[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In the next Animal Crossing game, would you rather have... >Another
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: kind of a disappointment.jpg (99 KB, 896x480) Image search: [Google]
kind of a disappointment.jpg
99 KB, 896x480
In the next Animal Crossing game, would you rather have...

>Another attempt at making a City as a separate area that you travel to by bus that has stores that aren't immediately accessible in your town

>Main Street (Like in New Leaf) that develops into a more City-like area as the game goes on
>>
Also, Animal Crossing game discussion thread I guess
>>
>>319845905
I haven't played an Animal Crossing game since Wild World.
Is it worth getting back into?
Also the second option sounds more fun.
>>
I WANT BETTER DIALOG AND NEIGHBOR INTERACTIONS.

MAYBE IF YOU REDISGN A NEIGHBORS HOUSE FOR YOU THEY'LL LET YOU MOVE AND REPLACE THEIR STUFF.

I DUNNO, JUST A THOUGHT...
>>
>>319846006
New Leaf is leaps and bounds ahead of Wild World in terms of content, and if you enjoyed that you'd love New Leaf
>>
>>319846218
They should take the furniture movement and stuff from HHD and put it in the next one.
>>
Build your own city, shops, roads, landmarks, houses.
>>
>>319845905
I don't know. I really really liked how nooks store grew and changed radically as you progressed. Just add more of everything, add snes games and shit to the furniture collectibles.
>>
i want to be able to own my own store, kinda like reccettear
>>
Careers would be a cool idea to implement in the next main installment. Mayor and Home Designer would be shoe-ins, of course.

I'd rather have an area that grew as I kept playing, so option 2.
>>
I want to be able to set maybe one or two villagers as unable to move out. Like give them a job or something that makes them vital to the town development / upkeep. I hate not playing for a few days and finding out my best bro is gone.
>>
>>319848148
I remember that happening it me with this qt rat girl. I sent to my friends town months later and we saw each other and she acted all awkward but cool.
>>
>keep the Mayor and City Planning stuff
>expand it to include LETTING ME PLACE HOUSES WHERE I FUCKING WANT THEM TO GO
I'd also like a bit more control over which Villagers live in my town.
I've had goddamn Astrid the kangaroo in my town since I started, and she won't move away no matter what I do.
>>
>>319849938
Can't you report them as troublesome or whatever if you want them gone in New Leaf?
>>
If they just released New Leaf with NES games and an in-game apology for Happy Home Designer I'd buy four copies at $59.99 each.
>>
>>319850059
In theory, yes.
It's not as easy as that. I've been trying since 2013.
>>
>>319845905

I really loved the main street from New Leaf

the city was cool too it just felt too distant

but what I would really like is if they did the main street idea again but actually made the street run right through your town rather than being a separate area at the top
>>
Put it all in the main town and make the main town bigger.
>>
I think more areas in general would be interesting. A sprawling city, caves, forests, mountains and cliffs, etc.
>>
>>319846218
give each character their own dialogue instead of just a stock set for each personality type. Would make multiples of one personality actually worth having around
>>
>>319850059
No. Basically all that's for is resetting things like if you get a streetpass move-in with "FUK YOU N1GGER" as a catchphrase. Or a Whitney showing off the explicit love letter her last mayor sent her.
>>
>>319852335
That would take way too much time unless you reduced the amount of villagers to like, 40.

I rather keep the stock set for each personality type but also add a stock set for their animal species and maybe a couple unique ones for each.
>>
>>319850124
>New Leaf with NES games

Not happening as long as the e-shop exists and Nintendo can sell them separately.
>>
>>319852734
why would you want that anyway
>>
File: 1396317485903.jpg (19 KB, 254x192) Image search: [Google]
1396317485903.jpg
19 KB, 254x192
I want the main street to be seamless with the world rather than requiring a loading screen, same deal with all the houses you enter. I would love if you could open a door and it just transitions you into the house instead of fading out into a black screen and then back in. I also want them to stick to handhelds, console ACs make absolutely no sense after NL and WW. Being able to have something to play one hour a day at the palm of your hand whenever you want is infinitely more convenient than your home console in one place.

Bring back custom villager discussions since tying it to type gets really old really fast. It's the worst with Smugs and their bottlecap and train fetish.

Make it so I can lock in a minimum of 4 villagers. In addition to this, ease up on the harsh penalties for not playing for more than two days in a row. Your town is suddenly a weed haven and some guy is usually either leaving or has already left. This is especially terrible if you had some circumstance come up that kept you away from the game for a handful of days but were working on their picture for example.

Make it so you can kick out or deny villagers to your town. Same deal with allowing the Mayor to lock characters into their town if you pay off their mortgage or something.

Make it so you can choose where houses are put, and if you don't choose within two days of them being about to move in then they automatically get assigned an area.

Cut this nonsense out with deteriorating grass.
>>
>>319852734
Why not just let the player place their VC games as items in Animal Crossing and play them from inside the game?

It'd be pretty rad if people could come over to your Animal Crossing house online and play multiplayer VC games
>>
>>319852389
>a Whitney showing off the explicit love letter her last mayor sent her.

T-that might have been me.
>>
>>319853512
>I would love if you could open a door and it just transitions you into the house instead of fading out into a black screen and then back in
>I also want them to stick to handhelds

You can't have both.
>>
>>319854012
I know, which is a real shame.
>>
I thought of some ideas the other day. If the NX turns out to be a portable + home console, they could have a city area for the console part and you could have towns connected to it. The city should be like the area in HHD and have customizable buildings. The HHD parts should be something you have to work up to instead of it being a straight simulation.

With an HHD element, there could also be the option to build houses where you want them, instead of villagers doing that themselves.
>>
>>319845905
I want less focus on the quantity of the villagers and more focus on the quality/complexity of them. I know people get impressed about there being hundreds of different villagers across the series, but when they all have basically the same actions and recycled personalities, it really isn't anything special. Cut the majority of them out, keep 30 fan favourites and give them them actual stories and unique behavioural traits.
>>
>>319854594
Just out of curiosity, which 30 'fan favorites' would you keep?

Keep in mind having only 30 villagers, and assuming none are new to the game, means cutting over cut over 90% of the cast. It also means leaving only 3-4 villagers per personality type. And at most 1 villager per animal with at least 5 entire species needing to be completely axed.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.