[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you hate Fighting Games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Why do you hate Fighting Games?
>>
File: 1366216527758.gif (2 MB, 380x300) Image search: [Google]
1366216527758.gif
2 MB, 380x300
/v/ hates all games, didn't you know?

I like fightan, and I'd get better at it if I had a half decent internet connection.
>>
>>319824596
I love them actually, I'm just fucking abysmal at them.
>>
>>319824596
I don't Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Nintendo GameCube is my favorite game
>>
File: maxresdefault[4].jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[4].jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
Spamming overpowered moves is like kicking someone in the nuts.

Yeah, you won, but everyone saw what you did.
>>
>>319825736
Getting beat by someone spamming is like getting kicked in the nuts over and over.

Why didn't you do anything different to avoid it?
>>
Because I'm bad at them.
>>
>>319824596
I don't hate them, I'm just really bad at them. They just aren't my thing.
>>
File: 1448731591068.jpg (80 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
1448731591068.jpg
80 KB, 398x500
I don't hate them. I just that no one who lives with me plays fighting games either so I can't get gud with my bros and I'm too much of a pussy to go online to fight.
>>
>>319824596
I love fighting games, I just suck shit at them cause I'm a button masher.
>>
So what's the new plot of KoF going to be?
>>
File: STOP.jpg (93 KB, 381x507) Image search: [Google]
STOP.jpg
93 KB, 381x507
Why do you make this same thread 3 times a day?
>>
Low skill involved. High skill ceiling for the mechanics in the game, there's just shit all mechanics.

Other games involve all the related skills from fighting games and 200x more in other areas.
>>
>>319827993
Fighting games are one of the only games that require knowledge, speed and execution to do. Remembering DPS rotations and shit or having knowledge outside of the game takes way less skill.
>>
>>319828501

Well yeah I'm not talking about fucking MMO's lol.

Other genres where you literally have the mechanics of fighting games or similar, then further build upon that.

Fighting games are like an introduction into skilled video games where you only have to learn the fighting part of it.
>>
>>319828681
Name a genre/game you're talking about.
>>
>>319824596
Because the genre is stagnate. Any innovation has been met with huge amounts of criticism which hasn't allowed it to grow. So we've been stuck playing the same rehashed shit for decades.
>>
/v/ hates fighting games for 2 reasons

-They're fucking bad at them
-They're horrified of black people

This is why it's impossible to have a fighting game thread that isnt 99% people asking for a dedicated block button, asking for hit and hurt boxes to match character models by the polygod, and for capcom to stop releasing expansion packs.

They're actually that dumb

For fucks same, someone in a thread from a few days ago was honestly ARGUING that he was "sick of the focus on multiplayer in modern fighting games" and another person thought the game was dropping in framerate because connecting hits last a few frames.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.