[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DD pretty ruined all Phoenix character development >stone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Demon117-Hobo_Phoenix.jpg (16 KB, 224x327) Image search: [Google]
Demon117-Hobo_Phoenix.jpg
16 KB, 224x327
DD pretty ruined all Phoenix character development

>stone cold unshakeable, professional gambler who has learned how to control his emotions all these years

>no longer cry for Mia help every time he's in trouble

>gets badge back

>W-WAAAAAH S-SORRY YOUR HONOR!! HEHEHEHE!

you have 10 second to defend Dual Destinies
>>
>>319851156
I'M FINE
>>
You have 10 seconds to defend Apollo Justice.

That game was a mistake that Capcom thankfully realized.
>>
I won't. It was a mistake to change Phoenix that way.
>>
>>319851267
IM FINE!!!
>>
Apollo Justice is a horrible fucking turd and you can go kill yourself OP you autistic shitposting cunt
>>
>>319851156
Why defend DD when it was AJ that ruined Phoenix and turned him into an emotionless loser as a father.
DD pretending it never happend was the best thing about it.
>>
>>319851156

Further proof that the Japanese are incompetent writers.
>>
File: 1325750296826t.jpg (254 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1325750296826t.jpg
254 KB, 1024x768
>>319851156

Not having Maya was the biggest mistake they made, if she's not in the next one I'm done with the franchise.
>>
But it isn't a regression in DD at all. At least not entirely. True he's bluffing it up like before, but if you compare his mannerisms and inner monologue to the trilogy games, you'll find that he's a lot more confident in his actions and actually knows what the fuck he's doing.
Also I feel it's rather unfair to compare NPC Wright from AJ with the Wright in DD that you actually play as, because the latter has to be written to look like a retard at some points to account for the player failing. Hobo Wright could be as much of a cool smart awesome bluffer mastermind as he wanted be because there wasn't anyone that could force him to be wrong.
>>
File: 1449888049813.png (414 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1449888049813.png
414 KB, 640x426
>>319851757
>Maya
>Not Iris

lmao no thanks familia
>>
DD was poorly written all around, there's really no defending it. The whole thing felt phoned in. It had gotten to the point during the last two cases where I was skipping through the "Oh fuck there's no more witnesses we're screeee- HOLD IT" shit because they were doing it 3 times per case

I dunno, I didn't like DD at all
>>
I always thought that Phoenix seemed something like this to regular people.

He just seemed really confident and relaxed because you can't hear his internal monologue when he's freaking the fuck out.
>>
>>319851156
>>no longer cry for Mia help every time he's in trouble

How is this one bad?
>>
>Capcom takes a new character and changes him into Phoenix so fangirls don't cry about a lack of Phoenix
>Returns him to his normal self in the next game

If anything, AJ ruined him.
>>
>>319852789
I feel like what actually suffered in DD is the writing of the cases. It felt stream-of-consciousness in a way, like they planned it from the perspective of the how the player would see things play out, instead of developing the crime first and building how the case played out around it. It made everything feel a lot messier.
>>
>>319851156
Phoenix acted like a dick in Apollo Justice because he treated with Trucy, was free to do whatever the fuck he wanted and was still depressed after losing his badge.

In Dual Destinies he got over his slump after sitting on the idea of getting his badge back for a few months, is a bit more confident after those lessons, isn't reliant on last minute evidence anymore and takes on a mentor position to Apollo and Athena.

>no longer cry for Mia help every time he's in trouble
This happened in T&T, not Apollo

Hobo Phoenix was the worst thing to happen to the character anyway and only happened because of executive meddling. If the series has to keep him around I'll gladly take a return to form.
>>
>>319854628
*cheated with Trucy
I need to go to bed
>>
jesus christ OP how many fucking times are you going to make this thread and whine about the same nonsense?

>>319854628

This.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.