[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just started MOTHER 3, and holy shit, it's great. I played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: mother-3-dragos.png (7 KB, 825x429) Image search: [Google]
mother-3-dragos.png
7 KB, 825x429
I just started MOTHER 3, and holy shit, it's great. I played EarthBound a long time ago, so I don't know why I never just got around to playing this game until now. What do you guys think about it?

Spoilers are welcome, I already know how the game itself ends.
>>
It's a great game. It started out a little slow for me, I liked the atmosphere and everything i just wasn't fully gripped into it until the timeskip.
>>
>>319852546
The world of Mother 3 was artificially created in efforts to save humanity
>>
>>319852546
it's pretty good as far as jrpgs go. still liked earthbound more.
>>
I enjoyed it, but it tries way too fucking hard to be emotional.
>>
Rhythm attack thing sucks and doesn't work with emulation, which is how you have to play it because it was never localized. Ending is unsatisfying and makes no sense.

Other than that it's okay.
>>
>>319852546
Liked Earthbound more

Story was predictable and on the emotional side but it still did its job well. Would love to see it get an official port to the West.
>>
>>319852857
You, stop that.
>>
>>319852546
It starts reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally slow. Gets good when it gets going, though.
>>
For a game that basically in development hell for years, it came out alright. I like some parts of it better than Earthbound

Also, aspect raidou OP
>>
>>319853196
You type like a redditor
>>
>>319852546
Mother 3's the game Earthbound wishes it could be, at least in terms of gameplay. My only real complaint is the fact that some of your party members can be gone for too long.

>>319853109
>Rhythm attack thing sucks and doesn't work with emulation, which is how you have to play it because it was never localized.
I've been able to get a full combo before on one of the starter songs in the game. Even with the later corruptions and off-tempo shit, it's not that hard to at least hit a 5-8 combo. Yeah, it's a bitch that it's offset compared to the music, but the rhythm is still the same, you just gotta time it differently.

>Ending is unsatisfying and makes no sense.
What about it was confusing for you? I thought it explained shit fairly well, considering.
>>
>>319853109
The only problem with rhythm battles is that they don't make sense to people who are tone deaf, the only way some people would ever figure it out is if you used Dusters Hypno pendulum
>>
>>319853109
I don't know why people say this, I've been consistently able to get perfect combos on VBA.
>>
It's good, not as good as EB, incredibly overrated. The graphics are some of the best on the GBA and the rhythm attacks are a really nice touch that makes the gameplay infinitely more engaging than both prior entries. Ending is kind of lame.
>>
>>319853109
>doesn't work with emulation
Nigga I'm playing it on a PSP and it works great.
>Ending is unsatisfying and makes no sense
Not saying you're wrong, but there's a shitload of evidence that higher-ups stepped in and fucked with it. Go read some interviews and check out TCRF, apparently the final boss was going to be a no-dialog nightmarish hell, tanetane was going to be even screwier, and there's some unused content that implies multiple endings.
>>
Itoi had almost no part in it and it's plainly obvious. It feels very little like Mother 1 or 2.

Was still a great game, but I feel like much of the surreal element of the game felt very forced compared to Mother 2.

The ending was kind of shit, too.
>>
>The game doesn't start properly until 5-10 hours in when you're finally playing as 13 year old Lucas

I fucking hate chapter systems in RPGs.
>>
This is the only game that's made me cry (during the final fight): https://youtu.be/5c0TUPV3ZZI?t=1052
>>
>>319856790

Me too. Even watching the ending in jewtube gets me every time.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.