[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw this a better Doom game than 3 and 4 combined
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (57 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
57 KB, 460x215
>mfw this a better Doom game than 3 and 4 combined
>>
>better than doom 3 and 4
that's not a real high bar to clear, guy
>>
>>319838380
>Better than Doom 3
No, to be honest.
>>
>>319838852
Not hom, but it seemed on par in some areas like gameplay.
But story, fuck no.
>>
>>319839047
Doom 3 was a proper FPS that wasn't 100% linear (okay neither was RAGE to be fair), no arbitrary two weapon limit, had power ups, and health/armor. It was one of the last "real" FPS before regenerating health and strawberry jam became the norm.
>>
>mfw this is a better fallout than Bethesda's 3
>>
>i decided to get new wolf instead of rage
i feel like a made a mistake TNO isn't as great as people made it out to be...
>>
>>319840208
Neither is RAGE. I need a convoluted narative to really enjoy a game, and RAGE's is just an excuse for shooting shit, like all of iD's plots.
>>
>>319840730
well thats what i wanted with TNO but they shit it up with all the story nonsense
>>
>>319839520
doom 3 was linear as fuck
>>
It's a better Mad Max game than Mad Max.
>>
>>319840970
Doom 3 has nothing on current FPS in terms of being linear.
>>
>>319840834
You should enjoy RAGE then
>>
>>319840834
Yeah you definitely picked the wrong game for that of the two. Rages story is near nonexistent, it's purely gameplay.
>>
>>319840208
If you enjoy games with proper endings then you made the right choice. Rage sets up a finale then never follows through. Rage spoiler: The final boss is just fighting a bunch of small enemies you've fought earlier in the level then BAM cutscene, credits.

I've played both to completion and TNO is by far the better choice. Don't get me wrong, Rage has some positive qualities but TNO was the stronger experience overall in my opinion.
>>
It would have been better if there it had a second half.
>>
>>319840208

Rage is even worse so you picked the lesser of two shitpiles
>>
>He plays FPS for the story
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.