[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have ten seconds to explain how this wasn't the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: MistsofPandaria.jpg (145 KB, 1536x960) Image search: [Google]
MistsofPandaria.jpg
145 KB, 1536x960
You have ten seconds to explain how this wasn't the best expansion.

Hard mode: No "muh metal, muh edge, I'm too hard for kung fu pandashit"
>>
Pandas were an easter egg, not something that would constitute an entire 2 year expansion being made out of them

Monks don't fit the "tolkein-esque" fantasy setting Warcraft is known for

Pandaria is pretty much Asian stereotype: The Continent
>>
>>319848404
>Easter Egg
Chen had multiple scenes in War3

>Tolkein-esque
This shit has NEVER been high fantasy. It's always been Warhammer-derived with steampunk.

>Asian stereotype: The Continent
Not even wrong. Trolls are rasta stereotype: The Race. Northrend was full of scandinavian stereotypes and myths, along with Inuit stereotypes.

The whole game is full of that shit.
>>
>>319847809
Anything after patch 3.2 is liquid shit. That's the exact point WoW killed the entire genre.
>>
by making multiples versions of gear and dungeons, they took away the exclusiveness that was worth grinding for and gave it to the casual shit bags who went, saw it and then took off because they just saw the whole game. They took away giving a shit and now no one gives a shit and the game is shit
>>
>>319847809
It wasn't the expansion I played.
>>
>>319849067
Ulduar best raid, crusader shit worst raid.
>>
They shouldn't make hard modes. There should be content that is hard and content that is easy and those two things shouldn't be the same. It's like trying to give your friend mad props for sleeping with a slutty fat chick, nobody deserves props for that shit.
>>
File: The_Lich_King_HD.png (363 KB, 500x477) Image search: [Google]
The_Lich_King_HD.png
363 KB, 500x477
mists of pandaria guaranteed 2 years chock full of redundant eastern influenced armor, weapons, etc. and introduced the big bad which was literally the remnants of yet another OLD GOD. who CORRUPTED yet another individual.

the saving grace of this expac was Garrosh literally BTFOing the pandas, horde, and alliance all the while making World of Warcraft actually be a game about conflict between the two player factions. The colonial aspect of both of said factions dominating the island would have been an interesting plot point, but was promptly forgotten after the first patch and ultimately discarded.

a bonus point is given however for being the only expac that made me actually feel badass as a warrior for just a tiny brief moment before everything was stripped away to favor ice mages and retadins once again.

pic related was the best expac and in my opinion, and gave me the much needed closure from Warcraft III.
>>
I've wiped so many times because I was staring at my panda's butt instead of playing.
>>
File: Ok.jpg (29 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
Ok.jpg
29 KB, 375x305
>>319847809
The story line could have been better
>An ancient evil awakens

The new race could have been better
>bug people, water people, underground people, sky people whatever

The new mechanics could have been better
>3 different skills because our audience is either too dumb to reason with logic and math or too young

The server game play could have been better
>F2P with skins/morgs or items that doesn't affect PvP PvE that could cost actual money, instead of monthly fee

The costumization could have been better
>we gave male pandas the chance to have a scar, that will make you different from others

The stats style could have been better
>instead of having 2M HP, why not just chunk down the numbers and quit pretending to be mathmaticians calculating till the last digit

The new map could have bee better
>map wasn't even as big as Howling Fjord
>>
>>319850804
>F2P
How in the fuck would that make things better? Having a fucking paygate keeps SOME of the trash out at least.
>>
I'd consider it high tier. The raids were great and the game felt more unique. They put a lot of heart into Mists that you can tell wasn't all there in Draenor. You could feel the love they put into the expansion, despite it tapering off at the end with the long SoO tier.

It felt like Wrath at its best.

That said, it had stupid ideas with gear being shared through tiers to remove their unique look, it had terrible dungeon philosophy, and the early daily grind felt too constricting despite their desire for the exact opposite.
>>
>>319851042
>keeps SOME

don't lie to yourself
>>
>>319851042
if it was F2P, others F2P wouldn't be so popular now.
>>
>>319851403
F2P MMOs are just full of trash. WoW is like the VIP section of MMOs. Cover charge, 2 drink minimum.
>>
>>319847809

I didnt like the setting myself. Perhaps the expansion was good, I dunno. Levelled to max and quit. If I wanted to play an asian MMO I'd play some korean grindfest.
>>
>>319847809
Great xpac, but I have some beefs:

Dungeons were all short and not super great. Though WoD's are arguably worse.

PvP Power and PvP Defense were probably the worst PvP has ever been. By halfway through the expansion, it was nigh impossible for a new player to gear up. What a fucking joke.

There wasn't as much to do in the world as in WoD. It's ironic because of garrisons, but like standing around in Dal during Wrath and Shatt during BC, most of the end-game in Mists was standing around in the Veil capital waiting for queues to pop.

Started out with the stat model that could've worked, big health and relatively small heals. By SoO, it was back to ICC-style spikyness and inflated stat craziness.

Also SoO was fucking looooooooooooong. Throne and Isle of Thunder should've been longer, those were fucking excellent. Much like Ulduar, they ended way too early. I feel like BC was the only expansion that was well-paced, with maybe Sunwell being a bit too short by a few weeks. Otherwise, near-perfect.
>>
>>319851615
But anon, there are still trash people in WoW, making it P2P only makes the game less popular and thus less playable, go to Ironforge and count the people there.

Done?

Around 10 players MAX.

When ALL the games were made to be paid to play, you'd find people in Ironforge, now instead of paying a monthly fee, I rather play a shit mmo for free.

Or at least pay only the game.

Btw if you're still paying Blizz well then grats on giving away your money for frustrating hours of grind, and bullshit they pull through.

... and ganks at low level.
>>
>>319852053
>pay for a shit game
>play for free for a shit game

well gee..
>>
>>319852053
they should try the f2p, i bet the new flow of people would be great for the game
>>
>>319852053
Ironforge is a shit city

That's why there's nobody there
>>
>>319852053
The reason why Ironforge isn't populated is because there's nothing that they have that Stormwind doesn't and in a faster capacity

If the cities all had exclusive things to them, people would be hanging out anywhere, really.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.