[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo overrated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9
Does anyone else think Nintendo is overrated?

I've played Splatoon, Super Smash Bros, Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, etc. and I'm not impressed. I mean, the games are fun but nothing special.

>no voice chat (despite the built-in mic)
>no overall account system
>no cross buy

I've had more fun playing cod and EA games. IMHO Nintendo is past their prime. They peaked at the GameCube. I think I would be better off selling my Wii U for a PS4. I might or might not hold out for Zelda. Idk anymore.
>>
>>319840261
>Does anyone else think Nintendo is overrated?

Pretty much everybody since no one buys their shitty console.
>>
>>319840261
What games do you think are good?
>>
>>319840261
>I've played Splatoon, Super Smash Bros, Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, etc. and I'm not impressed.
Then you seem to have a problem we in the industry call "shit taste".
>>
File: ntsa.jpg (50 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
ntsa.jpg
50 KB, 750x563
>>319840261
>>
>>319840261
>I've had more fun playing cod and EA games
>more fun playing cod
>more fun playing EA games
>cod and EA games
>fun

Opinion discarded
>>
>>319840261
Pretty sure cross buy was for Sony to make the vita relevant since it was doing so poorlu
>>
>>319840261
inb4 ban
>>
Haha, cool thread.

I love Undertale, it's the most creative, inspired game ever.

Okay now the next poster has to top that retarded opinion, if they even can.
>>
>>319840632
The truth hurts.
>>
>>319840261
>Does anyone else think Nintendo is overrated?
no not really.
>>
>>319840261
They didn't used to be. I'm glad they try to be different but they do it in horrible ways. They should build hardware that at least matches the competitors enough to get third party support, regardless of if they get it constantly or not. I'm not being sarcastic either. If they want to at least try to make amends with third parties they need to show through action that they want those titles on their systems.

It won't happen though. They'll keep making the Marios and the Pokemons, let other franchises die, start turning some franchises into minigames, and lose everything that I used to love about them from long ago. They want a new Wii to make mad cash instead of just making quality products that sell because of said quality.
>>
>>319840805
The truth is that you're a faggot.
>>
>>319840695
And even then, most games didn't have it. I really wish the Vita had some games. Outside of Soul Sacrifice and Shinovi Versus, I pretty much regret getting one entirely, and those two aren't even very good, I just love the writing in SS, and the girls in SV.
>>
>>319840385
If that were the case they wouldn't be underrated would they you goddamn chucklefuck
>>
>>319840831
>let other franchises die
They have so many franchises that get constant releases, and you're going to bitch about the one or two that don't.
>>
>>319840805
>fun, cod, EA
>truth

The truth is you have shit taste.
>>
>>319840965

Nintendo has the loudest fanbase, specially on this board.
>>
No, it's rated rather low.
>>
>>319841030
I think he's projecting how mad he is about the non Nintendo franchises that never see the light of day anymore. I mean Nintendo takes care of most of their franchises better than other companies.
>>
>>319841041
>constantly shit on
>endless nintendo hate threads
>"god, why are there so many nintendo fans, they fucking own this board!"
>>
>>319840840
Logic > Ad hominem

Just face the facts.
>>
>>319841139
Now now, don't say that or the F-Zero guys and the Metroid fans that are getting a new game soon will freak out.
>>
>>319841223
>opinions = opinions

Your opinion is that Nintendo is overrated, my opinion is that you're a faggot. My opinion is backed up by your opinions being faggot-like.
>>
>>319840261
It's okay to admit you've grown out of those kinds of experiences. They'd have nothing to gain by blindly following the competitions moves because they're doing their own thing and have carved out their niche.
>I think I would be better off selling my Wii U for a PS4
Just get both nignog. I don't understand why people insist you can only own one game box.
>>
No one's buying their home console, so here's what's going to happen.

They'll go mobile. They'll stick to handhelds. They'll go all in with Amiibos. You can forget about anything HD with an AAA budget. That ship has sailed.
>>
>>319841276
I am a fan of both of those series.

Maybe the people you're thinking of are false-flaggers or else are just retards that only play 1 franchise of games.
>>
>>319841310
Becauise he's baiting and doesn't actually own a WiiU. Probably doesn't even play games.
>>
>>319840261
Yes, its disgustingly normie at the moment
>>
>>319841380
I am, too. GX will forever be my favorite racing game. At least some people in our fanbase aren't psychopaths.
>>
>>319841191
>constantly shit on

Only after this year's gigantic e3 fuckup. Back then it was nonstop "why don't you own a wii u?" marketing threads and apologizing for every shitty move nintendo does, which gave birth to "it's ok when nintendo does it". And there's also how nintendrones keep trying to say that nintendo is the only company that cares about gaming, and that nintendo is your friend, that somehow only their games are """fun""" (read = vague buzzword to deflect criticism) and that every non-nintendo game is a brown and bloom shooter.

Stop trying to save face. You guys made your bed, now lie on it.
>>
>>319841295
Objectively stating a sensible observation is what I'm doing. Ad hominem is what you are doing. You're a clown. Defending Nintendo like you're on the payroll.
>>
File: Gamez.jpg (365 KB, 2904x380) Image search: [Google]
Gamez.jpg
365 KB, 2904x380
>>319841469
>Yes, its disgustingly normie at the moment
Well normies have better taste than "true gamerz" like you I guess.
>>
>>319841698
>assuming I'm on a payroll because I pointed out your objectively fag-like opinions

You're engaging the Im homo fallacy you fucking faggot.
>>
>>319841683
>you guys
>everyone did such and such
>a bunch of shit that never happened anywhere but anon's head
Dude, you're nuts. Nintendo fans play games from all circles, as long as they're good. You need to put your tinfoil hat back on and head off to bed or something.
>>
>>319841276
>new game
If Soul Reaver got a new game and it was a soccer game, would that be fine? Yeah the big bad Metroid fans are sure boogiemen, but don't act like anyone wanted a shitty third person shooter on the 3DS with Metroid slapped on the name.
>>
Why wasn't this thread deleted on site.

Do your fucking job janitors.
>>
>>319841832
nice party games bud
>>
>>319842163
Nice sports and yearly Ubisoft trash games brah.
>>
File: 1449784516925.png (22 KB, 645x756) Image search: [Google]
1449784516925.png
22 KB, 645x756
>mfw you are right
>>
>>319842106
True, it's blatant console war bait, but at least it's still kind of legitimate vidya discussion, which is the best that can be hoped for during these lawless times.
>>
>>319842106
What rule did he technically break?
>>
>>319842106
>>319842295

>legitimate criticisms on Nintendo
>CONSOLE WAR BAIT!!!!
>>
>>319840261
There was a time where they lived up to their name, but not anymore.

So yes, they're overrated (now.) Or past their prime as you've already put it, peaked at the Game Cube, sank big time midway through the Wii's life cycle.
>>
>>319842342
None. He's just overreacting like a baby.
>>
>>319841191
They really did before this years E3.
>>
>>319840261
Way to overhyped by the internet
>>
>>319842783
Well it's low quality but it's not console warring.
>>
>>319840261
They are but good looking telling the truth around here. SNES was their last good console before they turned into irredeemable shit.
>>
>>319843074
*good luck
>>
>>319843074
They went to shit with the Wii.
>>
>>319840261
Playing new Nintendo games is like vaping
>>
>>319841310
>It's okay to admit you've grown out of those kinds of experiences.

I hope you aren't admitting that Nintendo's primary fanbase is still children, are you? They'd like to think they are, but that simply isn't the case anymore. The majority of children today don't give a damn about Nintendo, and that's entirely Nintendo's fault by refusing to evolve with the times, like their competitors. At least they're finally cashing in on the mobile market now.

>and have carved out their niche.

Their "niche" (aka manchildren and nostalgic adults) are becoming sick of their bullshit, and fast.
>>
Nintendo's a game company. Always has been, always will be.

They're just easing their way out of VIDEO games and returning to their roots as makers of cards and toys now that the winds have shifted. It's not really anything to be angry about.
>>
>>319843241
>Their "niche" (aka manchildren and nostalgic adults) are becoming sick of their bullshit, and fast.

Lmao....

My little brother is in high school and a lot of students play Wii U. More on the 3ds, however.
>>
>>319843354
You're right about them abandoning console and 1st-party gaming, but wrong about everything else.

They're switching to mobile games, movie/tv adaptations and theme parks now. They'll no longer make AAA HD titles or core games, but they'll jew out their IPs to comptetent AAA devs who'll do the work for them instead. And the NX will at least be decent enough to handle DQ11 and the FF7 remake, so there's that.
>>
>>319843685
>My little brother is in high school and a lot of students play Wii U. More on the 3ds, however.

Pretty sure that wasn't the case when I was in high school, while the Wii/GameCube was around. PS3/PS2 and Xbox/360 were far more popular with that age group. They probably still are.
>>
>>319843696
>And the NX will at least be decent enough to handle DQ11 and the FF7 remake

Do we know this for sure, because they were showing off Wii U ports for Battlefield 3 before the system actually came out.
>>
>>319840261
Who buys Wii U's?

Last I heard, they sold 100K
>>
>>319840261

>Does anyone else think ____________ thread

Kill yourself.
>>
>no voice chat (despite the built-in mic)

That's a good thing.
>>
>>319843354
>Nintendo's a game company
Nintendo's a toy company. Microsoft and Sony and electronics companies.

That should tell you who's better suited for making video games.
>>
>>319843846
Pretty sure a Square Enix rep accidentally leaked that DQ will be coming over to the NX.

As for the FF7 remake, well, I seriously doubt Cloud's inclusion in Smash wasn thrown in for the hell of it.

Whether they will be up to par or greater than the current console line-up remains to be seen though.
>>
>>319843830
Ps4 is more popular but the Wii U isn't totally obscure. Neither was the GameCube or Wii back when I was in middle school/high school.
>>
Modern Nintendo is.

Pre-Gamecube Nintendo was genuinely GOAT.
>>
>Nintendo
>overated

How? the whole industry and user value more the usual Activision/EA/Ubisoft kind of shit as barometer of tendences/sales/Etc.

Nintendo is the equivalent of Disney, people usually praise them because they are an icon with face value and nostalgic meaning Sometimes they miss and sometimes they hit, but when they do that, usually they bring insta-classics.
>>
>>319844169
>but the Wii U isn't totally obscure.

lmao. Maybe in Nipland but not anywhere else in the outside world.
>>
>>319843991
Eh, not really. Splatoon and cod would greatly benefit from the tablet controller's built-in mic.
>>
No one can refute the fact that Nintendo is not the consumer's choice in console.

>Pre-Gamecube Nintendo
>the company that monopolized and terrorized the gaming world
>becoming completely obsolete because of the PS1 and PS2
>good
>>
I just got the wiiu. It's really nice t.b.h
>>
>>319844450
It's a great doorstop
>>
File: 1411722984611.jpg (49 KB, 383x750) Image search: [Google]
1411722984611.jpg
49 KB, 383x750
If something like Sega was still aboard it would beat the shit of modern Nintendo consoles, but in the past Nintendo were literally the undisputable face of gaming.
>>
Regardless of any personal opinion on Nintendo, I hope Nintendo doesn't drop out of the race. Less competition means the front runner gets away with more and more, becoming less consumer-friendly as it goes along.
>>
>>319844312
Smash 4 is very popular amongst middle school and high school kids. Although not as much as the PS4.
>>
>>319844612
>Nintendo were literally the undisputable face of gaming.
You mean the tyanical overlords of a compitionless industry
Thank god for better consoles taking Nintendo down a peg and three.

I'm praying that this greedy company implodes so we can see the purity
of gaming return with real consoles.
>>
File: 1448648858519.jpg (145 KB, 1120x944) Image search: [Google]
1448648858519.jpg
145 KB, 1120x944
>>319844450
Picked up our 2nd Wii U. Wife and I can play splat/mk8 online now.

Xenoblading while she rocks her pikmin or donkey kong.

Playing Wii twilight with wiiU HD remake side by side together.

Play through of Bayonetta while she relishes in some virtual console memories.

Yeah... WiiU sucks and has NO GOOD GAMES to offer at all.

15 year old "give me Mah gwaffix" kids ITT
>>
File: laughingpunchman.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
laughingpunchman.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
>>319844757
>the purity of gaming
>>
File: wat.gif (499 KB, 354x171) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
499 KB, 354x171
>>319840261
>cross buy
What does this mean?

Crossgrade?
Cross-platform purchasing?
Cross-region availability / region-free?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN
>>
>>319844646
Too bad other consoles have much better policies than Nintendo right now.

The "buy a toy to unlock game modes and game content" strategy is really working wonders
>>
>>319844757
>competitionless industry
>what was Sega

Nintendo was objectively, the gods of videogames back then.
>>
>>319844450
The crunching sounds it made under my tires were nice yes.
>>
>>319844897
Devils of price-gouging, slander, and unethical standards.

I don't know why you're so ready to defend the evils they've committed.
>>
>>319844885
>other consoles have better policies
>mentions questionable peripheral decision

Were you born retarded, or did it happen over time?
>>
>>319845046
He said Nintendo was the god of videogames.

He didn't say they were benign gods.
>>
>>319845114
So that's what you call people who steal credit for others' work.
>>
File: 22516.jpg (38 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
22516.jpg
38 KB, 600x402
>>319840261

>tfw when the only Wii U game you like is Metroid Prime Trilogy and they haven't made a new metroid game in almost 10 years
>>
>>319845760
That's not even a Wii U game.
>>
>>319845760
>Please look forward to Metroid Prime Federation Force
>Here's looking at you Zelda and Metroid fans
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.