[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4 chapters in. game is a cliche anime mess with shit characters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1427834536-sg-key-art.jpg (776 KB, 1920x997) Image search: [Google]
1427834536-sg-key-art.jpg
776 KB, 1920x997
4 chapters in. game is a cliche anime mess with shit characters so far.
talk me out of dropping it
>>
>>319830645

That's why I didn't buy it. Glad I didn't now.
>>
Give it to me then.
>>
>>319830645
You paid for it
>>
>>319831089
I didn't buy it either, I pirated it and beat it. It's a clichéd anime mess with shit characters that get even more shit as it goes on. Hilda isnt the bad guy, god is and it ends with you going to the moon to kill god
>>
>>319830645
It's fun.
>>
Game gets super fucking grimdark after the big twist in Chapter 8.

Like holy shit there's such a disconnect with the bright artstyle and generic anime designs with how dark it gets later.
>>
>>319831089
the gameplays mediocre (fire emblem but bogged way the fuck down)
had a shitty social link like system
the characters can only talk in English but the single in Japanese(there's no voice option for either talking or singing)
so far every character is cliche and predictable
>Mc woke up in a Forest with no memories and a dumb magic item
> turns out he's the chosen one destined to be a white Knight self insert so we can all have our harem

we also got
>childhood friend character
>villian who does actually evil things that I just know is gonna join the good guys
>tsundere
> teenage gilr who speaks in the 3rd person and acts like a fucking retarded 5 yearold
>obligatory ninja who also doubles as fap material. "I swear the only thing developed about you is you body" -tsundere
>lady's man who hits on every girls he sees
>straightman who takes every thing seriously
honestly I haven't straight up dropped a game in years but I can't take shit anime troupes and cliches anymore
>>
>>319831809
I'm not waiting 4 more chapters for the game to not be a slog
>>
>>319831354
50 bucks isn't much of a loss for me
>>319831690
it's not though
>>
>>319831690
it's not though. the game play is so slow and so many series do this style of gameplay better
>>
>>319832285
>(fire emblem but bogged way the fuck down)
FFT but bogged way the fuck down would be a more accurate.
>>
>>319832394

I didn't say anything about that. I was just saying the tone of the story changes a lot after that point.

Personally I thought the game got way too tedious in the final chapters. Not hard, but there's a lot of annoying enemies that start off halfway across the map and spend 2-3 turns buffing themselves/allies and summoning more enemies that everything takes longer than it should.

Biggest thing stopping me from doing a second play is how slow battles move even if you turn animations off.
>>
I thought it looked neat but this type of game is no where near worth $40+atlus tax. Hell I'm still waiting for FE:A to drop down to $20 before I bite.
>>
>>319833375
I've beaten FE A multiple times I'll beat it again before I beat this game
>>
>>319830645
>imageepoch
Seriously what did you expect
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.