveled on NG+
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.