[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most of us agree that the story was the main low part of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12
Most of us agree that the story was the main low part of this game.

My question to you is what are your major grievances with it?

More cutscenes? Less cassettes? More keifer? More campiness?
>>
>More cutscenes? Less cassettes? More keifer? More campiness?
None of this really. I'm fine with the majority of the game. I just wish Chapter 2 would have been called "Epilogue" and had more new missions and no repeat ones. And having Episode 51 would be nice too, but it's still just one mission so I'm not too upset.
>>
>>319832750
As much as I love the gameplay, the repeat missions bugged me.
>>
File: 1437791704173.png (204 KB, 282x310) Image search: [Google]
1437791704173.png
204 KB, 282x310
I WANT TO BE DEPLOYED WITH NO GUNS OR ITEMS AND IT DOESN'T LET ME FREE ROAM WITH THAT SETTINGS WHAT THE FUCK KOJIMBO
>>
Add a gameplay section where you plow Hueys wife as Hal
>>
None of the big moments felt like they had any weight. I don't really know how to describe it.

Plus Kief had like 12 lines for the whole game.
>>
>>319832331
i wish they finished the fucking game.

what the hell happened to liquid? where's Frank Jaeger? We were promised the missing link but there weren't any.

Rest of the game was amazing though.
>>
>>319833224
After 51, liquid returned to England and joined the special forces. The game should have alluded to this, but it didn't.
>>
>>319833824
What did Mantis do during that time?
Just float around his bum chum waiting for Shadow Moses to happen?
>>
>>319834150
He joined the kjb as part of their psychic unit, I believe.
>>
I thought the story was fine right up until the mission to rescue mystical native american man.
>>
>Bad story
>Bad pacing
>Almost all missions are the same
>The least memorable OST
>B-movie slow motion Matrix cutscenes and awkward acting
>Snake has no personality
>>
HOW ABOUT MORE GAMEPLAY THAT ISNT
>go to base
>fulton this dude before the enemies get to him
>>
The story had potential, it just wasn't finished. After chapter 1 stuff just kinda randomly happens and then it ends. But it wasn't even an ending, you just get the truth mission with no context. When did Venom get his memories back? What triggered it? How did he react to the revelation? How did he get the tapes from BB? Did BB mail it to him or something? All we know is that at some point in time Venom found out who he really was and worked for BB until Snake killed him. No final boss, no epilogue, nothing about the real BB.
>>
File: 1449343530249.jpg (9 KB, 217x244) Image search: [Google]
1449343530249.jpg
9 KB, 217x244
>>319832331
There are many cutscenes that could have been made with the tapes.
The game would have been much more smooth if it had a few extra cutscenes
>>
>>319832331

Keifer sounded great as Big Boss...it's unfortunate that he only had 15 lines.
>>
>>319834602
He got his memory back when he listened to the tape, right? That's why he punched the mirror because it was at that point, the events just before Metal Gear happened.
>>
More coherence.
Quiet could just write what was happening instead of pointing a knife to the mouth of a soldier.
Hell, let's suppose she couldn't even write in English, she could have DRAWN small bugs coming out of the mouth and killing the host while drawing a small "sound/voice" logo near it.

Skullface could have taken Zero head on instead of shitting out that dumb parasite, and the turmoil of that fucking parasite would be short lived, as most soldiers could communicate with morse code by tapping on the radio button or flashlight, and the cause of the illness would be easily detected by Zero with a simple process of exclusion.
>>
>>319834602

You know...for a game stressing emotional weight, I'm upset that the only moment that felt like it had any of that was when you found the kids and had to get them out the mine that is unless you don't count Ground Zeroes as a whole.
>>
>>319834896
>she could have DRAWN small bugs coming out of the mouth
I can only imagine Miller's reaction to this.
>>
>>319832331
It is the definition of an anticlimax. Chapter 1 has the only resolution of plotline in the entire game with Skull Face's death. It gets reopened with what is left of Chapter 2, and in the end, nothing ends up resolved. In fact, I would argue that things are more fucked than when they began. The English parasite mating copulation hamburger pair is still around, only now in the hands of children. Sahelanthropus (a walking nuclear weapon) is also in their control.

It was delivered poorly. Tapes and radio did not make up for Codec exposition like I thought they would.

They showed literally every cutscene as trailers. They were also edited in such a way that they were actually more interesting than they really were. The story we formed in our minds prior to release was better than the one that was actually told in the game.

The main character is not Big Boss, but a blank, soulless self-insert.

The pacing was awful. We have the open world meme to thank for that.

There's really not a lot that went right in terms of story.
>>
>>319832750
I also think having GZ be in the main game and not released a year earlier would have helped tremendously.
>>
>>319832331
The open world nature of the game. It was boring, dull; all I could find out in the world were pairs of radiomen, a truck, plants and the occasional animals (of which they didn't even fully model, some are capture cage only). The gameplay was great but when the entire world feels like it revolves solely around my sneaking exploits, there's a problem; the Mujahadeen get mentioned in at least two separate missions, but when i'm buying time for them by blowing up tanks, they don't actually show up anywhere on the map or anything.

More life, more vibrancy and variety in the world, and maybe genuine civilians or local factors to the world could of gone a long way towards adding extra variety.
>>
>>319834896
You would think that, but it's backed up by science that even thinking a word in the language you want to speak in vibrates your throat, i.e. what triggers the parasite to infect their host.
Not shitting, go look it up.
>>
>>319835408
Then what language she was thinking on all the time? If she can safely think, in whatever language, she can safely -draw-.
>>
>>319834871
Where did he get the tape though? Or the tapes of Zero? I mean they could've at least had a cutscene where Ocelot hands him the tapes and explains shit since he was the only one who knew BBs plan at that point. On that note how did Miller find out in the post credits? Did Venom tell him? So many questions unanswered. Total anti-climax for a series finale.
>>
>>319835202
GZ would have been the best part of TPP. The only time the game feels like it has some direction. Camp Omega over anything in TPP anyway
>>
>>319835202

This. Ground Zeroes was the best part of MGSV.
>>
>>319835358
They spent so much time and resources (apparently) on making the game open world, and then proceeded to use none of it. Missions have small boundaries. Side ops take place only in designated locations. Nothing happens outside of outposts and bases. The world is utterly lifeless. Really disappointing.
>>
>>319835542
I'd assume Navajo or literally anything BUT English. She was only carrying the English strain.
>>
>>319835358
And if they couldn't do a living open world, they could've done it GZ style instead; open map and mission areas that can be refined and well-designed, compared to the bland 'okay welcome to this place with no real differences for the 20th time'. The game could've gotten a lot more emphasis and solidified design if they went this route, but NOPE, A NEW BREED OF STEALTH.

Jesus, they didn't even give us a lot of mission variety. When we got the Deja Vu and Jamais Vu missions I was expecting some seriously cool or unique missions to play through. Instead.. a Kojima mission that is literally a half-assed version of the first mission of the game with reused lines from GZ, and nothing else.
>>
>>319832331
More cutscenes. A tone more in line with the trailers and pre-release interviews. Better characters.

At some level it fits in with the theme of the game though I suppose. Still GOTY
>>
>>319834929
Best part of the story was the hallucination scene with Paz, because that was the only scene in the game where Venom was his own character and not just a blank BB clone. Second place is the ashes scene but that was spoiled in the trailers.
>>
>>319835714
>>319835597
>>319835565
How could we have known that GZ would be the best part of MGSV? I never would have guessed it. I just knew that TPP was going to expand on what GZ did and take it all to the next level x200.

They really should have made 20-30 Camp Omega-sized maps instead of two large, but empty maps. The game would've been so much better in really every way.
>>
All this pre release Kojima hype about race and shit which was barely in the game. I was expecting to kill child soldiers and actually having them deployed in combat and shit.
>>
No indoor infiltration, open world was too open. There weren't any claustrophobic areas like in the rest of the series. Even the final base you infiltrate was outdoors with the main threat being a helicopter.
>>
File: 1448223635134.jpg (21 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
1448223635134.jpg
21 KB, 500x248
Skullface was shown to be a nihilistic and intelligent villain, from what we saw in GZ he had amazing potential but he become a mustache twirling joke villain. Kaz and BB were supposed to be borderline insane and becoming evil and shit but they open a daycare and save kids and animals.
>>
File: eating ass.jpg (105 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
eating ass.jpg
105 KB, 960x720
>>319832331

More cutscenes with more dialogue (So I guess that covers more keifer part)

Less reliance on cassette.

A new plot altogether because the vocal cords parasites was just a very shitty plot element.

Fix the plotholes like quiet being unable to write down whats happening to venom (Yeah I know the official explanation was that she was afraid to get lynched but its fucking retarded she obviously fucking knew venom wouldn't do that) and Ishmael having no beard/both eyes despite being big boss.

make skullface an actual developed villain.

remove all that bullshit that takes away from BB's legend like skullface helping him in snake eater.

And of course change the fucking plot twist, let us play as big boss, for fuck's sake, this also applies to "remove from his legend", it even affects solid's if you think about it.
>>
>>319835973

I don't know anon...but it isn't just the game play. With the exception of v has come, GZ's music is better in every way. Hell, no other scene has even an ounce of tension as the theme that plays during the Paz extraction alert phase.
>>
MGS6 should take place after MGS4 and Rising, Foxhound is reformed. You can play as any member of the new foxhound and each mission is a unique mini-sandbox like GZ. Honestly getting the series in someone elses hands could be a good thing, but I doubt we'll ever see a new game in the series while Konami owns the IP.
>>
The campaign had its moments.

The whole time when your staff are dropping like flies and you have no idea how to stop it is a good time.

The actual gameplay mechanics are amazing.

Even though there isn't any real variety the missions are engrossing enough to keep you playing past the finale.

But I'm getting fatigue at the 75% mark. There's no real reason to keep on developing Mother Base except for completing a file, and developing guns. Online is so unfulfilled- the most failsafe way to win an infiltration is to MGS3 crawl to victory.

Really, the only reason I still play is so I can get 100% and then install Snakebite and play Infinite Heaven and go Subsistence SOP on Afghanistan.
>>
>>319836316
I don't know why they had Harry do the music for GZ and then only act as a supervisor role for TPP
>>
>>319836104
>More cutscenes with more dialogue (So I guess that covers more keifer part)
Agreed.

>Less reliance on cassette.
I prefer it honestly than codec, but this is a valid opinion.

>A new plot altogether because the vocal cords parasites was just a very shitty plot element.
I agree its kinda of the story's weakspot, so either something new or make Sahelanthropus be like an actual end all be all boss instead of teasing him from the get go.

>Fix the plotholes like quiet being unable to write down whats happening to venom (Yeah I know the official explanation was that she was afraid to get lynched but its fucking retarded she obviously fucking knew venom wouldn't do that) and Ishmael having no beard/both eyes despite being big boss.
Read >>319835408

>make skullface an actual developed villain.
This applies to the whole parasite ordeal as well

>remove all that bullshit that takes away from BB's legend like skullface helping him in snake eater.
I like it, it makes for somewhat of a good plot twist

>And of course change the fucking plot twist, let us play as big boss, for fuck's sake, this also applies to "remove from his legend", it even affects solid's if you think about it.
Then how will the plot hole of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 be filled?
>>
>>319836104
Kojima hates Solid since MGS3, but his writing skills got so bad he ended up making him the only really competent character. Solid is the only one that actually got shit done and he didn't even want any of that,
BigguBossu made a huge mess and pussied out letting his best man take the heat.
Then dragged this young clone around that ended up:
Stopping his deranged clone.
Stopping his own out of control mercenary base end of the world plan.
Stopping his other deranged cloneson.
and ultimately Stopping the fucking mess that Big boss started altogether.
>>
>>319836316
Once the importance of LZs, prisoner extraction, and guard patrols was diminished Phantom Pain lost.

Ground Zeroes was better because you couldn't really run away from a mistake.
>>
>>319836451

Fuck you, the series is about Snake, not some random foxhound faggot.

They should just declare MGSV non canon and fix it witth MGS6

>>319835408

Thats total bullshit m8.

Its pseudoscience and I believe it was explicitly stated off-game that it wouldn't be enough to trigger the parasites.
>>
>boss, don't shoot at those helicopters or it would be a declaration of war against XOF itself!
>after infiltrating OKB Zero when it was full of XOF personnel
I'll never understand this.
>>
File: 1431989614982.png (11 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1431989614982.png
11 KB, 633x758
>>319836316
It's true, and it hurts. Chico dies off-screen and it's hardly ever even mentioned in TPP. How could he botch it so bad? The game was teed up to be GOAT.

I blame open world. I think the cost and time investment took too much away from the rest of the game, making them release it unfinished. It also hurt the pacing of the story obviously. They could have told a more interesting story if they had made 20 or so GZ-sized maps - a Cipher base, a forest, snow area, etc. rather than the same old dusty, empty desert or plain grassland.
>>
>>319836631
>Read >>319835408
She wouldn't even THINK in English to draw shit.

>Then how will the plot hole of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 be filled?
There is no plot hole, Big Boss get badly hurt in MG1 and is fixed up and half cyborg in MG2, they specifically say that he had to be fixed up after how badly you owned him in MG1.
>>
File: image.jpg (221 KB, 1842x1036) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
221 KB, 1842x1036
>>319836516

>one by one quarantining of 1000 soldiers
>good time
>>
>>319836840
I think maybe when/if we were to return to Camp Omega, we would get flashbacks of Chico, paying more homage to him than just talking about him in a three minute cassette.
They should've just stuck to the formula of areas, MGS4 did it well even though it's mediocre.
>>
>>319832331
Stealth is nonexistent
There is no team of antagonists with unique boss battles
You don't fight skullface.
Lacks the weirdness of other metal gear games.
1/3 of game is replaying old missions on different difficult settings.
Children steal your nuclear gundam and you go back to redoing old missions.
>>
>>319836656

It's because solid is the definition of a hero fighting against all odds. He needs to be the one to finish his mission because it's his responsibility to do so.

Everyone in 4 kept telling him to rest, that they'd take care of it. He declined, and handled it himself.
>>
>>319836840

>no snow

Don't remind me anon.
>>
>>319836882
>first mission after outbreak
>20 men die
>okay, just no side ops and bullrush through the story
>next mission, 20 sick
>you have to pull through the records and find the missing link
>as you look through it soldiers get sick in real time
>there is no way to make a soldier healthy again, you have to let them die
it might have been a tedious event but you're fucked if it didn't resonate something.

I couldn't figure out if it was Kikongo or Afrikaans or if it was dependent on where they were abducted from so I quarantined every black asshole.
>>
>>319836754
There could be a new Snake MC. Snake and Fox are just the codenames they give to the best in Foxhound. I just think it would be cool if we took the system in MGSV and made it so you can have a whole team with varied abilities you can either play as or support you in the field.
>>
How the story should have flowed:
>wetwork (no saving kids and animals, this is fucking ridiculous)
>tracking down skullface (already present, but required more emphasis)
>dogged campaign to tear down xof, culminating in an encounter with sahelanthropus and skull face
How the story actually flowed:
>hey boss go kill these kids, nevermind lol
>hey boss keep doing these missions that seem totally unrelated to the main story, we'll find that skeleton guy one day
>oh hey there's xof and skull face, in and out
>>
>>319832331
LESS FUCKING FILLER, more well designed areas like the story ones and less shanty towns, cut out the "open world" crap.
Less "Collect 9 bajillion of x resource so you can upgrade this thing that will make this mission less of a pain in the ass", at the very least give me a way to collect the weapons on missions or something, if not going back to the good old "on site procurement" of previous games.

Those would be my major complaints at least.
>>
>319836631

That shit about the vibrations while speaking has already been debunked. Its pseudoscience and not an actual plotpoint. Quiet thinks in english and CT himself says that quiet speaking is not even enough to trigger the parasites.

>I like it, it makes for somewhat of a good plot twist

It turns BB into a regular elite soldier instead of the best mofo in the world.

>Then how will the plot hole of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 be filled?

In some other way that doesn't involve one of the most retarded and contradictory plot twist in the history of media.

>>319836656

I hate the fucking twist but BB didn't actually went to bahamas after escaping cyprus, he went to take on cypher.
>>
File: Star Wars Guy.jpg (35 KB, 566x472) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Guy.jpg
35 KB, 566x472
Everything seems like filler in the context of the game. You get this weird excitement when a cutscene plays in MGSV because you're hoping that finally now, something important will happen...and then it doesn't.

If you completely ignore any themes and messages the story is trying to tell AND all the Big Boss/Medic doppleganger shit because it has no bearings on the plot, we get a tale about a cowboy with a skull for a face named Skullface, and he wears a Lone Ranger mask, that's trying to kill talking while a bunch of gay dudes on a military base in the middle of some ocean systematically abduct everyone and make them into horrible soldiers that get beaten up by kids, then they kill the skeleton cowboy and the children beat them up and escape with a giant robot.

More cutscenes wouldn't have fixed the problem. Less cassette tapes wouldn't have fixed the problem. A cohesive story would have fixed the problem. Metal Gear Solid is probably the LEAST cohesive series in all of gaming that still gets praised for it's writing. But the old games had something moving the plot, something to keep the adventure rolling along. MGSV is just a waste of time story combined with lousy, uninspired missions that half of are tagged as "Main Ops" when they have no differences to the extra "unimportant" content.
>>
>>319837435

Let me be fucking clear:

It's about John and David, it's about big boss' genes.
>>
>>319837876
Snake is dead by the end of MGS4, as is Big Boss. The only remaining legacy of anything relating to Big Boss is Raiden due to the VR Training and Solidus Snake's machinations / the S3 plan. And he's gone his own route in life.

John and David are dead, the only thing Konami could do with the continuity now is fuck things up, do new sequels after MGS4 / MGR, or reboot / alternate universe it up.
>>
It should have been linear. The open world added nothing. It mainly just detracted from level design and story. The lengthly cutscenes were always a major portion of the game. Not only that, but the story in this game was just pointless. Not just the tweest, because even without it, we still don't see big boss become the villain. He's the same as he was at the end of 3... and pw... and po(+)...
Not to mention chapter 3 fucking died.
>>
>>319837330
All of the initial sick soldiers had Kikongo, Russian and English in common. I knew it was related to language, but how was I to know? I quarantined everyone who spoke those three languages, but obviously missed a lot since there were more that spoke Kikongo and other combinations. I lost about half my force and just stopped caring. The trailer spoiled the "diamonds from their ashes" scene, so I already knew where it was heading.
>>
>>319838092
PLAYABLE SNAKE ERASER
>>
>>319838326

I didn't hate the open world maps, so long as it was more focused and less repetitive.

How many fucking times did I need to revisit locations? Too many. The amazing gameplay mad it tolerable but only so much, as there wasn't much reward for proceeding through the objectives. The occasional cutscenes just brought more questions than answers, and everything was spread out in an awful way not locales, but plot points.

I don't know. I have no urge to revisit the game. Which is unfortunate because i haven't felt that way about a mainline game since Skyward Sword.
>>
>>319832331
>what are your major grievances with it?

Too sparse. They could have cut out half of the missions that don't have to do with fucking anything and spread everything across the entire game.

Also, I know hindsight is 20/20 but Ground Zeroes REALLY should have been Chapter 1 of Phantom Pain. It would have done nothing but make the game infinitely better. More flow, less time for hype to build, less time to speculate making the twist at the end harder to predict, would've made the transition from a set location to an open world much cooler, would've emphasized the contrast between the two different playstyles, etc.

Also the story isn't fucking finished, that's a huge problem. Kingdom of the Flies should have been in the fucking game, it's criminal that it wasn't completed.
>>
>>319832331
The idea about the relationship between languages and war is probably the closest to a actually unique, creative and relevant story that any vidya has ever had. It could have been the first video game to actually have a mature and thoughtful story.

Entirely ruined by parasites and supernatural bullshit, as well as a massive lack of relationship back to the gameplay.
>>
The story would have been so easy to make, it was almost a no-brainer

show big boss, show outer heaven, show his downfall, bang done.

Instead there were too many plot elements introduced in this game that are literally never mentioned again

the metallic archaea
the parasites
quiet
skullface

they all seem like pretty important plot devices given their abilities, but are simply forgotten, they just seem unnecessary and sometimes outright stupid

also the only bad thing about Kiefer was his lack of lines, which was entirely not his fault, Kojima just wanted to satisfy his hard-on for Mad Max, Kiefer blows Hayter out of the water in every scene he speaks
>>
File: 1442026837214.png (102 KB, 776x708) Image search: [Google]
1442026837214.png
102 KB, 776x708
The whole game.
>>
>>319837527
there are plants that respond to the sound of insects eating them, and ONLY the sound of insects eating them.

it's still pseudoscience but it's not thatttt bad. A parasite that reacts to sound cadence could work.
>>
>>319837527
>That shit about the vibrations while speaking has already been debunked
I can literally hold my hand to my throat and feel it vibrate when I speak

Stop being retarded
>>
>>319838092
they can easily bring back snake clones.

Or remake mg1 and 2.

Or reboot the series COMPLETELY.
>>
Kojima just had to have his fucking twist. He couldn't just give the fans what they wanted after the fantastic trailers, he just had to fucking add a stupid clone twist that makes the entire game feel useless. He just couldn't be assed to actually make a story about the downfall of the most important character of the series, it had to be a commentary about playing videogames or missing limbs or whatever the fuck, it couldn't just be about Big Boss becoming a villain. He just had to have his cunty fireball unicorns and thunder volgin, it couldn't just be a clean break for the series with a new VA and a new, more serious tone.

It's always a fucking fight with these guys, they never just come out and create something the fans want. Fucking bullshit
>>
>>319837812
After being a fanboy of the series since 98, I can say that Kojima is actually a hack when it comes to writing. I mean, he's just awful. He devours pieces of media and then regurgitates them, but he never bothers to finish a complete thought before moving on to the next bit of media to heist. Moby Dick and revenge, Breaking Bad and an antihero protagonist, etc.

He said the game would do this and that, tackle taboo themes, but it just fell flat. It was tame as can be and it really disappoints me.
>>
>>319838930
I don't agree with ANYTHING in that image.

What a bunch of fags.
>>
File: 46677.png (402 KB, 513x584) Image search: [Google]
46677.png
402 KB, 513x584
>>319839546
Here's your reply.

There are points in that post that are as objectively retarded as you are.

I love mgs and TPP was fucking terrible.
>>
>>319835556
>series finale
This was not the series finale it's just adding more information in the middle. Series finale was mgs4.
Solid snake is the main character of the series not big boss, not medic snake. Solid snake

That said, i loved mgs5
>>
>>319832331
The characters are all lame. The number one reason I love Metal Gear stories are for the characters but none of them felt like they had any depth in MGSV. They even managed to fuck up Ocelot who is supposed to be consistently great.
>>
File: 1449182961367.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1449182961367.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
The trailers

The trailers conveyed a story that wasn't there, or was half there and that plays a big part into why people were so disappointed.

The E3 2013 trailer conveyed a story of revenge with 'no just cause'. But in the end the events that happened in chapter 1 were for the good of the world and we never got a sense that venom even wanted revenge, Kaz kinda did by being angry over codec but thats a stretch, although the stuff with Huey is still solid for this part and the first few missions set up kaz's lust for revenge well, but it didn't really pay off.

The E3 2014 trailer made us think there would be a downfall of motherbase and that the boss would go 'NUCLEAR' against his comrades and give us a villian, instead we got something akin to a zombie scenario for 1 mission (Still a great mission though)

The E3 2015 trailer is the biggest offender, we see venom with skull face in the car and assume that he has sided with him, for whatever reason, possibly to strengthen mother-base or maybe because all is lost, giving some more context to why he went NUCLEAR, even at the end of the trailer we see venom with skull face too and hes clearly distraught with guilt. Zero is heard too, but never appears, only heard in tapes. Also Les enfants terrible was juicy bait right at the end.

The 'Not Your Kind of People' trailer is probably the only one which which set up expectations that it met story-wise.
>>
>>319839146

Sorry I meant WHILE THINKING

>>319839320

read what I just said.

Think something while holding your throat tell me if you feel any vibration.

hint: you wont.
>>
>>319839483
Has there ever been a director with more disdain for their fanbase than Kojima? I mean, the guy obviously hates our fucking guts.

>MGS2 Raiden (when everyone just wanted to play as Solid Snake) is a self-insert for the player - a cunty, whiny bitch who is entirely clueless

Now he gives us MGSV, where we play as a soulless, blunted affect of a self-insert Big Boss impostor.

It shows what Kojima thinks of us - that we don't deserve to play as Snake. That we're whiny, bloodthirsty kids trained in VR. You know what he did with V? He wrote Big Boss out of the series. He knows Konami will make more MGS games, but he's saying metaphorically that the character will be an impostor, not the real Big Boss.
>>
My only problem with the main story is that there wasn't enough of it. I actually really liked it overall, but the cut content with Eli, the lack of cutscenes for Skullface, and the weird pacing of the second chapter (which is really an epilogue) due to lack of post-game story was annoying.
>>
>>319840129

I hadn't thought about this.

Is he just killing big boss because he knows that konami will rape his corpse?
>>
parasites give you the ability to form a gun out of air with live ammo and a powered laser sight
>>
>>319837441
>hey boss keep doing these missions that seem totally unrelated to the main story, we'll find that skeleton guy one day
>oh hey there's xof and skull face, in and out

Biggest problem, no sense of pacing. They designed an open-world game and tried to fit it to be metal-gear game.

I remember that mission where you have to destroy the walkers in africa and at the end being given the weakest excuse as to why it was story relevant, while it totally wasnt. Thats what half of the main missions were

In GZ at least the Main mission was story relevant through and through
>>
File: 56469549874974.png (57 KB, 1304x717) Image search: [Google]
56469549874974.png
57 KB, 1304x717
>>319840569
Big Boss never dies, my friend. Go look at the ending credits. The last thing to roll is Big Boss' "death". You could take this to mean that he dies at the end of MGS4 (which he does). But it also means that he dies with MGSV - effectively being written out of the series by Kojima himself so that Konami, and us as players by extension, cannot sully him further.

He's partly doing it to spite Konami, but I think also because he truly despises his fanbase. They'll make more MGS games. They own the IP and he can't stop them, but he can take Big Boss with him in this way.
>>
Mission "types" should have been avaliable the moment you beat a mission. Each should have had extreme, no weapon start one, or stealth.
Really just not have had "acts" at all and just smooshed ita ll together. by Teasing act 2 they made it seem as big as act 1, but it wasn't at all.
This lead to way more disappointment than it really could have landed.
>>
It had a lot of the same issues peace walker had.
>Introduces a lot of really uninteresting characters, while calling back to none of the actually interesting ones. (i.e. Quiet instead of Gray Fox)
>Incredibly weak story for a MGS.
>None nonsensical bullshit throughout and while you can argue all of the games are full of nonsense, PP has none of the Kojima charm and flair that helps them pull it off, whereas PP feels like a board meeting spitballed ideas while saying "Kojima would do something like this right?"
>An incredibly advanced engine capable of some really interesting gameplay that goes utilized.

The last part is the worst seeing as they came from Ground Zeroes which has by far the best gameplay the series has seen. Problem was they jumped on the open world bandwagon while failing to realize what makes MGS good and what makes openworld games good.
>>
>>319832331
Make Motherbase have activities to do, put back the unique characters in it, make Animal conservation platform be in Motherbase, etc.
Add things to the open world, vehicles, convoys, skirmishes on civilian villages, and if you keep those villages safe, they give you resources.
Make actual fights happen randomly, make it feel like a warzone.
Also, make zones like hospitals and such where you can find staff specialized in certain abilities.

Then give Chapter 3 with Episode 51 and basically telling us how Diamond Dogs relocated to Galzburg, and have building Outer Heaven, the actual fortress, be some post-game shit to do.

Also, this can't be undone, but if the game was PS4, XONE and PC only, they could have made the OKB Zero mission be an all out battle between Diamond Dogs and XOF.
I mean, Kaz spoke a lot about ''being strong enough to take on Cipher'', but in the end it's always Snake and his gear the one that does the job.
>>
>>319840962
>They own the IP and he can't stop them, but he can take Big Boss with him in this way

Actually they can just revive him with nanomachines.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.