[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do movie games get so much hatw when most are actually good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 425x433) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 425x433
Why do movie games get so much hatw when most are actually good?
>>
Most of it is backlash from ET, but let's be honest here, most movie-based vidya isn't that good.

Exceptions certainly do exist, but by and large movie games just aren't good.
>>
>>319841345
I think it is generally because adaptations are shitty. To be fair, I think making that transformation from a movie to a video game can be tricky. Sometimes new things need to be added (plot or whatever) to extend games. Then you end up with games that have little relation to the movies. The Spiderman movie games fall under this.
>>
Hatwrs gonna hatw I guess.
>>
>>319841345
were all gba game boxes this big?
>>
>>319841345
>most

You're fucking wrong or have horrible standards.

As someone with plenty of siblings who just buy games because a movie character is on it, I've seen tons of shit
>>
Is cory in the house ACTUALLY a good game?
>>
are there even any good movie games?

Other than King Kong, that is
>>
>>319842605
>he hasn't played it
A lot of the edgy /v/ contrarians don't pay any mind to it just because it's a licensed, but its legitimately majora's mask or skyrim tier as far as being a GOAT game. So underrated.
>>
>>319842605
Spider-man 2
Evil Dead games
Godfather
Scarface

Theres a few, but they are gems really.
>>
Typically the better movie games are the ones that just deviate from the original story a little bit in order to "justify" certain levels so it's more of a game. If they try do do it where the game's story is a sequel to the movie then the gameplay might be okay but the rest of it will be shit, if they follow the movie exactly then there's no gameplay, or nothing good.
>>
>>319842605
Let's just say it's the Cory in the House of video games.
>>
>>319842812
Aladdin
Goldeneye
Toy Story
My Dinner with André
>>
Thats real?

What the fuck do you even do in it?
>>
File: X-Menoriginsvideo_game.jpg (22 KB, 256x317) Image search: [Google]
X-Menoriginsvideo_game.jpg
22 KB, 256x317
>>319842812
>>
File: 1445436265639.png (45 KB, 437x416) Image search: [Google]
1445436265639.png
45 KB, 437x416
>>319843063
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlxhHF_c0EQ
Don't watch it if you don't want the movie spoiled tho.
>>
>>319843395

Incredible.

There are now TWO videogames where you play as Tim Allen.

What a world.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.